• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Nat's hair in the Endgame trailer clearly hinted that there was gonna be a time leap though.

Maybe also because, as said above, trailers are often "illusions" if i may say that. remember the Mandarin. And in any case, maybe it will surprise me but honestly, it's just absolutely obvious Mysterio will be a villain.

Pretty sure Cap created an alternate reality while travelling back to the past, but all alternate pasts lead back to one future.

I didn't really like Professor Hulk though. The duality between Hulk and Banner was one of the aspects that made Hulk a fan favourite.

If Captain America created an alternate future, then came back when Peggy died, why didn't he appear in the time machine. And if this was an alternate future, did Cap just let Bucky be brainwashed and tortured here?

Just because they poked fun at the Hulk not smashing doesn't mean it's a good thing. And Hawkeye both reacted less dramatically to his loss than Thor, and also Ronan did not factor into the plot at all.

Nah, that's a Cap from another timeline.

One where the Avengers let Loki escape with the space stone.

@Arda

Because they don't need the time machine to reappear or travel anywhere, as shown when Tony and Steve went back to 1970 without it, they just needed coordinates of where and when.

Also, we don't know what Cap's alternate future looks like. He could have freed Bucky from H.Y.D.R.A, or he could have known to not mess with the timeline and did nothing of major consequence during his new life and let the future come into itself as it was supposed to

Cap also had the pym particles so he could return anytime he wanted.

Hey, doesn't Captain America qualify for type 1 Acausality? He fought himself in the past and there wasn't a paradox. I assume that's how it works.

No, not in multiversal theory of time travel.

From what we can tell, at least one timeline created during the movie still exists outside of it and hasn't been erased : the one where Loki escapes (it has been confirmed that this timelien exists).

Also, we should all agree to say that it's a good thing there is no timeline where the Time Stone isn't there when Dormammu comes for Earth lol.

Aside from Loki's, there is also the timeline Cap created. And there's also a timeline which got created in 2014 when Thanos and his army left their timeline.

Yeah i forgot.

But in that case, the new 2014 timeline could be the one where the Vision and Wanda future series would happen. After all, since Thanos disappeard, Vision is still alive and everything else (meaning everything not involving Thanos) would have happened.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Pretty sure Cap created an alternate reality while travelling back to the past, but all alternate pasts lead back to one future.

I didn't really like Professor Hulk though. The duality between Hulk and Banner was one of the aspects that made Hulk a fan favourite.
Agreed. Especially after Black Widow's death, was it too much for the Russos to give Hulk fans one last Hulk Smash to Thanos' face? It was the perfect opportunity. I feel Nat's death is wasted. Clint should have been the one to die then, for both his family and friends. Then comes his daughters' disney + show.

@Heatforce The main focus of the Hawkeye series, which I think the Disney+ show is based on, was the tutor-mentor relationship between Clint and Kate. Killing off Hawkeye would've severely ****** up that dynamic.

I think that Professor Hulk might've been on Mark Ruffalo's request. I remember him usually complaining in interviews how his character doesn't get to do anything except yell and grunt, and how he wanted to change that in the future.

I mean the Russos are very good at making fan favourite characters. If the character is liked, they continue it. If a character is not really popular, they make some changes to the character.

For example Iron Man's technology and personality made him an instant fan favourite, so they continued that. On the other hand, Cap was kinda boring in The First Avenger and Avengers so they made him more powerful and gave him so personal conflicts in Winter Soldier and Civil War. Same goes to Thor.

Hulk was loved by fans for smashing and that Jeckyll-Hyde duality. Professor Hulk really ****** it up.

InfiniteSped said:
That's why he's dead. Speedesters are broken.
DC has multiple speedsters. DCEU films are much less commercially successful than MCU films. Does that count?

You can make any powers work for a convincing story when the characters and writing is good

That said...

I mean, after Shazam I think the DCEU will at least try to put out movies as good from time to time. Flash's personality in special would fit perfectly with the way Shazam was made.

Dziga said:
I mean, after Shazam I think the DCEU will at least try to put out movies as good from time to time. Flash's personality in special would fit perfectly with the way Shazam was made.
Shazam, Flash, Green Arrow - wait we have the Arrowverse. That is actually okay.

Let's hope they can redeem the other heroes, like the MCU did with Thor and Captain America. I really loved Shazam, so I'll give them the chance.

I that people said about Thanos can't be 5-A , but three of the infinity stones have planet level quotes and feats. Thanos is the only being in the universe that can whistand the stones power together by durability alone.

I don't get why he can't be 5-A, even in base form.

The power stone doesn't necessarily create a backlash equal to it's max power

Otherwise Rocket would also be 5-A and that would just create a scaling vortex of death

It's like people think the Infinity Gauntlet was created so Thanos would look cool when showing his fist and not specifically made to handle the power of the stones (or at least not instantly decimate Thanos).

Dziga said:
No, watch the scene where the Dwarf guy appears in infinity war.

Yes, a gauntlet was made for manipulate the comined power of all gems. It don't protect the user from damage ( even Hulk with gamma energy almost died).

by that logic Thanos would die pretty easily, he took visible damage when using the Power Stone bare handed, imagine all 6 stones combined. 5-A Base Thanos is not happening.

"Manipulate the combined power of the stone". Headcanon, never mentioned or explained like that by anyone that only the gauntlet can use multiple stones, again, watch the scene when Thor meets the Dwarf guy.

Dziga said:
"Manipulate the combined power of the stone". Headcanon, never mentioned or explained like that by anyone that only the gauntlet can use multiple stones, again, watch the scene when Thor meets the Dwarf guy.
The gauntlet is the only weapon that can manipulae the gems like Thanos want and Thanos was taking damage (considerable) from all gems and figthing captain marvel while he punched her.

Not even celestials beings like Quill (1/2 celestial) can handle the infinity stones for so much time.

Then it just says Thanos is taking damage evey time he uses the the Infinity Stones at a 5-A scale or higher.

We have a bunch of characters that hurt themselves every time they launch their Super attacks.

Dziga said:
watch the scene when Thor meets the Dwarf guy.
You mean when Thor Odinson meets Tyrion Lannister ovo

I have a question. In the movie Rocket says that Thanos' first snap sent a wave of power/energy never before seen all across the universe with earth at ground zero. Then Banner says that the energy that the stones give off is mostly made up of gamma. I realise that erasing half of all sentient life is largely a hax feat but is it possible to calculate the amount of energy that Rocket notes the first snap released? Especially since it works under the assumption that it reached every part of the observable universe? I'm not a math or science guy but I was just curious.

I'm curious about it to. It would help to put Thanos at a definitive tier rather than "At least 5-A, likely far higher".

Do you guys think because the stones were used thrice in the same universe, it will cause a backlash? Like awakening some powerful villain who was dormant this whole time, or cause mutations due to gamma radiations and maybe bring the X-men into the fray?

@AKM about the stones causing a backlash; that isn't outside the realm of possibility.

As for the mutants coming about from the snap bathing the planet in gamma, also a possibility though admittedly one I'm not 100% sold on.

Back