• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armament Haki Changes

Buso made contact with Prometheus as if he was a solid (like a logia), it just didn’t hurt him because he didn’t have a true body and he was pure fire
It's also supported by the anime which adds hitting noises
7.jpeg

Last edited:
This kind of nonsense is usually approved on the site.

No type of "Devil Fruit Ability negation" works without direct contact between the two parties involved (df users in direct contact, or by means of attacks against haki users).

Marco was still surrounded by its flames when he no longer had contact with the "PROBABLE" haki garp-imbued fist. From that moment on, he would have all the freedom in the world to use his powers and regenerate from the blow without any interference from the "negation of ability"

The point is that Marco CHOOSES when to use his regeneration or not. All this to reduce the consumption of vigor that the healing properties of flames require. He only uses it for serious wounds that could compromise the battle, ignoring minimal damage caused by the garp punch, and also small cuts on the face acquired in the fight against king and queen. Extra

Another logical fact that leads me to totally disbelieve this theory of "Devil Fruit Ability negation" is that Marco is a Zoan, the flames being part of the body of the mythological creature Phoenix. No matter how much haki you hit the body of zoans, they will still retain their basic properties. That is their real body, they are not "virtual" bodies.

This kind of nonsense is usually approved on the site.

No type of "Devil Fruit Ability negation" works without direct contact between the two parties involved (df users in direct contact, or by means of attacks against haki users).

Marco was still surrounded by its flames when he no longer had contact with the "PROBABLE" haki garp-imbued fist. From that moment on, he would have all the freedom in the world to use his powers and regenerate from the blow without any interference from the "negation of ability"

The point is that Marco CHOOSES when to use his regeneration or not. All this to reduce the consumption of vigor that the healing properties of flames require. He only uses it for serious wounds that could compromise the battle, ignoring minimal damage caused by the garp punch, and also small cuts on the face acquired in the fight against king and queen. Extra

Another logical fact that leads me to totally disbelieve this theory of "Devil Fruit Ability negation" is that Marco is a Zoan, the flames being part of the body of the mythological creature Phoenix. No matter how much haki you hit the body of zoans, they will still retain their basic properties. That is their real body, they are not "virtual" bodies.
Aight, time for a lecture. For clarification: Robin explicitly states that Busoshoku Haki only allows you to touch/harm the true body of a Logia's user, but doesn't prevent them from using their abilities (Make sure to remember that). Although, you can protect yourself from most elemental abilities such as Fire. Depending on your Haki let's say Busoshoku Haki level 2 -- Hardening; you can resist the effects of a Devil fruit's user (depending on whose Haki's stronger) only if you are actively enabling Busoshoku haki to coat yourself with it. Haki wasn't solely introduced to negate "Devil fruits", it allows you to touch the nigh-invincible Logia users and enhancing both your offensive and defensive capabilities, meaning, if Haki doesn't negate regen someone like Marco would still be able to regen. Since we've established before Haki user A can't negate the effects of a Devil fruit's user such as Self-healing, transmutation, Body-control (Touching = / = Negating), etc nor prevent them from using their abilities, in other words Marco still couldn't heal from the punch he received from Garp, despite the fact his blue flames are capable of healing other people, including his true body, unlike a logia, Marco regens stems from his true body.

Most people most likely doesn't know how Marco's regen works, i'll just copypaste the explanation from the OP Wiki: "Marco can freely create his Blue Flames of Resurrection" from any part of his body, even without actually transforming, and they always cover him while transformed. These phoenix flames are stronger than normal fire and possess tremendous healing properties; while shrouded in the flames, Marco can rapidly self-regenerate from nigh any physical damage he receives, like a phoenix being reborn. It is noted, or at least implied, that no matter what injury he is dealt, he can recover by flame (even injures that he suffered while his powers are nullified). Such immense power of recovery allows Marco to ward off extremely potent attacks with little issue, like Kizaru's volley of light bullets or even Akainu's magma punch. Marco can also share his healing flames with others, allowing him to mend them as well, even multiple individuals at once. However, his flames are less effective on anyone other than himself."

