• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Man's mark 6 also matched Thor. Why is that not considered?

Because it's an outlier, (not fully certain on that myself, but) just like many other feats in the MCU, including Tony surviving the PS without his shield.

Cropfist said:
Because it's an outlier, (not fully certain on that myself, but) just like many other feats in the MCU, including Tony surviving the PS without his shield.
Thread.

Cropfist said:

would be beter if: mark 6 stunned loki to his knees which is 7-c (based on asgard ship explosion). mark 45 should be 7-a for contributing to damaging ultron's vibranium body in which the metal tanked the 7-a explosion of sokovia.

Actually, Iron Man make a heat-seal by overloading the vibranium core reactor that make the city flight, could that feat be calced?

my proposed new keys for mr. genius, billionaire, playboy philantropist:

mark 1 | mark 2-5 | mark 6-43 | mark 44 (hulkbuster) & 45 | mark 48 (bleeding egg armor)

ap and dura: building level | building level+ | large town level | mountain level | large country level

We do not know how much Iron Man contributed. Two 7-As were also blasting Ultron, and I'm pretty sure it's mainly Thor busting Sokovia. I am also ok but uncertain about Iron Man scaling to Loki.

Regarding the Power Stone thing, I do think every time Thanos uses it the output is not necessarily the same, however not because of target size, rather due to how much of the Stone's power Thanos was using. Captain America, Star-Lord etc got blasted and they are definitely not 5-A.

I'm neutral about Iron Man's shield being 5-A or not, and I have no problem if you upgrade the high tiers to 5-A if you think it's not that outlandish. What should be debated is how much power Thanos was using, not whether the Stone itself varies.

The size thing is just a random quote by Gamora. It can have various interpretations and there are no showcases of this and the guidebook doesn't mention it, as Matthew said.

How can it have various interpretations? It's pretty straightforward. The guidebook not mentioning it also doesn't contradict Gamora's statement. All it says is that Celestials used it in the past to destroy worlds.

> there are no showcases of this

Besides the fact the power stone has massive AP differences at times.

How do you know it doesn't mean that it has a larger surge when being in contact with the Stone?

The massive AP difference is likely due to how much effort Thanos was putting into the attack. He obviously wasn't trying as hard against Captain America/Bucky/Okoye/Star-Lord/Drax/Mantis than Iron Man/Strange

> How do you know it doesn't mean that it has a larger surge when being in contact with the Stone?

What? She says the bigger the target the bigger the power surge. Power surge means a sudden large influx of energy. Iron Man would be hit with a lower surge than any planet or moon

> Thanos was putting into the attack.

This is an even worse metric than scaling with size since it's utterly arbitrary. Thanos could've looked more angry when blasting the GotG than he was harming Thor and punching Iron Man.

> He obviously wasn't trying as hard against

All this supports is a High 6-B rating for them. The power stone is unscable. Either due to varing sizes or due to an arbitrary threshold of effort Thanos puts in.

I mean it could mean that there will be a bigger power surge when a person touches the Stone, like that servant of the Collector.

It's a bit arbitrary yes but when he hit the GotG it is some sort of sleep manip or whatever as Eficiente explained, not an attack.

I think the Sleep Manipulation is just something that's assumed, not proven from the actual film.

> I mean it could mean that there will be a bigger power surge when a person touches the Stone, like that servant of the Collector.

Compare that surge to the one used in the flashback, the one used on the moon, or the one used on the Asgardian ship. The bigger the target the bigger the reaction.

As for sleep manipulation what damage said. The power stone of all things having sleep manipulation would also be strange. The varying power aspects, either due to size or will, makes scaling the thing impossible. Iron Man and Strange have High 6-B scaling through Thanos, which should be fine.

It's the power stone. Never was it said that it only gives out power and not take it away. It did halt someone's run, dropping them to the ground, and shut down Falcon's jetpack.

Gemmysaur said:
It's the power stone. Never was it said that it only gives out power and not take it away. It did halt someone's run, dropping them to the ground, and shut down Falcon's jetpack.
^^^^^^^^^

The 3 scenarios are different destructions caused, not necessarily attack potency. The smaller the target, the destruction is obviously smaller.

Newendigo said:
I don't agree with that, it would have to make the characters comparable to the I-Stones, which make no-sense.
It's not nonsense, we have several examples of this in the movie. I covered it myself in my Revision Thread for IW when it first came out. It's the only way the plot makes sense.

How exactly does the plot make no sense if characters are not equal to the Infinity Stones?

The only reason any of them could have stood a chance is if Thanos was toying with them, which he pretty clearly was.

If we accepted that every blast from the stone is 5A then we would have 5A Thor,Thanos,IM,Hulk,Maw,Hulkbuster,Cull Obsidian,Strange,Hela, Valkyrie(fought and stabed Hela),Surtr and Odin

@Matt when you said Thanos blasted IM with 5A blast. Thanos did blast Iron Man twice. If he wasn't holding back then IM's body armor also scales

Yes, when he shoots an energy blast at Iron Man and the later's forced to construct a large shield out of his suit to block. It doesn't scale to Iron Man's regular durability or AP.

... Isn't the shield made out of the same material as the rest of his suit? Why wouldn't it scale to his regular durabilit?

Damage3245 said:
... Isn't the shield made out of the same material as the rest of his suit? Why wouldn't it scale to his regular durabilit?
Far greater size and density than his ordinary suit.

Well, the shield offers a large surface area to deflect attacks? I don't know. It's odd.

His torso tanked the power stone beam, but it hurt him bad.

The shield he created was enough to hold off the beam so that he can get out of the way.

It's the same material, but there's more material to go through, much like how a bullet can penetrate metals only up to a certain thickness, after which, it just leaves a dent.

Yes, however, the difference can only be so big, especialy with the relativly small amount of difference thickness.

I never mentioned thousands of times anywhere. I said that the beam has much more material to go through, which, given that he can take a shot to the torso (Which has how thick armor again? An inch or three?) and still keep going, means that this one, that he held the beam off of him with, allowed him to escape said beam unscathe.

I only answered why the shield would be at all relevant in the battle.

Was that him that slowed time or the Ancient One who called him there? Idk.

He's not normally that fast, especially when Christine reacts in real time whenever he bumps into something.

I don't think the Ancient One slowed time. When Ancient One died, Strange left his physical form and you can see the things happening around him have almost stopped.

Stop with the thiccness now.

I'm neutral towards the shield being 5-A, but I'm leaning that it should not have such as high durability when is made of the same material, thick or not, doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back