• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avengers: Infinity War Official Revision Thread (Spoilers)

"You should have aimed for the head"

"I did. Just not that one."

Where's the beer in that picture that got smashed after Thanos snapped?

Wasn't it just an assumption on our part that he's the strongest? Mainly because vibranium and forehead stone?

Really? I saw it as him being buddy-buddy with Thor, and being instrumental in dealing with Ultron because of their combined firepower, and the fact that he can shut Ultron out of the net.

Beyond that, the biggest guns they had to rely on was Thor.

Matthew Schroeder said:
They are not 7-B but I genuinely don't know what to do with the Iron Spider.
Well, if it is at least comparable to Mark 1, then 8-C. But, you know, it is probably far stronger, as Stark created Mark 1 with trash.

Oh no, i know that, i was wondering about this "Cull Obsidian gave serious trouble to Hulkbuster Banner, and even ripped off his arm. This obviously scales to base Thanos."

Gemmysaur said:
Re: Neutron star feat
The neutron star in question was considered dead for reasons, it's cold af (how though? How old is that star? Or did someone sneeze planets away and blew the flame out?). They reignited it though soooo.... I assume they managed to bring it back to the rate where neutron stars cool down really, really, really slow. Like, 1 quadrillion years from birth to death slow. (Neutron stars are billions of kelvin hot at birth but takes only a few years of rampant cooling to go down to 1 million k, where it starts slowing down)

That said, average neutrons stars would go from a few thousand k to a million. Observable neutron stars are on average 600 thousand k. I think that's reasonable given Odin used it and he's minimum 5000 years old.

That said...

Ridiculous low end: 3700-3800k (one of the coldest and oldest neutron stars, 12 billion years old)

Low end: 600,000k (average temp)

Mid end: 1,000,000k (temp after a few years of rapid cooling where it starts to slow its cooling pace)

Can someone plug this in a calc?
I gave you a solid.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Numbersguy/The_Chad_Thor_(Attempt_by_Numbersguy)

QuagsireTheLegend said:
Oh no, i know that, i was wondering about this "Cull Obsidian gave serious trouble to Hulkbuster Banner, and even ripped off his arm. This obviously scales to base Thanos."
It means that Base Thanos should be able to do the same.

The blue flashes appear into whatever Thanos focuses the Stone's power. They made all the way down to the planet, as shown onscreen.

Space Stone can manipulate space to accelerate and/ or completely halt movement of stuff. Didn't he use it to stop Loki's attempted stab? By halting his arm in place?

Also Thanos heavily understimated Thor (he was surprised that the blast didn't manage to destroy Stormbreaker) so I don't think that Thor/Stormbreaker scales to the full power of the Infinity Gauntlet. Thanos was literally toying with everyone previous to that scene. Then again, Thor was one of the only two he activated the gauntlet against.

His blast with the 6 Stones is obviously >>>>>>>> Power of just the Orb or the Aether. And there's multiple examples of other heroes also doing stuff that scale to the output of the Stones.

I found the quote on the existence erasure thing: "With all 6 stones i could simply snap my fingers, they would all cease to exist. I call that mercy". It's possible with his choice or wording here that they'd just die, rather than literally be erased.

His portals look nothing like that, they look like blue cgi water surrounding black spaces.

I watched the scene again, that blue flash wasn't a portal, it was some blue energy surrounding the moon after Thanos detonated it. It looked like lightning at first, and then came down with the meteors when Thanos pulled all of them in together.

Screenshot (140)
Screenshot (141)

In guardians of Galaxy 1 was shown a planet being destroyed with the gem of power, 6 gems would be 6x powerfull?

Matthew Schroeder said:
They really weren't. Thanos was wielding the Space Stone to warp and hurl them at high speeds, not teleport. You can outright see that they are shot from the moon to the planet.
Plus teleporting the rocks makes no sense. It was obvious he wanted to use the meteors for their KE, teleporting them closer completely negates the purpose of destroying the moon since it lowers the KE. If he wanted to use them as hazards, he could have just as easily used the rocks in the surrounding area.

The Aether is Reality Warping but it can destroy Nine Realms, of which at least some of which are planet-sized, when given enough range during the Convergence.

It is impossible to quantify how much more powerful Thanos is with multiple Stones, other than the fact that they multiply each other's powers and add up exponentially.

So the most you can do is do an "At least 5-A", given multiple calcs placing him at that level.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Thanos' Finger Snap is just death hax + disintegration. There is no proof is kills souls.
I haven't read the thread below this post yet, but I'd like to point out that existence erasure does NOT require killing souls. If you think it should be that, create a revision thread for the ability. As it stands now, existence erasure is beyond vaporization/atomization, it's reducing something to nothingness. To me it looks like their bodies were slowly being reduced to nothingness, with the ashes being the last remnants before they too would fade to nothing.

If it was simple disintegration, we'd expect there to be more ashes left behind, and for those ashes to be persistent.

To erase an existence you absolutely need to destroy the soul / spirit / incorporeal consciousness / whatever you call it.

Just destroying the physical body completely is simply complete physical destruction, leaving not even sub-atomic particles left.

And we don't even have proof he did that.

Matthew Schroeder said:
To erase an existence you absolutely need to destroy the soul / spirit / incorporeal consciousness / whatever you call it.

Just destroying the physical body completely is simply complete physical destruction, leaving not even sub-atomic particles left.

And we don't even have proof he did that.
Existence Erasure.

"Existence Erasure is the power to remove something from existence, reducing it to nothingness. This is a step beyond vaporization or atomization, as this ability makes something vanish completely as opposed to just splitting it into smaller parts. "

"This can range from only turning the matter of the target to nothing to also turning things like its energy, mind, soul, space, time, concept or even more fundamental aspects of its existence to nothing."

Like I said, the current page doesn't require spirit/soul/incorporeal destruction, even though existence erasure CAN be that. If you want existence erasure to be defined differently, make a CRT for it. But until then, Thanos has existence erasure.

They did mention that Wanda could only destroy the Gem because her powers were similar to it. Seems more like a weakness for the Gem than a feat for her.

I fail to see how that implies that Wanda's power is of orders of magnitude lower than the Stone's, but just happens to have a special property that bypasses its durability.

Didn't the film mention needing to have powers in a frequency that resonates with the stone to destroy it? I would imagine it being like shattering glass with your voice, just for a second at the right frequency won't be enough, but the energy builds up over time until it shatters.

However, I believe that Wanda destroys the Gem quickly later in the movie, so her power likely wouldn't be more than an order of magnitude below the Gem's.

Back