• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Discussion Thread 2

Awakened people?
you know the people who got awakened after Hajime restore the king tree ( omnibus, onmyouji, shadow monks ...)
That too was caused by the existences of the awakened.

No matter how complete Hajime’s control over the willpower of this planet was, there was nothing that could be done about the people who already awakened. It was a power that earthling possessed from the start. It was something that was produced inside the body of anyone living, so they would be able to use power no matter what unless they were massacred or something.

Also, it was thought that the awakened was people with high aptitude──like the descendant of people who married with other species who woke up to their power right away after the King Tree was revived, but in the end it was just a hypothesis. There was no guarantee that awakened people would stop appearing from here on. ch 425

I just remember something, didn't Lutria effect the crystla key portal when hajime used it (he wasn't serious, but this is the afterstory )
「Or rather, the teleport destination, it got slightly shifted……this star tree is something, not bad.」

Hajime who grumbled that looked around and smiled wryly.

The place they teleported to seemed to be the edge of the star tree’s solitary island――above a cliff. They planned to teleport directly to the star tree’s location, but apparently the space was interfered with and they ended up on the island’s edge.

In the end, was it the star tree that was absurd with how it obstructed the Crystal Key’s teleportation ability, or was it the Crystal Key that was absurd with how it overcame the obstruction of a god of a world and teleported the user through even if it was only to the edge of the stronghold? ch 340
also some apparition who could manipulate space like the dragon gods that Yue fought, couldn't bypass the heaven tree barrier

Last edited:
I think willpower is influenced by their environment and belief , japan got Shinto (onmyouji), china got Buddhism (shadow monks) etc.
not just that their power is sometimes related to their ancestry (demons, apparitions...)
basically earthling got a very haxy adaptation (there is so much potential don't see why the author will stop)

imagine someone manifesting a STAND just for being a JOJO fan (Yue, Kaori and her mom)

Last edited:
The guardians of the tree, what do you think ? (Tortus before Ehit)
「……Four, great spirits?」

The winged woman of the sacred peak who possessed the ability to rule over the weather, the spirit of four seasons who was in charge of the world’s climate, Leidia.

The great snake of the mountains and hills who possessed authority over the planet’s force itself, the spirit of creation who managed the land and magic particles, Grandia.

The centaur who possessed the authority of omnipresent space and time, the spirit of protection who managed the time and space, Fordia.

The maiden of the lake who possessed the authority of the transmigration of life, the spirit of life who managed the water and soul, Urdia.

The new spherical display projected the great tree Ua Alto and the great spirits who peacefully served it with respect from the four directions. The great tree stood far taller than even its current self with height that pierced the sky. Its branches and leaves were luscious and gentle light enveloped the whole thing. It was radiating sacredness that made it worthy to be described as god tree.

Yes, the four great spirits were existences that the great tree gave birth to in order to keep the world in balance.

「An era that preceded even the liberators a long time ago……it’s truly a sight from the age of god huh.」
arifureta-2nd-season-blu-ray-ss-chapter-4

There powers don't come from magic but authorities more powerful than ancient magic(except concept magic).
This is what they could do
First, FordiaSpirit of Protection was taken down at the fortress of the southern continent. At his last moment, the Centauros who was able to freely control time and space made his authority went berserk and created the stagnation phenomenon of molecular movement, which resulted in the land of extreme cold within a limited area.

As could be easily guessed, it was the snowy region that was always freezing for thousands of years――[Schnee Snowfield].

Next, LeidiaSpirit of Four Seasons was taken down at the [Northern Mountain Range]. The death of the Harpy caused the change of season to be lost to the world. In exchange the mountain range became the only place that was ruled by chaotic seasons for eternity.

And last, GrandiaSpirit of Creation used up its life to divide the continent into the north and south before it ran out of strength.

It did that in order to protect at least the living things in the south continent from the effect of the humongous magic that “he” fired from the [God Mountain] toward the south. It created a great valley and disintegrated its body to seep into the valley, creating a barrier of magic dispersion. That was the origin of [Raisen Great Valley].
arifureta-2nd-season-blu-ray-ss-chapter-4

Last edited:
If a character ability come from an Authority and not ancient magic, does it count as law and concept ?

The tree's avatars like Lutria and Aula power come from the tree , like gravity and space manipulation, limited omnipresent on the planet, summoning, control over energy, for example Aula as an avatar had authority to interfere with thought element when she was an avatar, Lutria used her Authority to prevent Hajime from from teleporting using the crystal key or help Yue effect the whole planet, and probably the same thing the Witch used to send Hajime and Shia to Hell.

