• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azur Lane Anime Revision

Jamesthetaker

He/Him
Hi there, welcome to another revision this time i'll talk about the 2019 anime adaption of Azur Lane. Now most of you aren't familiar with the verse so i will go straight to the point:

Much like every anime adaption Azur Lane encountered similar problem like contradictions to the game, and the most notable of which are the absence of the Commander aka the player. Therefore, the anime has been considered to be non-canon by many people and i'm reluctant to agree with them. Let take this for example, Zuikaku's sword mastery are uncertain in the game as they didn't explain it beside some vague dialogue, however the anime explicit shown us her skills at using sword. Of course, this doesn't mean that i'm approving everything happened in the anime, what i'm trying say that we can use the anime as secondary canon for work. We will give a note like this:

"Azur Lane mobile game are deemed to be primary canon. Other material like anime or trailer are considered secondary canon on a case by case basis. The 2019 anime give out contradictions to game in feats, personalities, and abilities due to many reasons and thus we should only approve when a scenes perfectly or similarly represents the game as canon. Similar cases will be applied to trailers and Azur Lane: Crosswave. Please note that game feat should be prioritize and anime or other material are not to be used if the game are clear enough."

Now i will make clear about the continuity of Azur Lane:

1. Azur Lane mobile game are the primary canon with its trailer are treated as secondary canon if it support or not contradict the game. For example Zuikaku sword skill is not displayed game, only some vague dialogue about her often training her skill in general, but the trailer show her sword skill visual, and not contradict with anything happen in mobile game, thus her sword skill is valid.

2. Azur Lane the Animation - which is the animated adaptation of the mobile game is a separated continuity no matter what scenario. Same with Azur Lane CrossWave as both continuity showcased entirely different storyline compare to the mobile game, thus cross-scaling between 3 continuities are invalid.

The second part will be the extremely rare case which i will comment later, now i need to prepare for my real-life duty

As for Azur Lane animation, i would recommend to strictly using feats that are similarly represents the mobile game. Zuikaku sword skills are one of them as it has been shown in the trailer as well. Otherwise, scenes not shown in the game are deemed as non-canon.

Also, i haven't played CrossWave yet so is there anything different from the mobile game?

As for Azur Lane animation, i would recommend to strictly using feats that are similarly represents the mobile game. Zuikaku sword skills are one of them as it has been shown in the trailer as well. Otherwise, scenes not shown in the game are deemed as non-canon.

Also, i haven't played CrossWave yet so is there anything different from the mobile game?
1. No, even if there is similarity, each continuity will just strictly scale to themselve, not each other. For example Zui sword skill in anime is way different compare to her skill showed in game trailer, and game trailer is deemed as secondary canon, thus contradict each other. Zui in anime can create fire to cover her sword which nothing in the game or game trailer suggest.

2. While the core of the game still the same with Shipgirl, Azur Lane, Siren,.....the story is entirely different (even anime adapt some element from game like Amagi death, and attack of Sakura Empire on Eagle Union), in Crosswave there is no "AL version of WW2", all faction gather in one base and perform all kind of exercise battle like Olympic, and they don't even know Siren and Wisdom cube until later on in the story, that is the overall story i known, i also only play the game on "youtube"

Which is exactly what i'm saying, we're scaling what's being constantly shown through media. Zuikaku creating fire are definitely non-canon but her sword skills are the same.

Last edited:
well no need to bump this fast, i will come back later for some rare case regarding feat. You can focus on making some nice profile in meantime though ^^

Back