• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Badlands of The Post-Apocalypto Thread 6

Nero heads over towards the allied soldiers

"So uhh, the base may be gone but, at least the enemy no longer has it either." He says

"I didn't think that sphere would blow everything up that badly."

@Phoenix: The tripwire snaps, a spike falling from the ceiling above it and planting itself in the ground.

@Paul: The commander from earlier comes towards you, eyes filled with rage.

"What in the hell did you do?" She screams. "Not only have you destroyed the base we were trying to take, you set off some sort of explosion that went all across the damn state, and now half my soldiers are either unconscious or exhibiting symptoms!"

Corvus begins walking into the darkness. "It's clear of traps for now, I understand if you don't want to follow me though." He says to the others as he enters it, heading further, though remaining careful with trajectory vision still active, he heads past the spike to look at what's beyond the turn, carefully examining it before he proceeds.

"As if I could miss this opportunity," Sophie said with a grin as she hurried along. This was going to be fun, she could tell. "Alison, Barry, stay close now." The two followed silently, Alison pulling out a gun.

"So there was this reactor right, and there was an enemy in there, so I blasted him, but weak enough to not set it off. But he dropped some sphere he was carrying, it cracked and started leaking, and here we are now."

@Phoenix: Beyond the turn is a complex series of tunnels, starting with a 4 way split and many branching paths beyond that. The enchantment on the tunnels makes it difficult to see very far, but you can notice many dead ends.

@Adem: The houses are the only places with people, but the only one you can enter is the store type building, which has an unconscious shopkeeper on the floor.

@Paul: "That was the animus reactor you ********! That powered everything around here for miles! Why did you do anything remotely dangerous with that thing in sight? Now it's all in the air and spread out across the damn country!" The commander spits out, rage tinting every word.

"Oh, i suppose that you didn't had anyone to teach you that. Hmmmm"

The thot makes a thinking face as she puts her index finger and thumb on her chin, analyzing the girl in fornt of her

"How about this, starting for this day, you are 10! What do you say?"

"Oh, that is your name, i wonder who gave you that. Anyhow, that is not what i meant, you see, when you are born, it is a natural tradition for us to count how many times we have lived. I for example am 32 years old, i just based that you would be 10 years old because of your size, get it?"

The thot poorly explains what the concept of age is to Ava

"... No... i don't have multiples lives, yet. Well, how do we start this, do you know what a day is Ava?"

Oh geez, this may take a while, i always was a poor teacher, but let's see how i can handle this

"Well, you are not wrong Ava, but words can have multiple meanings. A day can mean when the sun is in the sky, but it is also a measure of time."

"A full day is the period of when the Sun is the sky plus when the moon is on the sky, a full day has 24 hours, an hour has 60 minutes, and a minute has 60 seconds"

"Are you following me or are you kinda lost?" The old woman asks the girl while looking at her

"Yes, around that, but it is better if you know how much a second is"

"Count with me, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6" The woman starts lifting her fingers as she said the vallue of the numbers, in the rythim of what a second normally is

"Did you got it? If you did, try doing the same" The woman says, strangely animated with this

"Well, at the least, power would have been lost even if he didn't drop the sphere. He was going to do something with it considering he said he was 'so close'." Nero says

"Anyway, what kind of symptoms are your men exhibiting?"

The girl is captivated by these new discoveries.

"One, two, three, four, five, six..." she repeats as she also lifts her fingers.

"Yes! That's right!" The thot says, still very animated that she is doing this, though why she didn't knew

"Now, you see that rythim? That is how much a second have. I don't know how much knowledge on math you have, but things becomes quite logical. 1 minute has 60 seconds, an hour has 60 minutes and a full day has 24 hours, got it?"

"Well, 1 year is about 365 days in length, or 366, but let's focus on 365. You were born in a specific date in a specific year" The thot says as she lightly touches the girl in the middle of her chest with her index fingers

"We have a tradition to count how many years someone lived until now, do you get it or are you still a little confused?" The thot says, worried if the girl was following her

"Yes, you probably don't know how many days have passed, it is nothing something that one keeps in mind, so i just guessed 10 because of your height, what do you say Ava?" The thot asks smilling to the child

@Phoenix and Jacky

"Oh, I wanted to give you these ... you'll need them in case of danger," said Riktor, taking four red vials out of his pouch and giving them to Corvus, Sophie and the two "companions" of the woman.

"Take a sip or pour a drop into your wounds to heal quickly"

Sophie chuckled and twirled it around in her fingers like one woukd a drumstick. "Well, getting a girl a drink is a good way to get to know them," she said with a chuckle, referring to her previous statement/threat she made to Riktor

"Oh... guess that if you were thirsty you probably are quite hungry too" The thot says as she puts her hand inside her pocket on her shirt and takes out a chocolate bar

"Here, it is chocolate. I don't know if you ever tasted one, but if you didn't, here is your chance! They are quite good so fear nothing cutie!" The woman says as she handles the chocolate bar to Ava

Ava takes the bar and takes off the wrapper. She holds it under her nose and smells t before taking a bite. She sits still for a moment before quickly consuming the rest of the bar.

"Do you have more?"

@Paul: "Well most people don't process pure Animus very well, so many of them have become sick or died due to it. You're lucky you haven't been court martialed yet, but your ignorance is something of a defense."

@Phoenix: The path that doesn't lead to a dead end is a mile long trail, disconnected from all the other paths and only reachable by a maddeningly complex series of turns.

@Adem: Most of the food you find is perishable, but some will last longer. The shop owner groggily wakes up, staring at you. He's an older man with a large grey mustache, slightly paunch figure, circular glasses, and a nice baker boy hat.

"What'reyoudoingtherebuddy?" he mutters.

"Actually, i do, but this one is a white chocolate"

Quetima says as she picks another chocolate bar and gives to Ava

"But go slow with the chocolate, and may bring some unpleasant feelings if you eat alot of it" The thot says while smilling to the girl

Back