• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Auswahlen and Light of Lille

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
You're the only one that claims it isn't legitmate, the diamonds on the paddle are metallic.
If there was a crowd of 30 people and everyone was leaping off a building but one would you go with the other 29?
It depends on the logic of why they are jumping off.

If the building is on fire and there is no escape, and my two choices are either to die by being burned alive or die by jumping off the building - then I'd jump off as it is the least painful option.

Matthew Schroeder said:
If there was a crowd of 30 people and everyone was leaping off a building but one would you go with the other 29?
Okay but why are they jumping off? people jumped out of the world trade center and it didn't mean much if you decided to stay or jumped.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You people are being facetious, my point is that number of people isn't a valid argument.
The point of our argument is that, generally, when many people agree on a topic, the logic for that topic is sound.

This isn't always the case, but it still works most of the time.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The point is that all you're doing is committing an Ad Populum Fallacy. Nothing of value is brought.
I personally never said that everyone else agrees with one perspective and thus you, who look at it from a different perspective, are wrong and we are right - Sigurd is the one who said anything like that.

I just answered your analogy honestly.

Edit: Anyway, I got to go - bye.

Now it's ad populum, thankfully this wiki isn't built around satisfying only you. everything you've stated so far has been reaching honestly and has been pretty much responded too. If anyone is bringing nothing of value it would be you honestly.

Now it's ad populum, thankfully this wiki isn't built around satisfying only you. everything you've stated so far has been reaching honestly and has been pretty much responded too. If anyone is bringing nothing of value it would be you honestly.
Sigurd, don't be so assertive - it comes off as rude and it weakens your argument.

And this is coming from someone who mostly agrees with you.

Lighten up and take a breather.

I completely disagree, Sigurd, nobody has succesfully addressed the curved light and the Lile feat which isn't truthful either.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, this isn't a straight line, all the beams are curving.
And this isn't true light Reflection. The person is simply blocking the attack, doesn't mean that the light is literal. You would need to show mirror reflection to prove your point.

Both points are objectively untrue rendering the OP with far less arguments.

I would appreciate if people could stop insulting Matthew for disagreeing with you. That is only going to deteriorate the situation.

I've already addressed the light curving and everyone seems to agree with me. I think it's dishonest to say that your points for the Auswahlen haven't been addressed.

Okay, but I have answered back at your points every time. People just going. "Yeah, makes sense" isn't an argument. Specially when any bloke can post a thread on a private Discord / Hangouts / Facebook group and go "Comment here my bois."

You actually haven't addressed my counter arguments. All you've done is claim that people agreeing to my points is a Popularity Fallacy, while arguing over one scan that's incredibly inconsistent compared to the other scans showing it traveling straight. And no, you can't compare this to the "Lol Kubo is a inconsistent artist." since this is very different than the Seireitei arguments. Those come from art vs statements, this comes from the various pieces of evidence of it being light and how the only scam that shows the light bending is incredibly inconsistent compared to the other ones. Also let's not dive into accusations like that, especially whenever you can't prove such things. You can blame people agreeing to an argument on people telling users to agree to them over Discord and other social platforms.

So everyone here is in some discord/hangout/facebook party and were just some huge FRA circle? o_O
A bunch of this thread is people coming to comment "I agree" once and then leave. Such participation should not be considered valid in my view.

We have this discussion, like every 2 weeks, and it keeps getting denied again and again and it's getting tiring repeating the same points.

This Lille and Auswahlen stuff should become a discussion rule at this point considering how many times it's been brought up and denied.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Okay, but I have answered back at your points every time. People just going. "Yeah, makes sense" isn't an argument. Specially when any bloke can post a thread on a private Discord / Hangouts / Facebook group and go "Comment here my bois."
I responded to your comments. Here.

You responded here saying that using an outlier is a false equivalency because art can't be considered inconsistent because to do so is considered headcanon.

I responded saying that is wrong, and then I gave an example of art being inconsistent through different panels here - in which you have never responded.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Matthew, it's not because you do what others will do as well. Most of the people who commented here I do not even know. So much so that there are people who do not like Bleach, but even so they are agreeing, you seem to have a prejudice with Bleach and whenever something can upgrade the verse, you try to reduce it. Anyone who has been on the site already noticed this.

TataHakai said:
We have this discussion, like every 2 weeks, and it keeps getting denied again and again and it's getting tiring repeating the same points.
This Lille and Auswahlen stuff should become a discussion rule at this point considering how many times it's been brought up and denied.
This is a massive exaggeration.

@US

It is pure coincidence over the fact that a lot of the proposed Bleach upgrades are terrible. This attempted narrative to act like I hate Bleach as a concept is really annoying and must stop.

Tbh I never see you in like any CRT at all or anything else regarding the verse, how are you saying CRTs are terrible? literally every single one in my time here has gone smoothly. Most of your comments is just you attacking the verse or fanbase which is likely why people think that about you.

The problem here, Matt is that anytime there is an upgrade regarding speed or AP you immediately jump in and dereail it.

I've never seen you in any other Bleach revision thread which without you have gone through smoothly. Sure there is a bit of argument here and there but it eventually resolves without much heat.

Point is, if something that is described to be light, act like light break just one of the rules of natural ligh then it just isn't light.

If what Matt says about auswhalen bending is true ( it's been a while since I read bleach), then Auswhalen isn't actual light no matter how many statements about it being light you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back