• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Assassin Kama vs Devimon (Battle for 3rd Strongest 6-C)

Kama's charm is passive.

If Devimon has any part of his existence that can be called 'Desire', he meets the condition for her hax to work. I doubt he DOESN'T have any sort of desire.

And trust me when I say you don't want to hax around in the head of Beast III-L Or her R counterpart.

That's debatable (her simple passive is very likely to be resisted, but she can reinforce it many times over with active hax, Demon King of Lust and all), but the real question is whether Devimon has anything that counts as desire.

Desire, by definition, is not something limited to your mind.

Not sure on the first one. I'll have to take a look.

There's no question on the second one. She can do it.

But please, don't dodge the question of whether Devimon has desire. If he doesn't we wouldn't even need to discuss that resistance.

Does she manipulate desire on a conseptual level because if not that falls under Mind Manip and it depends on the Devimon.

If this ability is mental based, regardless of whether or not he has desire, he'd resist it as it is not 5-D in potency. Same for Soul hax.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
If this ability is mental based, regardless of whether or not he has desire, he'd resist it as it is not 5-D in potency. Same for Soul hax.
That's why this is hard to explain. Kama's hax works on a completely different plane compared to Kiara.

With Kiara, her passive hax is very likely to be resisted by Devimon (she'd stomp him hard regardless but that's not relevant) because its basis lies in 'Devimon's desire for Kiara'. All we need to do is check Kiara's potency.

With Kama, her Nega Desire makes anyone in her presence succumb to THEIR OWN desire. That's why I'm asking. It's literally Devimon vs Devimon's own Desire. No part of it needs to be directed at an external source like with Kiara. It's himself.

Let's use an example to illustrate.

Kiara needs Devimon to 'desire' her for her hax to work. A subconscious thought of 'her hair looks kinda nice' will do, but there's still this requirement.

Kama makes Devimon succumb to his OWN desires. Let's say he has always wanted chips. Kama's hax essentially makes him want to fulfill himself even more than usual, and the more his desires increase, the more effective her hax will be. Actually responding to those desires will increase that effectiveness exponentially.

It's not that simple. Kama isn't the Demon King of Lust (if you read the original kanji you'd understand) for no reason.

If we're being completely technical, just this fight happening would tip the scales in Kama's favor.

You see, Kama is empowered by any and all desire, For a Versus Battle, you need both sides willing to fight the other. This would entail 'the desire to hurt to enemy' and 'lust for battle'. The degree to which any participant has it varies, but it's kinda the prerequisite for the battle to happen.

So Devimon goes in with a desire to fight and hurt and even kill. This desire inevitably increases when he sees Kama, his enemy. That right there is 'increased desire in Kama's presence'. Bonus because it's directly related to Kama herself--she caused this increase, hax or no hax.

And when he attacks her with anything--hax or otherwise--he's responding to his desire to fight, hurt and kill. He's fulfilling himself. And his desire just increased again. In her presence.

It's really not as fast as Kiara's, but given that Kiara's hax is instantaneous, that isn't saying much, if anything at all.

If this turns into a battle of mindhax and soul hax, the deck is heavily stacked against Devimon. That's why I tried to suggest that we take a look at the more physical aspects, where Devimon's wincon is more obvious as far as I can see.

But if her presence is causing his desire to increase at a supernatural rate, then that's still her using an ability on him, it's just a passive.

But it isn't, at least not in the sense that this increase is the result of Kama's abilities. It's just how Devimon would react naturally to seeing the enemy he knows he has to fight, hurt and kill.

He can resist her abilities all he wants (and note that he is NOT immune), but he can't stop himself from wanting to hurt her because she's the enemy. He can't stop himself from wanting to hurt her even more when he sees her. He can't get around the fact that any attack on his part is him responding, on some level, to his desire to fight, to hurt the enemy. That he's fulfilling his desire.

And with all this

1) Happening in Kama's presence; and

2) Directly related to her presence,

that is how she and her haxes are empowered.

If he resists it, it won't affect him whatsoever. She has never done this to someone with Devimon's level of resistance. Considering his level or resistance, it is an immunity to anything lower than that scale. So her passive ability is nothing. Devimon's desire would be to branwash/mindhax her. In a battle of mentality, Devimon objectively has the advantage as his mental prowess and resistance is infinitely above any of her feats. She cannot make him succumb to his own desire as he will resist it.

Being the "Demon King of Lust" is irrelevant to Devimon. Especially when his world has an infinitely greater Demon Lady of Lust. In this case it is simply a title that has no relevance to whether Devimon resists it or not.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
In a battle of mentality, Devimon objectively has the advantage as his mental prowess and resistance is infinitely above any of her feats.
Citation needed.

Also, if we're doing 'most powerful forms', it's 2-A against 3-C.

With this Lady person, it's At least High 1-C against 2-A.

Both are mismatches or spite.

However, I think we're doing 6-C forms here. It's just that 6-C Kama retains her 2-A hax.

Devimon has 5-D mindhax and mindhax resistance. This has been noted so many times in this thread alone....

Hax is not bound by tiers aside from higher dimensionality. No one said anything about most powerful forms? His mental haxes and resistances are 5-D in nature. Hers are only 4-D. That's a literal dimensional gap. This is an infinite gap in potency.

What that shows is that being a "Demon King of Lust" is nothing but a title. Not that she fights Lilithmon.

Yeah, and Devimon keeps his Low 1-C mind hax and resistance, even as a 6-C.

Alright, is anyone contesting that Kama will open with her passive mind hax and instant forms of attack like transmutation? Her mind hax not passively working will certainly put her on guard. For the reasons i outlined above, who wins is just based on what they happen to open with at that time, with Kama coming out on top in more senerios than Devimon. If I could vote, I would, but since I'm the OP I can't. Feel free to FRA tho

I think Schnee brought up some issue with the transmutation at the start being in character for Kama, he just never came back.

She's pretty twisted in the head and very clever (she conceived the Ooku plan on her own), there's no problem with her transmutating right off the bat.

Sorry for taking so long to get back here. I was reading up on source material about her mindhax.

I mean, we would need to know that in 1 v 1 combat, she consistently starts with those moves. That's what we are figuring out as we have some who says she does and some who says she doesn't. Like which is it?

Well, because of how Devimon is responding to her passive charm...

It's either transmutation or blowing him away with Mara Avaruddha/Samsara Kama.

PS: I'm still looking for info about her hax.

Back