• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the conensus about the speed rating?
Yeah the speed rating is different. Boros being able to one tap and clown his subordinates doesn't translate to being faster than Gery's attacks. He could just tank and spank or something along those lines. Its why we never scaled Orochi to FTL despite the Murata quote back when we used those.

I always wondered if Sealed Boros was really strong because in the mobile games he's perfectly playable and I believe he's a boss as well lol

Yeah the speed rating is different. Boros being able to one tap and clown his subordinates doesn't translate to being faster than Gery's attacks. He could just tank and spank or something along those lines. Its why we never scaled Orochi to FTL despite the Murata quote back when we used those.
I think the argument is that Boros thought he could take on Saitama after the latter reacted to Geryu's sub-light attacks.

In regard to his AP, which one do you guys pick in the following? The durability part will be the same.
Attack Potency: At least Small City level (As the most powerful member of the Dark Matter Thieves, he should be superior to the likes of Melzalgald), possibly/likely Continent level (Was confident in fighting Saitama even after he had destroyed his ship's door, which is stated to have very solid construction, making it somewhat comparable to the durability of the outer hull).

Attack Potency: Likely/Possibly Continent level (..)

Attack Potency: Continent level (..)

Saitama after the latter reacted to Geryu's sub-light attacks.
But the thing is that Boros really wouldn't know that. The thing from Murata is that Saitama sees it as a bad joke and after tanking the attack he just threw a rock.

I'm not seeing a valid reasoning to scale Boros' speed that high for this incarnation.

But the thing is that Boros really wouldn't know that. The thing from Murata is that Saitama sees it as a bad joke and after tanking the attack he just threw a rock.

I'm not seeing a valid reasoning to scale Boros' speed that high for this incarnation.
That would downgrade all of Boros’ “possibly FTL” stats then, wouldn’t it?

Released's scaling comes from Saitama putting more effort into fighting Released Boros then him just catching the rock. But I'm fine with the removal tbh

While we are here discussing the scaling of Boros' armor we might want to fix the image link for the armor's durability justification. I do not get to see the image when I click on the link.

Last edited:
Ok, two staff have agreed on the AP/dura ratings.

My take: At least Small city level, likely Continent level. I think a possibly is too little for the evidence Quan brought.

Can it be just "likely Continent Level" instead? Small City Level being there feels weird since it is Boros we are talking about.

Boros's chamber has solid construction. It's implied to be more durable than other parts of the ship.

What you said is different from what the scan says. It was not implied or stated that those stone pillars are more durable than the outer hull which is made of metal.
Solid Construction=/=Equivalent durability to the outer hull.

What you said is different from what the scan says. It was not implied or stated that those stone pillars are more durable than the outer hull which is made of metal.
Aren't the pillars and doors made of the same material? What is your point by emphasizing the fact that the hull is made of metal?

Aren't the pillars and doors made of the same material? What is your point by emphasizing the fact that the hull is made of metal?
The outer metal hull tanked Saitama's jump, not the stone pillars.
And I was addressing the other point. He claimed that the room is more durable than other parts of the ship. The scan obviously doesn't state that.
Also, what about the door? I don't remember it tanking Saitama's Moon jump, the OP claims the door is 6-A in durability for some reasons. And he doesn't provide any evidence as to why. Only how Saitama broke a supposedly 6-A door and the scan from the manga with no 6-A going on for it.
Why is that door 6-A again?

The argument is that since the door, pillars and the outer hull are made of metal, plus with the statement the throne room has very solid construction, they are arguably relative in durability.

Don't get me wrong, I was just addressing your points regarding the door and pillars are not made of metal, but some random stones.
Those Pillars look like they are made from some kind of stone.
The outer hull of the ship that took Saitama's Moon Jump is made from some kind of metal too, so it's different from stone pillars.
They are all made of metal. So I assume your argument is that the outer hull is made of harder metal?

The argument is that since the door, pillars and the outer hull are made of metal, plus with the statement the throne room has very solid construction, they are arguably relative in durability.

Don't get me wrong, I was just addressing your points regarding the door and pillars are not made of metal, but some random stones.

They are all made of metal. So I assume your argument is that the outer hull is made of harder metal?
Regarding the door, didn't Geryuganshoop fight Saitama after he broke though the door in the manga?

Yeah, both scans talk about the insides of the ship as if it were an impenetrable fortress and the most important part to protect from invaders. There is no reason to assume the outer parts are harder than that strange alien material. If that were the case, the databook would have made a statement on the exterior being recovered with an even harder steel.

