• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armament Haki Changes

Not true as his fight against King and Queen proves.
A fight two years later, where he had retired for around a year from being a commander. Also even in that fight on-screen he healed from every hit they landed on him, the only thing he didn't heal from were bruises on his face and funnily enough those could have been haki inflicted wounds.

King and Queen probably used Haki, Since Marco still can regenerate after get Slashed by Non Haki sword from King.

A fight two years later, where he had retired for around a year from being a commander. Also even in that fight on-screen he healed from every hit they landed on him, the only thing he didn't heal from were bruises on his face and funnily enough those could have been haki inflicted wounds.

Why would the bruises on his face be his only Haki-inflicted wounds? King just forgot to apply Haki to his sword when he cut off Marco's wing?

Why would the bruises on his face be his only Haki-inflicted wounds? King just forgot to apply Haki to his sword when he cut off Marco's wing?
Who says he can apply haki on his sword, evidence of his proficiency being that great would be needed. So far the only haki showing we've gotten is from Queen who showed basic application on his limbs only, we can't deduce he's capable of applying his haki externally from that.

Edit: And even if he does show he can use haki on his sword, most likely with hardening being indicated; we can deduce from the lack of hardening used against Marco that he simply didn't use it in that instance.

King said it himself he's not a swordsman. Furthermore, he's not a rudimentary busoshoku Haki user to coat his sword with Busoshoku Haki aka Hardening/Koka.

Small edit: King can coat his arms and legs with busoshoku Haki, but his sword? that requires Rudimentary Busoshoku lvl to even hurt Marco with it (in other words his sword was useless).

It's like every time I wake up, I get hit with a CRT that "counters" my points but brings a bunch of incredulous arguments. Gahlee I want to sleep.

In the Haki page, Armament haki has Regeneration Negation. Iirc, the reasoning was due to Marco not healing from getting hit by Garp.

This could very easily be explained as simple Devil Fruit Ability negation.
Which we do not accept on this wiki after my several threads trying to push the "it negates devil fruits" and people disagree until "we see every devil fruit negated in the series".

We don't consider "negates DF only" as a thing.
We don't say Haki negates only logias because we see Prometheus get punched like a real person.
We don't say Haki only stops DF produced poison because we see Shinokuni (which is not a part of Caesar's gas) get blocked off by Haki.

Don't try to make it only DF only.
Haki having Regeneration Negation can be so easily debunked by literally anybody healing from getting hit by Haki imbued attacks, such as Luffy healing his tooth after fighting Sanji, who would need to use haki to harm Luffy.
Sanji didn't even hit him in his teeth, he hit him in his nose and eyes.
It's like when Jozu hit Aokiji in his face and his entire body shattered. He didn't touch the rest of the body.

Answer me this.

If I hit a logia right, and their true body is revealed, would their true body be revealed 12 hours later for someone else?
If I throw water on Crocodile, could everybody hit him for 12 hours?

Your argument is "the wiki is pushing the narrative that whoever gets hit by a haki infused attack would never heal for the rest of their life. They'll never regrow hair, never regrow teeth, never heal skin cells, they should/would be injured permanently" which is an unintentional strawman.

You need examples of someone in the series who can heal in a quick timeframe that doesn't get their regen negated.

That Doflamingo example was not good.
As of Chapter 807, 11 days already passed. So sending a scan from 906 (where the scan sent above was), which is after Whole Cake Island which took several days-a week, so maybe 2 weeks after Doffy's injury, is (with all due respect) a ridiculous amount of desperation.
I don't understand the mental gymnastic you would have to use to even come to that conclusion (Marco not healing due to Haki regen negation), when Haki was literally introduced in the series to negate Devil Fruit Abilites,
Simple.

Haki negates devil fruits.
They also negate non devil fruit abilities.
Simple.

We don't say Haki negates only logias because we see Prometheus get punched like a real person.

Prometheus is an example of Haki not working. Luffy points this out. He has no "solid body" to be damaged.

If I hit a logia right, and their true body is revealed, would their true body be revealed 12 hours later for someone else?

No. Not sure what you mean by this though.

If I throw water on Crocodile, could everybody hit him for 12 hours?

If he was somehow still wet, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Your argument is "the wiki is pushing the narrative that whoever gets hit by a haki infused attack would never heal for the rest of their life. They'll never regrow hair, never regrow teeth, never heal skin cells, they should/would be injured permanently" which is an unintentional strawman.
You need examples of someone in the series who can heal in a quick timeframe that doesn't get their regen negated.
That Doflamingo example was not good.
As of Chapter 807, 11 days already passed. So sending a scan from 906 (where the scan sent above was), which is after Whole Cake Island which took several days-a week, so maybe 2 weeks after Doffy's injury, is (with all due respect) a ridiculous amount of desperation.

Then there needs to be elaboration beyond a simple "Regeneration Negation".

Prometheus is an example of Haki not working. Luffy points this out. He has no "solid body" to be damaged.
I never said he hurt him.
I said he punched him like a regular person.
Haki didn't hurt him because he has no solid body under his flames to get hurt, but Luffy punched him as if he was a physical person
No. Not sure what you mean by this though.
When Luffy punched Caesar.
If Luffy left at that moment, and a bunch of non haki users wanted to hurt Caesar, could they have done it?
If he was somehow still wet, then yes. Otherwise, no.
Glad we agree
Then there needs to be elaboration beyond a simple "Regeneration Negation".
It doesn't need that much elaboration.
For a certain lengthy period of time, the opponent cannot regenerate certain places where they are harmed.

