• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta Vs Meliodas

Duedate8898 said:
Actually, I think I have to take that back. I don't think he ever uses darkness combatively in sealed mode. Just to heal and fly
Once he knows direct magic attack didn't work on asta, he can easily go using Darkness power. And he can just stomp asta in sword vs sword

Duedate8898 said:
Nothing points towards magic not being darkness except for that one instant against Zeldris. After that, it very much seems like magic. And where does it say the Commmandments have no magic after awaking, because not long after getting up Galand goes beat the crap out of meliodas and crew
When hawk check galand stats using his eye, magic shows 0 because that time galand didn't have any magic

Well i'm taking my vote back, after i read some chapter idk if darkness is magic or a non-magic move Here galand refer meliodas darkness as dark magic https://ww2.***************.com/chapter/nanatsu-no-taizai-chapter-121/

Darkness clearly isn't magic. In the Japanese scan and in the anime Galand called it the power of darkness (yami no chikara). Also as I said before God not affecting Meliodas' darkness pretty much confirms that darkness isn't magic. Since it's been shown that actual magic attacks from characters stronger than Meliodas can still be negated by God.

Also Meliodas can't use Darkness in Base. That's a part of his Demon clan abilities which he could only use when he activates his Demon Mark.

Mel's pros: more skilled swordsman

Mel's cons: Doesn't use darkness in base and mostly uses it to reattach his arms. Can't use magic

Asta's pros: Can follow and absorb magic power? What are Asta's advantages?

Peter1129 said:
Doesn't matter if the scan is official. Original > translations. Official translations can be inaccurate. In the Japanese scans Galand says power of darkness.
The issue with what you're saying is that we're having to just take you word for it, since I don't think anyone else here is able to read japanese. Another thing is that, what about all the other times in which this same darkness is used and treated like magic. Like in his battle against the demon king, everyone called it magic. Or how when Estarosa fought against Escanoar he said his dark magic beats Escanor's Sun. It is more consistently treated as magic than it isn't. Hell, it's called magic in that very fight with Galand as far as the rest of us can see. Plus, all you've given is a statement and one instance that could be treated as PIS.

bruh they literally used darkness right after coming out of the seal with 0 MAGIC power... twice one with 10c and chandler... anyways even with out magic meliodas can still out combat asta not sure why ppl think asta has a chance and then meliodas has his healing and soul manipulation cmon now...

Zezu1995 said:
bruh they literally used darkness right after coming out of the seal with 0 MAGIC power... twice one with 10c and chandler... anyways even with out magic meliodas can still out combat asta not sure why ppl think asta has a chance and then meliodas has his healing and soul manipulation cmon now...
One word:

IN-CHARACTER

Seriously, he mostly uses Darkness to reattach his limbs rather than healing from a wound.. he doesn't use healing without his Demon Mark and even if he does, not in-character. Same for soul manip

Now I'm not so sure. Mel doesn't use Darkness in character and Asta can use Black Tornado to lolnope Mel's magic, Mel will try to Full Counter it but he's going to realize that he can't and there's the problem. Idk if that's going to put Mel down.

One question since everybody is talking about Meliodas using darkness I guess he's allowed to use his Demon Mark right?

We are talking about Darkness because Magic is absolutely useless against Asta.

He doesn't really activate Demon Mark even in massive danger

That's only for Sealed Meliodas because he doesn't want to reveal the fact that he is a demon. Unsealed and his other keys he is always willing to use it the moment he is starting to lose. And like I said he can only use Darkness in his Demon Mark state. Which is why I asked if he was allowed to use his Demon Mark because you guys were talking about Darkness this whole time something he could only use when he activates the Demon Mark.

Peter1129 said:
One question since everybody is talking about Meliodas using darkness I guess he's allowed to use his Demon Mark right?
Nope, he's in base and in character

That doesn't answer the question though. Cause if I remember correctly you can't restrict an ability if it doesn't jump tiers otherwise the match won't be added. Not exactly sure though. You should probably check just in case.

You can restrict things like demon mark

Luffy:

Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto (The Universe)) Naruto's Profile (Whole Cake Arc Luffy and Fourth Shinobi World War Naruto were used, Gear 4th was restricted and speed was equalized)

Let me make this clear, my vote is Meliodas. In comparison to Asta, he's just much stronger and has far more stamina in his unseald state. While Black Asta can negate and predict a good number of Meliodas' attacks, he wouldn't be able to maintain such a form long enough to actually deal enough damage to put Meliodas down. That's not to even mention how Meliodas is far sure Asta's physical superior, which means he has the chance to just rip any of Asta's weapons out of his grip.

My only issue, is that everyone is calling darkness not magic when it's been treated as such for so much of the series.

For it not being magic: The Ten Commandements flying after being sealed with apperently no magic power, Meliodas takind down Zeldris even with the power of God

For it to be Magic: Halbern, Hawk (with the magic eye thing), Galand, Esatrosa, Melascula, and the Sins all refering to things done with said darkness as magic on separate occasions. Three of these characters are demons themselves, and everyone is capable of sensing magic. If it isn't magic, then why does everyone keep calling it such and acting like it is?

Well this is what the versus thread rules said.

"It is fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup. However, matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment. An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one. In this case the match can be added."

Many people just seems to have forgotten about this rule.

Epsilon R said:
Siegfried10 said:
I vote for Mel. Better swordsman than Asta, Magic negation can only negate Hellblaze, as Darkness isnt magic. Mel also has Regenerationn and Black Asta has a time limit. Mel is a bad match for Asta.
Just saying, does skill really matters when Asta can know Mel's mext move ?
It does, i cant beat a swordsman even if you give me precog. Precognition is a good advantage, yes, but it doesnt make you unbeatable.

Seriously I've never heard of that rule.

Still taking Luffy has an example, in his match against Naruto, his 4th gear was restricted but not the 3rd.

That would mean I need to unrestrict Black Divider too

Because Gear 4th gives Luffy a higher tier. If a character has an ability that is listed as higher but not in another tier, it can't be restricted, but if it increases a person's tier, then it's okay to restrict.

If Meliodas gains access to Demon Mark, then his ap increases by two times which makes 70+ gigatons, giving him a decent ap advantage, compared to Asta's Black Divider which increases his ap by an unknown amount, so while the gap isn't exactly a two times gap, Meliodas definitely has the ap advantage now. That's all I will say for now.

Here's the scaling chain if that can help:

Asta (BD) = Elf Yuno (SD) > Devil > Reincarnated Licht = Reincarnated Lumi├¿re = Julius > Dark Elf Patry = Mereoleona = Elf Vetto = Fuegoleon = Yami > Charmy (Hybrid form) >= Black Asta = Noelle (VD) = Post/Elf Luck》Reincarnated Fana = Elf Dorothy > 33.13 Gigatons

》: one-shot

Note: There should be a huge gap between Fana and Noelle and between Luck and Dorothy.

But yeah, even small it is, Mel should have the AP advantage.

Back