• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Assassin Kama vs Devimon (Battle for 3rd Strongest 6-C)

Digimon are Stated as Non-Corporial and Dark Area Digimon are Non-existant as well and yet they can still interact. Can Kama interact with the Non-Corporial?

Obviously. She can touch herself, she can touch them. Non-physical interaction is not a notable power if you aren't physical yourself. It's no more notable than a physical being having physical interaction

Because it isn't a notable power. The ability of a non-existent being to interact with other non-existent beings is not notable. She also already has void manip

You should actually mention that as that would be notable as not all nonexistent beings would be able to interact with each other by default similar to how all ghosts not all being able to intereact with one another.

btw regarding this Transmutation. Has she done this as a starting move in terms of a battle? Is this her combat mentality?

What non-existent being cannot interact with other non-existent beings? What non-existent being cannot interact with themselves or others? I can potentially understand abstracts not being able to necessarily directly interact with eachother due to odd cosmology and verse equalization, but what ghost is unable to interact with another ghost? Unless of course this comes from some specifically bizarre or niche cosmology, in which case hard cases make bad rules.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
btw regarding this Transmutation. Has she done this as a starting move in terms of a battle? Is this her combat mentality?
Yes. From what I have been told, the very first thing she did to chaldea was transmute them into her maze

The simple fact is that this is an indexing site overall and not all fictions will follow these same rules, this should be mentioned no matter how "notable" it is. Powers and Abilities aren't about "Notable powers" it's just listing powers overall. Like, I can add it in an instant seeing as it isn't a huge change.

We do not give all physical beings the ability to interact with other physical beings, because it is such a minor, unimportant, and obvious ability that it isn't even worth mentioning. Just because some minor cases diverge from the norm, does not mean we should then list the ability for physical beings to interact with physical beings on all profiles. Add it if you want, but if this is the game we are playing then all servants need non-physical interaction, since they, as spirits, can interact with other spirits. Hell, it would be easier to specifically note non-corporeal beings who can't interact with other non-corporeal beings.

We also don't have a power called "Physical Interaction" either.

Um....yes..they should have it. So yes, we are playing this game.

Just cuz we don't have a page for it, doesn't mean it shouldn't be on the profiles. We don't have a page for every single minute ability. If all non-physical beings need their ability to interact with other non-physical beings specifically noted, then the inverse is also true

Then have at it, and I can think of multiple other verses with non-corporeal beings who need non-physical interaction added. A legit wiki wide, revision is in order if every single non-corporeal or intangible character needs non-physical interaction listed on their profile.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Basically, Digimon would still be able to Hack. Devimon himself has Law Manipulation via hacking as well. Not to mention that he could in fact overcome transmutation via Overwrite as well.
This is also still a thing.

The fact that you are blowing something like simply adding something so simple to a file out of proportion is astounding...

As i said in response to that, do the digimon have feats of being able to hack while they have been transmuted into something like her conceptual maze, especially when servants who have abilities that do not rely on their physical body naturally could not use their abilities while transmuted.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The fact that you are blowing something like simply adding something so simple to a file out of proportion is astounding...
The fact that it is necessary to explicitly spell something so obvious out on profiles like this is also astounding. I'm also completely serious. If Kama needs her ability to interact with being of the same nature as her spelled out, then all servants need that ability added to their profiles. If we decide that even something so obvious must be listed here, then it naturally should be applied everywhere. Fate does not get special treatment

I mean..Digimon does this, Under Night does this, Bleach does this, Kingdom Hearts does this. I mean series that have non-corporeal entities fight each other have this applied.

A few do, but its unnecessary. If you have decided that all verses with non-corporeal beings able to interact with themselves and others like them, then I'll make the thread so we can get this wiki-wide project started to go over every page with non-corporeal existence, this nature of intangibility, or other kinds of non-physical existences, so that they can all have non-physical interaction added to all of them.

Sure, please make the thread. If people think it's not needed, I will drop it. If not, it should be added.

This doesn't address Overwrite. Which if it does happen, would happen without the Digimon's consent.

What board should I make it under? Will you pin it as well, since this is going to effect a significant number of verses and characters across the wiki?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
What board should I make it under? Will you pin it as well, since this is going to effect a significant number of verses and characters across the wiki?
Content Revision

Looking at it, and having confirmed everything by Ex, Devimon has no way to resist Transmutation (the Dot ailment is not a normal ability for Eaters and thus Digimon do not naturally resist it) outside of Overwrite which is a coin flip. So that is basically what we are working with.

If Overwrite is successful, Devimon overcomes transmutation.

If it isn't and chooses not to activate, Devimon loses.

Overwrite is a finicky topic due to it's nature. Like, we have seen Overwrite work again and again with cases like Zeromaru and Digimon who developed the X-Antibody. so Overwrite has more of a presence than it did like a year ago seeing as we now have showings of Digimon Overwriting to various things. At the same time, we have just as many times seen a Digimon not Overwrite and are killed before they can Overwrite. I think it comes down to whether Devimon is still "alive" and is conscious as Overwrite responds to a need and emotions. luckily Devimon is notably a calm and level headed Digimon by nature so he likely won't fall for the dangers of being too emotional.

Yes. From what I have been told, the very first thing she did to chaldea was transmute them into her maze

There is so much context missing behind this it rots my head, not your fault because you were told this however.

Kama did that to turn them into her maze because she purposely needed them too.

She's not going to see a Digimon and think "Transmute" instantly

Yet that's just what she did to Yagyu. She let the cast to wander around because she needed souls, and she doesn't really care about her maze anyway.

Kama mostly did her maze shenanigans to draw Ritsuka out.

The Last Human of Pan-Humanity was who she needed. The rest were...mostly oversights and mistakes, like Kiara.

And to be honest, Kama is the type to resort to her Noble Phantasm if she sees her passives are being resisted and her enemy can obviously deal with her regular attacks.

What's stopping her from pulling out Mara Avarudda/Samsara Kama and blitz-nuking Devimon?

Then I guess the question is who's the quicker draw.

I won't question Dark Fire's potency, but Devimon sure as hell ain't surviving her Noble Phantasm.

Back