I never said he hurt him.
I said he punched him like a regular person.
Haki didn't hurt him because he has no solid body under his flames to get hurt, but Luffy punched him as if he was a physical person

Prometheus was dispersed because of the force of Luffy's strikes but fire not an intangible concept, completely immune to physical forces. If you blow wind on a fire, it will move and flicker.

Luffy's punch of Promtheus could be just like that. Haki isn't necessarily the cause of that.

If Luffy left at that moment, and a bunch of non haki users wanted to hurt Caesar, could they have done it?

No.

For a certain lengthy period of time, the opponent cannot regenerate certain places where they are harmed.

I'm not satisfied that is the only explanation at this stage. Even if it is plausible, it is not a certainty.

Prometheus was dispersed because of the force of Luffy's strikes but fire not an intangible concept, completely immune to physical forces. If you blow wind on a fire, it will move and flicker.

Luffy's punch of Promtheus could be just like that. Haki isn't necessarily the cause of that.
You're thinking I'm referring to the dispersion

I'm referring when Luffy could hit Prometheus with a barrage and physically touch his flames instead of shoving his fist through him with sound effects shown from the punching like what would happen to a regular fire.

Luffy punched prometheus as if he was a logia, then only didn't hurt him because he had no true body, not because haki doesn't allow that.
Or why would Luffy even punch him in the first place and compare him to a logia?
"He's worse than a logia" ≠ "I can't touch him with haki".
I'm not satisfied that is the only explanation at this stage. Even if it is plausible, it is not a certainty.
This is what we're given.
They don't infinitely stop regeneration. I can't name that many verses on the wiki that actually do.
They stop regen from wherever they're hit, which is why Marco could regen from Kizaru's lasers but not Garp's punch.

Why is the one piece verse this strict? literally mostly everyone I have seen that have regen… doesn’t have an elaboration on it and stuff…
TBH I don't think it's as strict as you're making it out to be. Especially if you compare it to Bleach (💀) and Naruto/Boruto. Also this CRT isn't meant to make things strict, it's meant to clarify what Armament Haki does, what it can and what it cannot do, it's limits. It's because you don't want it to change, that you feel like we're being strict.

TBH I don't think it's as strict as you're making it out to be. Especially if you compare it to Bleach (💀) and Naruto/Boruto. Also this CRT isn't meant to make things strict, it's meant to clarify what Armament Haki does, what it can and what it cannot do, it's limits. It's because you don't want it to change, that you feel like we're being strict.
I literally agreed in the beginning that it needs to be elaborated… (probably by liking a comment)

it literally is strict tho… every thing that gets added, it needs to go multiple pages and needs a lot of arguing to get it accepted…

But that's literally what is shown?

It's your interpretation of what is shown. I don't recall it ever being said that the only reason Marco doesn't regenerate is because he is hit by Haki.

it literally is strict tho… every thing that gets added, it needs to go multiple pages and needs a lot of arguing to get it accepted…

The inverse is also true. There shouldn't require this much arguing just to elaborate on the page.

That's just how it is. You can't expect a big verse to have everyone agree with it. You should expect some arguments. In this situation though, I don't believe it's strict at all. All this is asking for is an elaboration. And the fact that this CRT (and others in the past) even exists proves that the Haki page still needs more work in clarification and elaboration.

It's your interpretation of what is shown. I don't recall it ever being said that the only reason Marco doesn't regenerate is because he is hit by Haki.
Excuse me? I said it's what's shown not stated, but what is shown is he didn't regenerate from a hit from a haki user, Tempests post explains it fine.

The only other explanation proposed is from you, implying Marco choose not to heal his wounds days later despite how easy it would be for him to do given his power's scope, and despite how it goes against his character at the time where he choose to heal from any wound he got on the spot.

That's just how it is. You can't expect a big verse to have everyone agree with it. You should expect some arguments. In this situation though, I don't believe it's strict at all. All this is asking for is an elaboration. And the fact that this CRT (and others in the past) even exists proves that the Haki page still needs more work in clarification and elaboration.
No it’s always from misinformation and being ignorant or something… tempest is still after months, commenting about the same thing with no conclusion. That happens a lot, you also need to repeat you self multiple times until you make others understand.

I have no opinion since it doesn't need elaboration, unless we make a wiki wide standard to evaluate the mechanics of all regeneration negation

I have no opinion since it doesn't need elaboration, unless we make a wiki wide standard to evaluate the mechanics of all regeneration negation
Can’t you just say Marco couldn’t regen days after he got hit by garp or something?

So what should be the justification or elaboration?

Possibly Regeneration Negation (Mid) [Marco, who uses the Phoenix's Flames of Regeneration has been shown to take attacks from Armament Haki users without regenerating from them, however it is not yet confirmed if the use of Haki is what stops his ability from taking effect, and other characters have been shown to recover naturally from injuries inflicted by Haki users]

Possibly Regeneration Negation (Mid) [Marco, who uses the Phoenix's Flames of Regeneration has been shown to take attacks from Armament Haki users without regenerating from them, however it is not yet confirmed if the use of Haki is what stops his ability from taking effect, and other characters have been shown to recover naturally from injuries inflicted by Haki users]
But Marco is literally already in full blue flames when he got hit with the haki imbued punch…

might have read it wrong

Back