• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manga translations take a while so they probably reached shia like a month or so ago, but she has been introduced in the manga, so hey why not do some fan service of her right?

I read the web novel before....I dropped it after Hajime did something I didn't like because of his teacher's talk no jutsu. Also, things got boring really fast after he met that vampire girl...Volume 1 was so good, every thing afterwards just seemed subpar to me.

This is just my opinion though.

@Yung Aiko's talk no jutsu? Can't remember what she did, but the thing with hajime is he doesn't give a damn about the world or anyone else except the people he cares for, initially he only respected aiko as a teacher, so if she convinced him to do anything, it isn't cause he felt he needed to do it cause of some duty to the world or something, it's cause someone he cares for wants him to.

Agreed though that vol 1 was good, then it started going the harem route, would have prefered it was just hajime and yue. Albeit hajime resisted the harem strongly and wasn't dense like other protags he knew they liked him and rejected them, but they were persistent, so he started to care for them, and eventually gave up.

I think the Harem aspect is what ruined Arifureta, it was really good up until random girls started showing up, and messing up Hajime's character development.

I think The Dungeon Seeker handled a similar plot a lot better, my only problem with the Dungeon Seeker was that the dugeon saga was way too drawn out, the manga handles it a lot better because it speeds through the floors fairly quickly. Once we got 11 or 12 floors into the dungeon, I was ready to get the hell out of that dungeon my damn self!!

back to Arifureta!!

I give Volume 1 8.4/10 everything after was 5/10 at best. This isn't dissing anyone who likes it, i'm just giving my thoughts on the series.

@Yung Fair assessment.

Although, don't really think the girls messed up his character development, hajime is the same character as he was before the other girls. If he never met yue hajime would have just become a killing machine and not care about anything, yue made him feel again.

With the other girls, it's more like he sort of corrupts them, shia and tio get his no mercy sort of attitude when it comes to fightning, but shizuku and kaori are still the good girls really who want to help people, for exampe if a city gets attacked, hajime would be like that's not my problem but shizuku and kaori would want to help the city, hajime still wouldn't care about what happens to the city but he would save them cause shizuku and kaori want to, and it would make them happy.

@Celestial Pegasus

I read it around two years ago, and at that point I already had a lot of issues with the story.....So I don't really remember the specifics. I think it was an action that Hajime did that was sorta out of character and in an opposite direction from where his chracter was previously leading up to, all because his teacher said something to him.

I liked the Edgy Hajime more than the flip-flop Hajime who is good when a girl he likes wants him to be good.

Even though sometimes Hajime could be a little too edgy, it was an interesting direction for his character and it was completely ruined by his harem and his teacher.

Junpei(MC of Dungeon Seeker) has very similar charcter development but never becomes too edgy and isn't dissuaded from pursuing his goals and following his beliefs even in light of romance.

.......Since I read so many of these japanese web novels I think I might start making discussion threads of them to grant more exposure.

@Celestial Pegasus

After Hajime's struggle in that cave or dungeon(I forgot where he was) it was strange for him to have the capacity to care for anyone who isn't Kaori. Yue was the begining of my major problems with the story.

Yue was a companion for him and they both went through life threatening battles together, and spent like a month together at the end of vol 1, it makes sense why he would care for her.

So you just wanted a completely edgy hajime with no emotions or care for anyone then, hajime is already edgy enough, don't need him to be razor sharp.

I think his name was hiyama? He is so irrelevant i don't even remember his name lol. Hajime didn't give a damn when he came back and saw him, he was long past caring, then the scumbag tried to pull some shady stuff and hajime took him out.

I WAS SURE OF IT!I thought this guy is fishy why did he do it? jealousy? OvO

• I would like to know what is the scan from which he finds his class?

Hiyama from what i remember basically wanted kaori for himself, so he wanted to take out hajime whom kaori liked.

What scan are you talking about? If you mean when he reunites with his classmates, that's in volume 3 of the light novel, like about half way through i think.

ok thank you, my vacation starts tomorrow, I think I read a part of the LN (I started and I get lost with the name OvO)

Well the links to the ln and wn are in the op of this thread if you need them.

The ln ends at about chapter 112 of the wn, so once you finished the ln, start there in the wn.

