• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

I mean what is there to be expected of Bleach when dimensional differences are used to explain the power gap
Ehh I dunno. Just seemed like a good place to follow up on the Ganju joke. Like at least I’m not saying stuff like Ganju is actually tier 0 or some other stuff like that. Cause that’s just boring and below even mid when it comes to joking.

Also I just watched the raw on a BiliBili live stream the moment it came out in Japan as I could roughly understand Japanese due to how many animes and tokusatsu I’ve seen already.

I was thinking, especially based on how he's depicted in the anime, that Almighty Yhwach should have infinite speed rather than teleportation when using The Almighty. The sound effects and the way his cape moves the first time he dodges Ichibei suggest actual movement instead of just teleportation. It’s similar to how Wally West (The Flash) moves in the fourth dimension to achieve immeasurable speeds in the third dimension. Yhwach, however, moves through The Almighty to achieve infinite speed in the present.

Basically, since there's actual movement involved, I believe it should be classified as 'infinite speeds by moving with The Almighty' rather than teleportation. Papa Arc, you have the final say on this.

Almighty didn’t really amp Yhwach’s AP as much as it just let him get free hits on Ichigo and evade all Ichigo’s attacks. Like they’re already relative, so obviously Yhwach’s going to perform much better when he can foresee everything Ichigo will do, and UI dodge everything.
To me , it does seem that the anime show Yhwach getting an AP boost from activating Almighty.
Huge energy pillar as he activate it, far bigger than the one made by Base Yhwach in this very episode and shock even Ichigo.
The multi arrows attack made right after he activate it needed at GT to break them, while ichigo could Bitchslap away a Qualkreiss from Base Yhwach without GT.

Last edited:
To me , it does seem that the anime show Yhwach getting an AP boost from activating Almighty.
Huge energy pillar as he activate it, far bigger than the one made by Base Yhwach and shock even Ichigo.
The multi arrows attack made right after he activate it needed at GT to break them, while ichigo could Bitchslap away a Qualkreiss from Base Yhwach without GT.
He regains his strength during the fight against Ichibei, which allows him to control the A, but his strength is not amplified when using it.

Also just realized that this episode probably revealed the reason why Ichibe wasn’t worried if Yhwach won. Like we knew that Ichibe was originally gonna turn Ichigo into the Soul King to maintain the three worlds. But everybody thought wouldn’t Yhwach just kill Ichigo like he did with Adnyeus to start the collapse again?

This episode revealed that you need to have the powers of Shinigami, Human, Quincy, Fullbringer, & Hollow all in one to be able to fully break the seal of the soul king who maintains the three worlds. So if Ichigo was gone Yhwach would have no way of breaking the seal so Ichibe probably believed they could maintain the three worlds like that. But nobody expected Yhwach to be able to absorb Adnyeus’ corpse so even if Ichibe did go that route it probably would’ve ended up failing after Yhwach absorbs Adnyeus and gains the power of all five races to kill Ichigo.

Okay, it just hit me:
If the Soul King had a sword... And it was held in his right hand still at the time of his dismemberment... But now it is nowhere to be seen...

So, where the hell is it now?
I've seen some theories that it could be the Shinken Hakkyōken (the Ise sword), which would be awesome, but if that is the case, I wonder how it changed in appearance from when the Soul King wielded it.

Yhwach can never be defeated in cross verse:

Presumption, if a character is capable of attacking, the match is not concluded.

Argument: Yhwach can send out attacks into the far future (He attacked the soul society ten years into the future just to **** with Ichigo in chapter 679). This attack will still fire even if Yhwach is dead (happened in Manga), and is entirely independent of Yhwach's state. Even if a character can defeat Yhwach utterly, he will still be capable of attacking. Thus, he cannot be rendered incapable of attacking through death, incap, bfr, whatever.

Garganta = outer space might be my favorite “I know nothing about Bleach” take from back then. “The stars are painted on the sky” is another classic one as well, reverting back to archaic ages.
I love the scan people use to prove garganta = outer space when it's explicitly an analogy which heavily suggests the things in analogy aren't the full scope.

Garganta = outer space might be my favorite “I know nothing about Bleach” take from back then. “The stars are painted on the sky” is another classic one as well, reverting back to archaic ages.
Bleach downplayers be like some planets are made of physical matter and some others are made of spiritual matter lmao

The Almighty didn’t amp Yhwach’s stats… like did yall watch the episode?
Ichigo can still cut through and halt Yhwach’s arrows and he eats a reishi explosion to the face with minimal injuries. All that changed was Yhwach’s hax enabled him to always evade all of Ichigo’s attacks and all of his attacks to land. Their bout concludes with Almighty Yhwach and TS Ichigo clashing too. There is no (significant) stat amp via the Almighty.