I've read your hideous argument and regretted it. You analyze the manga very badly.

None of your text refutes what was said in mine.

Minor Damage??
should that mean something? Marco fought throughout the war (including against akainu) there is no evidence that this wound was caused by garp (punch to the face, not the back of the head) and not by another opponent in the war. There is also the possibility that the milestone regeneration has reached some limit, due to the vigor.

Sengoku was unharmed during screen time, and still appeared with tracks of the same type towards the end of the war. It's not hard to understand that Marco may have been injured on standby.

I've read your hideous argument and regretted it. You analyze the manga very badly.

None of your text refutes what was said in mine.
So, in other words: "I disagree because I said so". I still remember you from the Ace thread, anyone who aren't agreeing to you are "mindless idiots". Seems like this thread is your new target.

are you going to talk about me or the manga? Do good for yourself and try to understand my argument.

should that mean something? Marco fought throughout the war (including against akainu) there is no evidence that this wound was caused by garp (punch to the face, not the back of the head) and not by another opponent in the war. There is also the possibility that the milestone regeneration has reached some limit, due to the vigor.

Sengoku was unharmed during screen time, and still appeared with tracks of the same type towards the end of the war. It's not hard to understand that Marco may have been injured on standby.
Except we are not assuming unrealistic scenarios to fit your narrative of One piece, when the proof is right under your nose. What if this, what if that and what if here doesn't work here, the burden of proof is on you to prove that the Head wound comes from Akainu or from anyone else on-screen.

This is a head wound, he received from Garp. The only person on-screen who canonically injured him without resorting to Sea Prism Handcuffs was Garp. You don't see any other injuries beside his Head, Kizaru only targeted his stomach. Stomach = / = Head, so it's painfully obvious who did it.
ab567c569b6bbf828047931056dd868d7796dc83_hq.jpg

In the Manga Akainu never injured Marco. In reality, Marco intercepted Akainu's attack and told Jinbei to go. Akainu ignored Marco and went straight to Jinbei (while holding Luffy in his arms).

Your mistake is to believe that denial of regeneration is viable.

When a logia takes a hit with haki, regardless of the "invulnerability" that the fruit's virtual body has, that user will still take damage to their "real body". However, this damage is something that cannot be regenerated (in the sense of healing), as the real/virtual body works as if they were distinct.

Marco is not like the logias that have "true/false bodies" or "tangible and non-tangible". Its body is UNIQUE and fused with its fruit.

Assuming this denial of abilities was effective against the mark, it would work only when the haki-imbued attack hits Marco. After that he could simply regenerate his body.

When a logia takes a hit with haki, regardless of the "invulnerability" that the fruit's virtual body has, that user will still take damage to their "real body". However, this damage is something that cannot be regenerated (in the sense of healing), as the real/virtual body works as if they were distinct.

Marco is not like the logias that have "true/false bodies" or "tangible and non-tangible". Its body is UNIQUE and fused with its fruit.

Assuming this denial of abilities was effective against the mark, it would work only when the haki-imbued attack hits Marco. After that he could simply regenerate his body.
Regeneration (At least Mid, as he regenerated his head after it was blown to bits by Kizaru), Elemental Intangibility

When he transform into the full Phoenix he turn intangible.... If hes hybrid he has intangible wings but not intangible body...
3.png

When Marco hit kizaru he could have still been light/intangible underneath... Which is why haki instead hits someone's true body even if you are light...
20.jpg
4.jpg

It doesn't bypass it but solidifies the light which makes you actually hit the light
8.jpg

Garp hit the full intangible Phoenix and hit his true body and after couldn't regen because of the haki which we know he used because that's the only thing in one piece that hits intangible things solid so it hits the true body.