Although volume 7 of the ln is coming out in 4 days, so the ln will be further ahead than that, don't know how long it will take to be translated though.

Soooooo

How god will this series be received you think? Is it harem show right? I mean there nothing wrong with the MC gaining harem, it's when the focus of the story becomes the MC and his girls that is when most people find it generic and boring

Then again SAO is harem show with no redeeming aspect but it's popular as hell "don't know why " all you need these days is some good art and animation + some ost to make successful anime

The main story of the series is basically hajime going from labyrinth to labyrinth gathering age of god magics which was left behind by the liberators, i can get into that in more details if you want but it's spoilers.

Along the way though, every volume to be accurate, hajime gains a new harem member, thing is, he is adamantly against having a harem, as he already has a lover, but the girls still stick to him despite that, and then even his own lover wants the harem, but he still said no, he doesn't accept it up until the last arc of the main story.

So basically the whole series hajime is trying to be a loyal guy lol.

You just said "last arc", so this is originally a Web Novel?

I mean even if you have a lover and she's okay with having a harem some guys may find it annoying to deal with all those girls everytime, popular guys may share this opinion lel

So it's your typical gain new girl every volume? you know index started like this but with time it shifted from this route and focused more on the story and characters, besides Othinus Touma didn't gain any harem member in the past 20 volumes but then again this was never the main focus of the series

It's the most selling LN in Japan, it used to sell 200K copy for each Volume when the anime was airing and it's coming back now

What matters in the end, is the approach you take

It's a web novel, that's still on going, a new chapter gets released every saturday. The main story is a 178 chapters, and then there are the after stories, which are continuing.

Well not exactly every volume, volume 1 he meets yue, volume 2 it's shia, 3 it's tio, 4 i think aiko and kaori, 5 no one, 6 no one, it won't be until 7 i think until shizuku gets added.

But yea the story doesn't revolve around the harem, it's about going to the labrinths and getting new abilities, and learning about the liberators.

It's the after stories that focuses on the harem, cause by then hajime has accepted the harem, and the after stories are slice of lice type things most of time, and then each girl gets an arc dedicated to them.

>After story extra

I never get the point of those, you can make chapter or two but that about it how can you end the story but still write chapters pointlessly?

So harem stuff aside does the MC get his ass beat often or he's Deus ex machina from the start ?

Hajime got rekted at the start, he was the weakest among his classmate who got summoned to another world. But even then used his limited abilities to help his class, then while they were in a labyrinth, one of his scumbag classmates caused him to fall into the lower layers of the labyrinth.

Long story short he got rekt massively, lost an arm, and an eye, was close to death, due to holy water which healed injuries and monster meat which is poisonous, his body was forced to evolve, enter white hair hajime.

From that point on he was op, but he was still challenged, he got severely hurt by a guy named freed, but that was a sneak attack, after that ehito, main villain of the series, rekt him and his harem, and took yue away from him.

The fatal thing was ehito though was that he gave hajime too much time, so he came up with various ways to kill ehito, still though ehito wouldn't die, even being erased from existence didn't kill that guy. And hajime and co were left helpless when ehito died which caused everything he built to collapse and would have destroyed the entire planet. They had to be saved by miledy, a liberator, who used a literal black hole to absorb all the damage. So yea he gets his ass beat

So he was weak at first and then got White hair after he became OP ? I am getting TG vibes here lol

Good to know he will get his ass beat from time to time

Too bad the anime won't come until April though

You could always just read the light novel and web novel which are linked in the op, but if you wanna wait for the anime, cool.

Yup, never liked the idea of reading ln's before, but then forced myself to do it, and now i have started reading visual novels as well, i prefer visual novels over ln's now, due to the images and voice acting and stuff.

Of course, VN are superior because it have voice acting and ost

At first, I could only watch anime, then I started reading manga just fine and got to the point where I don't bother with some anime episode if I read the manga, I read only very few VN but they were ok

I can't for the life of me enjoy the LN tho, I mean it just text above text so unless I am really attached to the series I won't read it

The manga only has like what? 15 chapters i think, i mean i like the art, but the manga skips out some details if i remember correctly, it's pretty fast pased compared to the ln, but who knows, you might like that, so if you have time, go ahead and read it i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back