• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the statement?

Ya'll need Jesus.

Actually on topic, I had an absolute blast with the movie, and ended up seeing it several times in the opening week. I didn't even notice stuff like Howard the Duck until my second viewing.

Also, from a tiering perspective, nice scaling for multiple characters and confirmation of universal IG from Thanos, so...that's neat.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I don't think it affects the statement. The Avengers went back in time to take the Stone, waaaay before Thanos did.
"Cap and Red Skull met when returning the Soul stone. What happened?

The latter will take the stone back and prepare for the next time someone wants it. No conflict though because Skull is but a ghost now, one that protects the stone. Past grudges no longer exist."

The line saying that he protects the stone makes it seem that Red Skull is permanently stuck to protect the stone entirely, which would contradict the statement that says he can leave after the stone is taken.

Araki forgot so hard it affected other franchises.

Nice.

Gemmysaur said:
Captain Marvel got power from an engine and suddenly she's the strongest. That's a big problem I see as well. At least Wanda had hints of her power being tied to her mentality.
I agree with most things beng said about her bland personality but didn't she get her powers from the Tessaract which was the engine? So wouldn't make since she's close to Thanos level in some way?

The thing is tho we know of several others empowered by the Stones (Malekith, Kurse, VIsion, Wanda) who arent as strong as Marvel

"Cap and Red Skull met when returning the Soul stone. What happened?

The latter will take the stone back and prepare for the next time someone wants it. No conflict though because Skull is but a ghost now, one that protects the stone. Past grudges no longer exist."

The line saying that he protects the stone makes it seem that Red Skull is permanently stuck to protect the stone entirely, which would contradict the statement that says he can leave after the stone is taken.

Not necessarily though, cap is returning the stone to the exact moment that Clint took it, the skull probably hasn't even had the opportunity to even consider leaving.

@Hellbeast1

Malekith, Kurse, and Vision I get, but Wanda is crazy strong. She was able to destroy an infinity stone. She straight up almost murdered Thanos after being brought back to life. He ordered his ship to bomb the battlefield at the cost of his own troops as a last ditch effort to save himself. That's even more than Carol managed to pull off, and Wanda's feat came earlier in the fight before Thanos had lost his crazy sword capable of contending with Stormbreaker and shattering Cap's shield.

Granted, her defenses when her powers aren't active don't seem as great, but she's a powerhouse.

Except she's treated as nowhere near Carol, Carol survived a continuous bombardment and then one shot Thanos ship as well as no sell a hit from the Titan himself and forced him to damage himself with the Power Stone (That's not to say Wanda's not strong because she is)

Wanda is still stronger in terms of AP. She's just physically weaker.

Captain Marvel was pretty much comparable to Thanos. Wanda completely destroyed him.

Carol did not get an upper hand on the purple guy. She merely smashed through walls of some spaceships the style in her own movie. Which is "flip a missile" tier or beat some Leviathan tier.

Cap Am and arguably Thor had a good fight with the purple guy. Wanda almost killed the purple guy. Iron Man killed the purple guy with himself. These should scale to Thanos.

Carol dominated Thanos pretty blatantly. Wanda did too. Both are comparable in terms of AP.

Doctor Strange is also crazy strong with his magic. Dude was taking on Thanos (with Power, Space and Reality Stones) without even taking help fom his Time Stone.

Hmm. Reviewing the Thanos vs Captain Marvel fight:

Carol gave good punches, but none notable. Thanos missed his.

Carol tried to grab the gauntlet instead. Got thrown away.

Thanos put on the gauntlet, Carol pulled his hand down and held it open with two hands. Thanos did not use his second hand.

Carol flew up and pushed down on Thanos with one hand while cocking the other back for a punch. Thanos is on his knee now, but has still not used his other hand.

Thanos punched her with the Power stone.

I don't see where it was that she was dominating him. Like, at all. Then there's the part where Infinity War Thanos was sitting down, and then raised his glove to completely deadstop Carol's photon beam, until she barreled into him.

Thor's lightning floored Thanos, supported by Cap, with the power of Thor, flooring Thanos as well.

Hmm.

She got a few good hits on him which made him stagger, while his only hit, the headbutt, did nothing to her (one of his punches was also blocked very easily). That's called dominating.

Putting Thanos on his knees while winning the arm struggle, that's called dominating (Also notice how she quickly turned tides from a position of disadvantage to a position of advantage).

Thanos making a face like we only saw him make against Wanda (that of intense pain and struggle) while Carol having a plain and composed face with no signs of utter struggle. That's called dominating.

Thanos knowing he couldn't win on his own and using the power stone, that's called dominating.

Also using their own weight and momentum to throw them away isn't an AP feat at all.

Above Carol. Thanos was literally writhing in pain against Wanda.

I found Marvel's performance against Thanos kind of inconsistent.

At the start of her fight, she punched and staggered Thanos multiple times, then Thanos found his ground and grabbed her and threw her to the ground.

At this point they seemed somewhat even. Going back and forth

But then all of the sudden, Marvel flys back and grabs Thanos's hand to stop him from using the gauntlet and manages to keep it open, and then she tanks Thanos headbutting her. Leading Thanos to need to use the Power-Stone to one-shot her.

Making it seem like she's way above him.

Like I said, grabbing her and throwing her away using her own momentum isn't a justification for anything AP related. At the start of the fight, like you said, she punched and staggered him multiple times, and even dodged all of his punches and blocked one pretty easily.

It could be that later she pounced on Thanos with even more strength because that was the do or die moment.

It's just like Scarlet Witch vs Thanos where first they were shown to be pretty equal. Wanda's multiple blasts failed to do anything noteworthy to Thanos and she barely blocked his blade. And then her single blast pushed him back and she proceeded to own him after that.

AKM sama said:
Like I said, grabbing her and throwing her away using her own momentum isn't a justification for anything AP related. At the start of the fight, like you said, she punched and staggered him multiple times, and even dodged all of his punches and blocked one pretty easily.
It could be that later she pounced on Thanos with even more strength because that was the do or die moment.

It's just like Scarlet Witch vs Thanos where first they were shown to be pretty equal. Wanda's multiple blasts failed to do anything noteworthy to Thanos and she barely blocked his blade. And then her single blast pushed him back and she proceeded to own him after that.
I saw the movie a few days ago so my memory might not be the best, but I remember it feeling like the momentum of the fight shifted toward Thanos's side as if he was now the one on top of that fight.

Also, I am pretty sure Wanda's rage is what allowed to completely overpower Thanos, and that the farther she was pushed, the greater her rage, and the stronger she became. Like, I am pretty sure I remember her eyes glowing more intensely red.

Actually, now that I am thinking about it, R.I.P. Vision. He got so shafted as a member of the Avengers that died.

Marvel was pretty clearly absorbing energy from the gauntlet to get a boost when she was overpowering Base Thanos.

Which is pretty hilarious as even then she gets juked by a power stone blast.

@Js Where did you get it from?

@Warren The momentum never shifted. Carol always had the upper hand from the start. And Wanda's eyes were glowing the same from the start too. I also didn't like how they didn't mention Vision even once.

And no Dargoo, she wasn't absorbing any energy. That was her aura flaring up.

AKM sama said:
And no Dargoo, she wasn't absorbing any energy. That was her aura flaring up.
I remember there being VFX of glowing energy going from the Gauntlet to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back