The Almighty didn’t amp Yhwach’s stats… like did yall watch the episode?
Ichigo can still cut through and halt Yhwach’s arrows and he eats a reishi explosion to the face with minimal injuries. All that changed was Yhwach’s hax enabled him to always evade all of Ichigo’s attacks and all of his attacks to land. Their bout concludes with Almighty Yhwach and TS Ichigo clashing too. There is no (significant) stat amp via the Almighty.
Ye i did, and it's clear the anime show Almighty Yhwach stronger.

Big energy aura, far bigger than the one Base Yhwach made in this very episode, right as he activate the Almighty.
Arrows that ichigo could bitchslap with mere swordstrikes now need a GT to be broken/repelled once Almighty is active.

It maybe not be big or quantifiable, but it is CLEARLY there.

Ye i did, and it's clear the anime show Almighty Yhwach stronger.

Big energy aura, far bigger than the one Base Yhwach made in this very episode, right as he activate the Almighty.
Arrows that ichigo could bitchslap with mere swordstrikes now need a GT to be broken/repelled once Almighty is active.

It maybe not be big, but it is CLEARLY there.
That aura explosion that Ichigo also just tanked. The only reason Qualkreis overwhelmed Ichigo the second time is because instead of being dispersed over a large area, it was all coalesced in one spot in front of him, and was able to activate faster due to Yhwach’s overall quicker ability to function given future sight. Plus Ichigo still cut through an Almighty Yhwach Qualkreis arrow with a normal sword swing, and Ichigo used a Getsuga to clash evenly with a non Almighty Yhwach arrow. People need to realize that there are factors in fights outside stats that let you dominate against characters you’re relative in power to.

Edit: but you’re conceding there’s no significant amp anyway, so I don’t feel the need to keep pressing the point.

I think this episode is the final nail in the coffin for downplayers. The Soul King created the entire cosmology from a primordial sea, which means no more arguments about a single universe being separated into three galaxy-level realms. Also, the planet-level argument doesn't hold up either, as he created everything. Each realm's stars, galaxies, and outer space, in general, were created by him, so claiming that his death would only destroy three planets is absurd. The death of the creator and stabilizer of everything would logically have a far greater impact than just affecting three planets across space-time.
You watched the same episode as me? Where was this even said!? 🤔

That aura explosion that Ichigo also just tanked. The only reason Qualkreis overwhelmed Ichigo the second time is because instead of being dispersed over a large area, it was all coalesced in one spot in front of him, and was able to activate faster due to Yhwach’s overall quicker ability to function given future sight. Plus Ichigo still cut through an Almighty Yhwach Qualkreis arrow with a normal sword swing, and Ichigo used a Getsuga to clash evenly with a non Almighty Yhwach arrow. People need to realize that there are factors in fights outside stats that let you dominate against characters you’re relative in power to.

Edit: but you’re conceding there’s no significant amp anyway, so I don’t feel the need to keep pressing the point.
All i meant to say is that the anime clearly want to show a difference in power between base and almighty. Otherwise, the aura collumn made right after he activate it wouldn't be so much bigger than the one made by base Yhwach. The anime wouldn't do such things for no reasons.

I was never saying it was worthy of a tier change/tier jump or anything of the like. Just that it was there.

All i meant to say is that the anime clearly want to show a difference in power between base and almighty. Otherwise, the aura collumn made right after he activate it wouldn't be so much bigger than the one made by base Yhwach. The anime wouldn't do such things for no reasons.

I was never saying it was worthy of a tier change/tier jump or anything of the like. Just that it was there.
The anime wanted to convey that Yhwach with the Almighty is a far more dangerous opponent not that he got a stat amp*

The anime wanted to convey that Yhwach with the Almighty is a far more dangerous opponent not that he got a stat amp*
That make no sense to me to use aura then, wich are usually used to represent pure power . Him just starting to dominate Ichigo would be far more than enough to show the hax of the Almighty.

Peak Episode🔥🔥🔥🔥
  • Foreshadowing of Silver Arrow
  • Kubo removing True Shikai = Mugetsu (that never made sense to me)
  • Clear showing/explaining of Soul King feat
  • Cool animation and goated battle (still not on Episode 6)
  • The creative use of The Getsugas
  • Soul King's name revealed
  • New lore
  • Yhwach being older than the Bleach cosmos

Kubo and Pierrot Films really cooked with this episode. They even partnered with another studio.

Back