Last edited:

Anything you said was already covered in my very first paragraph presented on this thread. And I really hate to repeat myself but since you want to straight up ignore it, so be it. Busoshouku Haki doesn't prevent/nullify the Devil fruit user from using his powers, Busoshoku haki was never seen or treated to actually prevent Devil fruit user from using their powers, in the latter Ceaser was still capable of transforming himself into Gas to avoid Luffy's haki-imbued punches as well as using his other Gas-related powers. Busoshoku haki allows you to touch Logia's true body or Elemental beings, but ZOANs ARE NOT TREATED AS SUCH, therefore Busoshoku Haki cannot negate the powers from Zoan users, if Devil fruit negation is a thing then no Zoan user should be capable of transforming into Furries. (Because Devil fruit negation would imply that Zoan users aka Transforming into animals can be negated by simply punching them with haki-imbued fists)

IMG_20210928_080932.jpg

Marco specifically states "healing speed", in other words his blue flames (which he controls at will) enhancing the natural healing process of other people, but a lesser effect, but to him, it's nigh-instantly.
For example, a little girl breaks her leg, Marco's blue flames would fix it within 1 min or 3 mins. Keep in mind, Marco is not a Logia, he's just a Rare Zoan user, meaning his healing process must be that fast that even Kizaru's Yasakani no Magatama couldn't bypass it.

By the way Akainu haki > Marco...
9.png

You can use haki with your devil fruit... But it wouldn't resist/or do anything if you have weaker haki

0519-009.png

Devil fruit Negation would also imply, our rubber boy would no longer be able to stretch.

edit: Even Luffy himself was wondering why she was able to hurt him despite his rubber body, the latter he confirms he's still able to stretch and was even more confused than before.

When he transform into the full Phoenix he turn intangible.... If hes hybrid he has intangible wings but not intangible body...
3.png
Zoans are not intangibles. The flames have pressure (tangible) and form a Zoan body that regenerates when damaged.

Each day you only really prove to be a monkey.

Zoans are not intangibles. The flames have pressure (tangible) and form a Zoan body that regenerates when damaged.

Each day you only really prove to be a monkey.
So you are saying he's blue flames aren't intangible...
3.png

Also
Elemental Intangibility (Marco literally has it on his profile)

I guess the monkey knows more than you.

Hating a series or not there is no need to be hostile here. This is not even a major change or a big enough change to justify hostility

Anything you said was already covered in my very first paragraph presented on this thread. And I really hate to repeat myself but since you want to straight up ignore it, so be it. Busoshouku Haki doesn't prevent/nullify the Devil fruit user from using his powers, Busoshoku haki was never seen or treated to actually prevent Devil fruit user from using their powers, in the latter Ceaser was still capable of transforming himself into Gas to avoid Luffy's haki-imbued punches as well as using his other Gas-related powers. Busoshoku haki allows you to touch Logia's true body or Elemental beings, but ZOANs ARE NOT TREATED AS SUCH, therefore Busoshoku Haki cannot negate the powers from Zoan users, if Devil fruit negation is a thing then no Zoan user should be capable of transforming into Furries. (Because Devil fruit negation would imply that Zoan users aka Transforming into animals can be negated by simply punching them with haki-imbued fists)

IMG_20210928_080932.jpg

Marco specifically states "healing speed", in other words his blue flames (which he controls at will) enhancing the natural healing process of other people, but a lesser effect, but to him, it's nigh-instantly.
For example, a little girl breaks her leg, Marco's blue

flames would fix it within 1 min or 3 mins. Keep in mind, Marco is not a Logia, he's just a Rare Zoan user, meaning his healing process must be that fast that even Kizaru's Yasakani no Magatama couldn't bypass it.
I never said that busoshoku nullifies logia. And what does Marco's healing speed have to do with this topic? are you really paying attention to something?

By the way, I totally agree with the yasaki no magatana argument. Who even refuted the dog shit your monkey friend is talking about (still liked your comment)

By the way, I totally agree with the yasaki no magatana argument. Who even refuted the dog shit your monkey friend is talking about (still liked your comment)
How am I her/his friend?

Literally mostly everything I have said is what's on the profile... Also your getting mad for no reason, could be because you realized you were wrong.

Back