• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In GotG1 it was established that if you weren't physically durable enough a stone would just kill you. Which is why a lot of people probably put them into a proxy object (the Tesseract, Spear, Ronan's hammer, etc). You can see it in IW whenever Thanos adds a stone on screen, he gets subjected to a lot of pain and you can even see his veins glow.

Didn't notice the blue.

A bit off topic but in the futures where Strange used the time stone I'd guess that the Reality Stone or the Reality Stone in conjunction with the Space/Soul Stone over came the effects of a time loop. Since presumably Thanos must've had a way to break free of its effects.

Could just be baseless speculations though.

Yeah, I also think that Strange not using the TIme Stone against Thanos is not a case or pis/cis, seeing how much he shows to willing use the gem, it could the fact the the other stones could give Thanos some counter against the Time Stone, or that the Bargain Technique would not be usefull.

The reason why Strange didn't use the Time Stone is either because

a) He saw him doing it in the millions of alternate futures and saw it wouldn't work.

b) He did use it, but in a very subtle way that won't be revealed until the next film.

After all, we only have Thanos' arrogance assurance that Dr. Strange never used it in any way.

Yeah I was talking about situation A. I imagine at least one of those possible futures Strange attempted to use the Time Stone.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I'm 99% sure that the only future Strange saw where the Avengers did win was one where Thanos got all six stones and wiped out half the universe.
This. Except I'm 100% sure.

Same, I'm also want to believe that the fight in Titan was against a fake Thanos made by the Reality Stone, just to justify the stupidly avoidable actions of Quill.

Yeah. If Strange didn't have to give up the timestone to win he wouldn't have.

Eficiente said:
Same, I'm also want to believe that the fight in Titan was against a fake Thanos made by the Reality Stone, just to justify the stupidly avoidable actions of Quill.
the thanos in entire titan scene is real. there was no fake thanos in the titan. only when he was in "knowwhere" where he presumabily kills collector and kidnaps gamora.

• also hulkbuster 2.0 durability in mcu hulk profile explanation should be changed. hulkbuster 2.0 is definitely not more durable than bleeding edge iron man.
  • mcu thanos categories must be modified:
    • antagonist -> protagonist. kevin feige stated that he is the main character in the film. the end credits shows "thanos will return"
    • anti-villain? i don't get this.

Matthew Schroeder said:
He is both the antagonist and a "protagonist". And he's an Anti-Villain because he has good intentions.
That is litiraly impossible. Antagonist is someone who is in the way of the protagonist. Villain at most.

Anti-hero is debatable. Him believing its the right thing to, do doesnt help much, most proper villains believe that they are doing good

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Wait so the Avengers are antagonists now?

Anti-villain and villain are fine.
Antagonist just means a character that opposes the protagonist, who is the main character of the story. Given that Thanos is the perspective character for most the film, goes through somewhat of an arc, and kind of goes through the traditional hero's journey, I'd say yes. The Avengers are antagonists in Infinity War.

This thread is also getting derailed over trivial matters. Let's address the elephant in the room and focus on the points in the OP.

As mentioned earlier, I think we should remove the 5A mention from Iron Ma 's profile, downgrade Strange to High 6-B , and change Thanos and Ronan's second key to "varies up to 5A". Gamora's statement about the power surge and the power stones varied AP feats confirms this to me.

Also as a minor thing maybe upgrade Strange's lifting strength to Class T for restraining Thanos.

Strange was able to restrain Thanos with his Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. He can duplicate himself to to a point Thanos has to use the Power Stone and the Soul Stone together. We should put Strange at "At least High 6-B, likely higher (fought evenly with Thanos and restrained him with his Crimson Bands of Cyttorak). Higher with the Images of Ikon (duplicated himself and restrained Thanos, forcing him to use a combination of the Power Stone and Soul Stone)"

Well this revision needs to be finished quickly. First of all there is no proof that every blast from the PS are same power level and stone has actually shown varying power levels(maybe depends upon how strong the wielder wants it be) oso what i suggest is remove IM's 5A key and add higher with shields

Hey, sorry to interrupt the conversation. I just finish rendering the image of Thor right here:

Stormbreaker Thor Transparent

Hope it could be useful to you guys.

I think it was just added then.

I agree with Qaw and Revan about the Strange being High 6-B with some powers, and 5-A with others. Not sure on the Power Stone though.

The render above is good and well done, however the one posted by Gemmy is more clean and better to see, so i added that.

I'm still pretty positive Strange did not display any 5-A feats with his magic.

The only plausible one is him stopping Thanos' energy beam with the Mirror Dimension but I do think that is a hax feat, not an AP feat.

He simply teleported the beam away instead of blocking/overpowering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back