• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armament Haki Changes

It would still be limited. Just as you can't equalize Haki, unless the power system is similar to Haki, Haki wouldn't just negate EVERY regen outside of it. It's case by case aka limited.
That doesn't make it limited, if that's the case no one has regen neg or regen because there will always be different types of regen or regen negs.

That doesn't make it limited, if that's the case no one has regen neg or regen because there will always be different types of regen or regen negs.
If somebody can absorb fire created through Ki/Chakra/whatever, but they're incapable of absorbing natural flames, then they could have "Limited Fire Absorption" on their profile, with an explanation of what they can and can't do.

Listing abilities, we don't always need to use "Limited" but some cases are clearer than others.

If somebody can absorb fire created through Ki/Chakra/whatever, but they're incapable of absorbing natural flames, then they could have "Limited Fire Absorption" on their profile, with an explanation of what they can and can't do.

Listing abilities, we don't always need to use "Limited" but some cases are clearer than others.
Yee but Haki negates natural regen that's amped... There are so many characters that regens like that.... Which isn't limited and haki negates that.

Wow Jigen/Isshiki fits that perfectly

Yee but Haki negates natural regen that's amped... There are so many characters that regens like that.... Which isn't limited and haki negates that.
And there's many unamped regeneration out there too.

And since Haki can't / hasn't been shown to negate that type of regeneration, it needs to be specified that it is limited.

If your hair was amped to regrow at a certain rate, and if I cut your hair off with haki, you won't regrow hair at an amped rate. You'll regrow it at a regular rate.
That'd actually be nice for when I get my fade cut again. My hair grows back so fast it only stays crisp for about a week or so.

Asta has Magical Regeneration Negation (Low-Mid; Prevented Vetto from regenerating his wound with Forbidden Magic)
Tanjiro has Regeneration Negation (High-Mid; Tanjiro’s Dance of the Sun God/Breath of the Sun negates Demon’s regenerative abilities and makes the slashed portion feel as though its burning)
Escanor has Regeneration Negation (Mid)
Notably, Sunshine-imbued attacks can prevent regeneration up to a certain extent. Though Izraf's wounds closed, the heat remained and continued to damage him. Melascula was unable to heal her burns even after she had recovered her energy. In addition, Escanor's soul itself is imbued with Sunshine and severely burns those who attempt to extract and absorb it, returning to his body on its own.
Joseph Joestar has Regeneration Negation (High-Mid, but only against opponents weak to sunlight)

And they aren't limited.

Asta has Magical Regeneration Negation (Low-Mid; Prevented Vetto from regenerating his wound with Forbidden Magic)
Tanjiro has Regeneration Negation (High-Mid; Tanjiro’s Dance of the Sun God/Breath of the Sun negates Demon’s regenerative abilities and makes the slashed portion feel as though its burning)
Escanor has Regeneration Negation (Mid)
Notably, Sunshine-imbued attacks can prevent regeneration up to a certain extent. Though Izraf's wounds closed, the heat remained and continued to damage him. Melascula was unable to heal her burns even after she had recovered her energy. In addition, Escanor's soul itself is imbued with Sunshine and severely burns those who attempt to extract and absorb it, returning to his body on its own.
Joseph Joestar has Regeneration Negation (High-Mid, but only against opponents weak to sunlight)

And they aren't limited.
All of these are limited and this is shown in the description

One is limited to those who regenerate with a spell (Asta) and the other two are those who are fragile to sunlight (Joseph and Tanjiro)

It doesn't necessarily need to have limited on the profiles. Just as long as it's explained in the description (and on the Haki page), then that should be good enough.

I understand the negation of regeneration through haki versus logia. But how exactly would the haki deny the bodily abilities of someone who has only one body(trully)?

On sbs, in comparison with mera mera no mi(logia), Oda stated that marco has a physical body for being a zoan. If haki denies the properties of the Phoenix body, wouldn't it be intuitive to think that she would also deny the hardness of kaido's scales?

I understand the negation of regeneration through haki versus logia. But how exactly would the haki deny the bodily abilities of someone who has only one body(trully)?

On sbs, in comparison with mera mera no mi(logia), Oda stated that marco has a physical body for being a zoan. If haki denies the properties of the Phoenix body, wouldn't it be intuitive to think that she would also deny the hardness of kaido's scales?

Haki never denied the properties of the phoenix body.
It denied the properties of the phoenix' ability.

Kaido's scales are part of his biology. It doesn't deny biology.

While leaving out the context, I just helped you by telling you the context
I know the context. Him using what happened to Marco to help with his Kaido claim doesn't mean I can't pick out what he said with Marco.

What he said about Marco is what this whole CRT is trying to change.

So you agree that Garp's haki punch negated Marco's ability?
You’re implying with this statement that it’s only Haki vs DF. You didn’t say it, but if I said “yes” you would’ve restated it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phoenix flames is not biology, it’s an ability. That’s like saying flame clouds is a biology.

I disagree. Kaido would still be a dragon if he couldn't use his clouds of flame and borobreath. But Marco couldn't be a Phoenix without his regenerating flames.

I disagree. Kaido would still be a dragon if he couldn't use his clouds of flame and borobreath. But Marco couldn't be a Phoenix without his regenerating flames.
No he wouldn't.

Zoans are meant to transform you into an animal. That's the basic ability of a Zoan.

Mythical Zoans get a specific ability. Sengoku gets shockwaves, Catarina shapeshifts. Kaido gets ele
A phoenix is a type of bird, but the ability is regen. You could be a phoenix without regen, it's just unusual.

It's... kind of goes with what I think about Marco. Thanks for the clarification. I'm no expert on mythology, I won't insist.

It's... kind of goes with what I think about Marco. Thanks for the clarification. I'm no expert on mythology, I won't insist.
No problem, and when I say mythical zoans, it's actually a term in the series.

You have zoans, people who turn into animals.
You have SMILES, artificial zoans
You have ancient zoans, people who turn into ancient animals.
You have mythical zoans, people who turn into mythical animals.

So it's not really the mythology, it's just how Oda handles it

Yes, I understand. I was referring to the argument about an unusual phoenix. I can't say otherwise, as I don't know the mythology itself.

The phoenix is called immortal. But does this immortality refer to invulnerability to attack or rebirth? If it's the second option, did they attack it with water? I just don't have the knowledge to answer these questions.

Back