In the anime we see that most of the interior of the ship is made of the same material as the exterior, and Boros' room is the only slightlly different part. If anything, the epicenter, where the core belongs, should be even harder.

There is no stone, that's just what Saitama called it. Like when he called the Lava he bathed in water.

And? Geryuganshoop isn't stated to be able to sense power levels. He can't know how strong you must be to break the door.
It depends on how much Geryuganshoop knew about the durability of the door. It's unlikely that he was completely ignorant but he might indeed have underestimated the amount of force needed for the door.

It looks like Saitama damaged the Hull in his 20% damage spree. He also notes how the ship hasn't fallen from his punches. Further showing how resistant the metal is.

There's also this from the Hero Encyclopedia:

"
  • The ship is so resistant that it didn't fall even after a series of Saitama's "normal punches." "

There is no stone, that's just what Saitama called it. Like when he called the Lava he bathed in water.
He’s talking about the pillar debris which has the exact appearance of stone and rock whereas the ship’s outside (which is what took the 6-A landing) is explicitly drawn, bends, and breaks like metal. This is shown numerous times. There is a difference between the interior and exterior of the ship and this is even further emphasized when once the ship falls, you see stone, not metal falling from above in Boros' room. Stone with the same appearance as the stones from the pillars and door in that room.

And very solid construction doesn't mean much. The rooms in a house can have very solid walls but that doesn't mean the walls that separate the room spaces are made out of brick just because the outside walls are.

Last edited:
The material is a non factor here tbh. The thing is the inside durbility of the ship isn't differentiated from the outside in any statement. If anything, like I said before, the main room, which guards the core, should be harder than every other part.
The material is very much a factor. Why would the two being different not be a factor? One material is explicitly metal and is the one that survived a 6-A landing, the other is stone didn't and has no feat to support it. It doesn't matter if there are statements to differentiate the outside and the interior of the ship and there are no statements to say they are the same.

And saying the main room that guards the core should be harder than every part is an assumption. For all we know, there could be a reason the room couldn't be metal and that is why Boros is there to protect the core.

The material is very much a factor. Why would the two being different not be a factor?
It isn't because rocks (supposedly) aren't necessarily weaker than steel in fiction. That's assuming they are really rocks.

One material is explicitly metal and is the one that survived a 6-A landing, the other is stone very didn't and has no feat to support it. It doesn't matter if there are statements to differentiate the outside and the interior of the ship and there are no statements to say they are the same.
It does matter. The burden of proof is on you to prove they are not as hard as one another, because there are no statements that say so. The only statement we got on the ship's durability was one talking about its insides and how strong its unknown steel was. If the outside were stronger they would have said so, but they make no differentiation.

And saying the main room that guards the core should be harder than every part is an assumption. For all we know, there could be a reason the room couldn't be metal and that is why Boros is there to protect the core.
That is also an assumption on your part. I could say: what if Boros weren't present? Who would protect the core then? Furthermore, it isn't the only room with the same composition. The camera room also looks like Boros', and he isn't there to protect it. Instead, it should be the most important room of the entire ship because it is the control center, yet it is weaker than every other part? Makes no sense. They both should be harder.

It isn't because rocks (supposedly) aren't necessarily weaker than steel in fiction. That's assuming they are really rocks.
That's irrelevant when the rocks don't have feats of surviving 6-A damage compared to the metal that does.
It does matter. The burden of proof is on you to prove they are not as hard as one another, because there are no statements that say so. The only statement we got on the ship's durability was one talking about its insides and how strong its unknown steel was. If the outside were stronger they would have said so, but they make no differentiation.
Outside survived 6-A damage, inside did not, that's enough proof. We already know the outside is strong because it took numerous 7-A attacks and a 6-A landing which was all drawn to be impressive.
That is also an assumption on your part. I could say: what if Boros weren't present? Who would protect the core then? Furthermore, it isn't the only room with the same composition. The camera room also looks like Boros', and he isn't there to protect it. Instead, it should be the most important room of the entire ship because it is the control center, yet it is weaker than every other part? Makes no sense. They both should be harder.
My assumption was just to show that there are perfectly reasonable explanations other than your assumption for why the room is made of stone. Regardless, this is irrelevant because, at the end of the day, it's an assumption to say Boros' room should be harder than every other part of the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back