• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this has been explained multiple times. Their movements were slowed down, they were briefly stopped in mid-air, and started falling at normal speed.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I believe this has been explained multiple times. Their movements were slowed down, they were briefly stopped in mid-air, and started falling at normal speed.
That is just a dramatic effect, plus the fact that they were fighting in a planet with a loosed gravity force means that gravity is going to act weird anyway.

Seriously, you are overthinking.

So I've been thinking about this for a while, but the only time I remember anyone calling Thanos the strongest being in the universe was early in the film by Banner. Banner explicitly states it's because he has the power and space stones that he's the strongest. Even then Hela, Surtur, and Odin are all presumebly dead by this point, and I don't think Banner ever saw them in action anyways so there's no reason Thanos would scale to them.

Don't think this thread is ever gonna finish.

@Qawsedf Do you know what the exact quote was then? Because if Banner's statement is any indication they were probably just talking about him with the infinity gauntlet.

@AKM Sama this thread will outlive the universe itself.

The the creators also called him the strongest. I think it was in the part where they talk about the infinity gaunlet, and how only thanos could use it, and even he could barely do so.

Wasn't Korath the one who said "Thanos is the strongest in the universe" in GoTG and this is the guy who has been with likes of Captain Marvel

just worth noting, the powerstone actually damaged shield-less iron man. since he is seen later recovering his arm when before it was still fixed.

Yes, it would be better to bring all the stuff discussed here alongside the Iron Man, Loki and Thanos stuff to an another revision thread.

Doesn't the bifrost accelerate everything within it to FTL speeds? If it does then I'd argue that it's less of an outlier and more of the feats being incredibly circumstantial, they still don't apply but at least they can be explained.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
@Davidsteel1 The knife would still never reach Loki if Hela didn't have greater throwing speed than the Bifrost.
No, that's relative velocity. If you throw a ball in a flying aeroplane, that doesn't mean you have greater throwing speed than the aeroplane.

Anyway, I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back