• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Badlands of The Post-Apocalypto Thread 6

@Paul: The hinges break off, causing the door to slowly fall in your direction

@Dragon: [They are under your control, you can decide]

Nero makes sure to move out of the door's way, standing to the side, as he waits for it to fall

Corvus fires a few blades into the walls further ahead to light up the path, meanwhile listening to what the others are doing.

@PAUL: The door falls, leading to one final room. It's a massive power generator room, containing literal tons of machines and metal, all working away at generating power. At the center of it all you see a crazed looking scientist in a partial hazmat suit who's reaching into what looks like the main reactor with a large glove. There's a sickly red light coming from the center, emanating an aura of fear.

@Phoenix: Bizarrely, the blades don't light up the path, being swallowed into darkness after a few feet. They're gone in an instant and it's still pitch black.

Heading down to the base floor, I see that Adel has finished sweeping up the cobwebs and dust on the ground. The needles and mold in the corner are gone.

Rikka's not on this floor but I can hear her machines outside so that's probably what she's working on.

"You've done good work here so far."

Adel looks over to me and shrugs.

"The guy I brought over here is in the basement, give him some supplies to fix the bathroom upstairs and start fixing up the basement yourself."

She nods.

"Okay."

I head outside and see Rikka making drones while the ones that are completed are sealing up the cracks in the bricks and cutting down the vines.

This building needs a new paint job.

"Hey."

Rikka turns to me.

"What?"

"We need more money so I'm going to the mayor to see if he can give us another job."

"..."

"You can loot any tech we find."

"Fine."

Rikka and I head to the mayor's office.

Torlikoff said:
@Overlord: The room contains several people hiding from you, having seen the murder. It's small, having a dance floor and a disco ball at the top. The dance floor has a record player in front of it, but it's not on. Around the room are chairs, tables, and a mini bar. Someone tries to run past you towards the door.
Ukyo de-frosts the claws off his hands and attempts to grab said person by the arm, with enought force to halt their run, but not enought to snap their arm off or similar.

What is that thing? Best to not destroy the reactor so...

Nero swings and fires a weaker beam than normal towards the scientist, so that it would hopefully not blow everything up

@Dragon: There's a new board by the office, with a few job listings up.

@Overlord: You grab them as they desperately try to escape, screaming for help.

@Paul: The scientist is knocked back and onto the floor. A glass orb that's eminating the red light falls out of his hand, hitting the floor and cracking. A deep crimson mist eminates from the cracks.

"So close..." he mutters, dying.

Ukyo puts his other hand over the person's mouth to make them shut up, then slowly turns their head around towards him, giving them a cold stare.

[Also, a description of how the person looks would be appriciated.]

So that's what they were all defending huh?

Nero heads over to the sphere to grab it and check it out

@Overlord: They stop struggling, going limp and eyes rolling back. [They are a 5'6" woman who has brown skin, short cut hair, and is wearing a mismatch of clothes from various styles and decades.]

@Paul: You feel nauseated approaching it, like too much of a good thing is going on. Getting closer just makes this feeling worse. There's a small glint of light in the orb.

"What is in this thing?"

Nero continues towards the orb quickly, trying to ignore the nausea and break it open to retrieve the object producing the glint.

"Rather dark isn't it," the girl muttered before lighting her hands on fire and shooting a plume of heat down to light the path forward. Maybe this would work?

@Overlord: [They aren't dead, they passed out.]

@Dragon: There are several jobs, including construction work, heavy lifting, fixing some pipes, government sanctioned assasinations, and medecine help.

@Jacky: The fire also doesn't seem to light up the path, getting eaten by the darkness.

@Paul: Breaking it open, an explosion of pure white goes off in your hands, launching you back and planting you into the concrete wall. A wave of whitish red energy follows, spreading out in seconds and going through the walls, straight out into the world around you.

@Everyone: This same wave passes by all of you, spreading dust everywhere and blowing everyone back. The explosion covers several states and passes through everything in them. Being hit with it feels like you're having a piece of metal welded onto your skin. Soon after this, you notice something is different and feel stronger. [To the meta thread.]

[Tor said we could post now.]

Corvus seemed only briefly disoriented by the wave, quickly standing up with seemingly little reaction, Corvus stared into the darkness now, with his newly improved vision, no visual obstruction could prevent him from seeing through it now.

For anyone near him that could sense such things, they would detect something strange with Corvus. His body no longer emitted heat, his heart was no longer beating, he was no longer breathing, by all means he should have been dead, yet was standing there just fine.

Riktor narrowed his eyes, turning his gaze to Corvus.

He felt something strange in him.

"Hey ... Corvus ... are you okay? I don't feel your heart beat anymore," he asked, worried.

"I am fine." Corvus replies, seeming untroubled.

"It appears my body has obtained some unique properties though." He says, placing his hand on where his heart would be, the hand seemingly sinks in to him, so as to check closer, yet no visible harm is done.

"Huh, I'm feeling pretty neat," she said with a grin as she waved her hand around. It caught fire, but not much else was involved. Best not show off just yet. "I think I'm going to have quite a bit of fun. But what about this darkness?"

"Unfortunately I can't manipulate the darkness ... but I can do this," exclaimed the hunter and then disappeared and reappeared behind Sophie, patting her shoulder with his forefinger.

Her eyes widened and she spun around, putting an arm around him in an attempt to push her closer to him, while her their hand pressed against his chest. It began to heat up, like she was going to slow roast him. "Here's a little tip. Ask a lady before you touch her, if you don't know her. Got it?"

The hunter raised an eyebrow and then disappeared again and reappeared a few steps behind her.

"Tip noted, I also suggest that you do not warm up too much, nobody here is in a situation to keep the guard always up," he exclaimed calmly.

"Whatever you say," she said with a shake of her head before continuing on. "So, do we go through this darkness?"

@Phoenix: The pathway, finally visible, is a very deadly looking place. There's a tripwire right by the entrance and a hole in the path. Beyond this there's a turn right with a pile of bodies of varying age blocking your ability to see beyond that.

"It's a trap. There's a tripwire and many corpses ahead. I can see through it, but not as well as I should. I assume it's made by someone's power." Corvus calmly explains, meanwhile activating his trajectory vision to see if any movement is happening in the dark.

Ouch, is that all that's done here though?

Nero gets out of where he was launched into the wall, dusting himself off and looking around the room to see if anything else was of note, if not, he heads for the stairs back up to the higher level

@Paul: The stairs upward and the floors above you have collapsed, the entire place is covered in rubble. You notice all the lights have gone out.

"What the-what just happened? Did someone launch a Nuke?" Charlotte says puzzled

She then stands up and looks for the Kids to see if the're fine

"Figured, I guess it makes sense that this area collapsed, I was told to not destroy too much but they should understand."

Electricity surges around Nero's body, as he controls his own magnetism, adhering to the walls in order to climb out to a higher level

@Phoenix: There's only the movement of a falling piece of rock.

@Paul: You manage to create a path to the surface while noticing the entire building is all but gone at this point. There are a few surviving allies but there's no chance this place can ever be used again.

@Adem: The kids seem to be gone, as if they blinked out of existence in an instant.

"No other movement. Good." Corvus says, seemingly to himself, aiming his bow. He telekinetically pulls pieces of rock from the walls of the cave, refining them into the shape of makeshift spears before drawing them into his bow with Arrow Conversion, he then fires them at very precise angles, one to break the tripwire and a few more to block off the top of the hole so it can be passed over.

Back