• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

̶B̶̶D̶̶E̶̶2̶ ̶R̶̶i̶̶m̶̶u̶̶r̶̶u̶ ̶T̶̶e̶̶m̶̶p̶̶e̶̶s̶̶t̶ (Closed)

I'm aware that such thread trying to gives Rimuru this ability has been rejected before, but i have come with more arguments and feats to back it up. Let's begin the madness!

Rimuru has trascended time and space, and rules over it. Said to trascend Veldanava, who existed prior to the concepts of time and space. This was also proved as Rimuru was able to survive the destruction of the Great Spirits which governed time and space.

In short, Rimuru has shown properties of trascendence and independence of space-time itself. This fits the description of BDE (Type 2) which states;

Type 2: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features and being superior to them in nature. These characters aren't necessarily superior to spacetime on every level, but just within the scope which they are shown. Due to transcending this spacetime they are immune to Spatial Manipulation and Time Manipulation of it. They furthermore inherit any benefits of Type 1.

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
1c89bc3bdc99faffbba39b9c4eab69ce.jpg

This feels disingenuous to use. It's not referring to transcendence in a way of superiority, just explaining the abilities and capabilities. Existing prior to a concept does not put you outside/beyond sed concept.

Just like if there is no concept of light, that doesn't mean everything that existed prior to it is beyond it. It just means once the concept of light is born, everything will be affected and included under its influence even if it wasn't before.

And lastly, that final scan says that the flow of time has stopped, and space has stopped spreading, not that there is no time or space.

1c89bc3bdc99faffbba39b9c4eab69ce.jpg

This feels disingenuous to use. It's not referring to transcendence in a way of superiority,
Rimuru has trascended space-time, and therefore can use the full extent of the skill to travel from a place where the concept of time no longer exists, to a world which already destroyed from its past to its future. It was also implied by Rimuru who rules over time and space, which mean that his position is at the very least above space-time.
And lastly, that final scan says that the flow of time has stopped, and space has stopped spreading, not that there is no time or space.
Thats not my point, maybe i haven't been clear enough. Rimuru has experienced the end of the world/universe, which happened when the Great Spirit of Light erased everything including the Great Spirit of Time and Sky (which governed space).

The phrase "ruling over space-time" implies control or domination over the physical universe, but it does not necessarily suggest superiority over the nature of space-time itself. This sentence is a common metaphor used in fictional stories to convey an unbeatable or all-powerful character.

True, but it is unlikely to be the case here. Ciel stated that Rimuru rules over space-time and hence can warp back to the battlefield with Yuki. Mind you that Rimuru time traveled from a place that has no time, which is usually impossible since time travel involve moving in the linear time axis, this proved that Rimuru isn't limited by how time works and is simply above it.

Mind you that Rimuru time traveled from a place that has no time, which is usually impossible since time travel involve moving in the linear time axis, this proved that Rimuru isn't limited by how time works and is simply above it.
It's simple. It means he can survive in timeless void and get out from there.

It's simple. It means he can survive in timeless void and get out from there.
He was in a place devoid of space and time, the result of his former world which was destroyed completely. There's no timeline, no concept of time, nothing, yet he time traveled back to the past where the world still exist.

Its not the because the skill itself, because Mai had it and can't do anything near what Rimuru did. It was specifically said that it was possible because Rimuru's nature that he trascended and rules over space-time.

He was in a place devoid of space and time, the result of his former world which was destroyed completely. There's no timeline, no concept of time, nothing, yet he time traveled back to the past where the world still exist.

Its not the because the skill itself, because Mai had it and can't do anything near what Rimuru did. It was specifically said that it was possible because Rimuru's nature that he trascended and rules over space-time.
Rules over space-time can refering to domination to space-time. It's common in fiction. Usually, characters like this can create space-time continuum as they please.

Rules over space-time can refering to domination to space-time. It's common in fiction. Usually, characters like this can create space-time continuum as they please.
Yeah but again, what i said before.

Rimuru rules over space-time, and therefore can [insert my messages before]

This obviously doesn't mean figure of speech, or space-time manipulation, or anything else. It was because his superiority of space-time that he wasn't limited of how its works and simply act ignoring them.

This obviously doesn't mean figure of speech, or space-time manipulation, or anything else. It was because his superiority of space-time that he wasn't limited of how its works and simply act ignoring them.
So how you can explain it's lack of spatiotemporal features?

Even if it is not figure of speech, this is one of the most weakest statements to take it to extreme extreme to simply that he is superior to space-time as in its nature.

Being fine in spaceless and timeless void not grant you independence of that aspects. Like I said, it just meant that Rimuru can survive the void.

This only grant you Non-Physical Interaction to that void.

Why is everyone opening a BDE CRT these days?

Anyways, Disagree FRA- But I might change my mind in the future

Rimuru has superiority over Great Spirits, so I think BDE makes sense here.
Just being superior to space and time is not enough for BDE. You also need to be independent from space and time/lacking spatiotemporal features. And existing before it or having absolute control over it does not mean that.

And also may I see which scan indicates that Rimuru is suprior to them?

Because all I see, he is simply be able to exist without those great spirits, does not imply he is superior to them

Let's say that concept of gravity didn't exist until Newton create it. It doesn't mean Newton entirely independent of said concept.

No, great spirits has no correspondence to this discussion.
Talking about the concepts of time and space in a Tensura but not talking about a Great Spirit is a strange thing. Great Spirit is a concept, just like the Great Spirit of Time is a concept of time.

don't talk about 'great spirits has no correspondence to this discussion', when the OP brought up about Great Spirit.

Just being superior to space and time is not enough for BDE. You also need to be independent from space and time/lacking spatiotemporal features. And existing before it or having absolute control over it does not mean that.
he is lacking spatiotemporal with his NEP (lacking Type 2 Information and Great Spirit)

Read what op presented
1. Independence doesn't exist anywhere in any scan. Rimuru still exists within and is governed by time and space

2. Transcendence was with regards a special ability he has which allowed him to basically bypass space time barriers to reach any location he wants.

I disagree with BDE 2. it didn't even qualify for Type 1

Back