When lutria's gravity and space manipulation and BFR was able to effect Shia who can resist main story Yue, Hajime casually resist it, is that a layer ?

also the Authority is something that each Tree has and used by the Avatar. (check my previous post THE GUARDIANSOF THE TREE)

Hajime's Lutria orb, Aiko's protection wand and probably Kouki's sword because they originate from the tree (contain a piece of it) .

So what do you think ?

Last edited:
They can sense being scanned or analyzed (the square pyramid is an ancient artifact, probably used info magic)
It had the size of something that could be held with both hands, with metallic frame that had white base color and no seam at all on its surface. It was also making no sound and floated by ignoring gravity completely. From the side, it was like a terminal that came out in SF movie.

It felt like time stopped for Hajime and co seeing the object that looked really out of place in a fantasy world.

Using that opening, Uuunn it made a sound like a pulled bowstring. An uncomfortable feeling that would go unnoticed unless the person focused passed through their bodies.

「Tsu, what’s this? We’re scanned?」

Surely that was correct. arifureta-2nd-season-blu-ray-ss-chapter-2

Are divine spirit something like AE type 2
「Is that because it’s her personally? Or is it because she has the divinity to govern a part of the nature as someone personally created by an avatar?」

「I don’t know about that. Or rather I don’t understand what kind of law this person called Lutria used to create this child. I can understand why her aptitude is so high if the way she created her was by sharing her own existence, but that should be a difficult method that might destroy herself if she took just a single wrong step. I too can possibly do something like that, but I never considered doing it. I think the possibility of that child having high aptitude coincidentally is higher.」ch 388

I'm still not reading the content from the new translated blue-ray, maybe a month after I will finally do so but currently still no, so I'm not paying any attention to the quotes you post about that to not spoiler myself.

More info on Demons and Hell
At the same time, the bloody wind that was blowing violently in hell――that which was called as “the wind of lamentation”, seemed usable to form a transient flesh body which was centered on the soul.

Although, in the first place, “hell” was a world that wasn’t suitable for people with a flesh body to continue to exist. Thus, just like how those ghoul-like things looked like that, the flesh body there was constantly incomplete and ugly. As for their ability to think, people whose soul was of particularly fine quality when they were human would have it to a certain degree, but normal people were only able to act instinctually.

「That is the reason why they are trying to descend into this world. If they are able to materialize on Earth, they will be able to maintain a definite flesh body. Like that, naturally, the rank of their soul will rise, and they will be able to take back their thinking ability.」ch 308
so "Wind of lamentation" effect the body and soul, is that corruption?
(weak souls lose their body and thinking ability until they leave HELL, and probably their sunlight weakness is because their bodies made from “the wind of lamentation”)

humans adapt to hell
There was no clear division. If there was an other-worlder who sided with Earth, then there was also an earthling who sided with the other world.

But, it seemed definitive that there was an outbreak of conflict that crossed the two worlds.

As a result, a power that was equal to the work of god transformed the other world into “hell”, and the losers were locked in that world.

「The demons are the other-worlders who lost the conflict, and the earthlings who sided with those other-worlders — being reduced to a mere shadow of their former selves. My understanding still cannot catch up with the details, but in order to survive in that changed world, they devised a method to survive with only their souls.」ch 308

Last edited:
Shouldn't Yue get power mimicry for copying some spells after seeing them for the first time (Miledi's gravity spells, Fried's space manipulation spells, Ehit's divine edict...) maybe Ehit too for copying her elemental dragons, she also got something like power nullification and absorption in the new SS .

Last edited:
Lol definitely not the adaptation I wanted for this beloved series
I remember talking with my friend back to 2015 (when the closest thing to illustrations of the characters were some fanarts) about how we expected/hoped it to be animated and things like that. It certainly isn't was I hoped then, but even with its bad/meh thing I still like it and can enjoy it, so I'm fine with it (specially the second season, the first half of first season was something erased from my brain, we don't talk about it).

Most isekai anime focuses just on introducing people to the light novel, but here both the adaptation (anime and manga) are terrible except ZERO manga.
also too many skipped content and not a single fight was done right. To me the anime is like Dragon Ball Evolution (ignore it doesn't exist)

Last edited:
What do you think ?
There is an apparition that can cause misfortune (bad luck) to people who touch his blood
――Apparition Kisha

Its other name was Sougu or Nine Headed Bird. It was a strangely shaped bird with nine heads. Blood was constantly splattered from one of the heads and poured down from the gust that its wings caused.

「Sharif-san!」

「Acknowledged――god’s shield protects me. Light of salvation that cut off the evil of the wicked and protect the righteous!」

The user of tower shield holy vessel, an exorcist who looked like a worn out salary man in a glance――Sharif Yeast’s shield of protection became a shining dome that protected his allies.

The barrier was like an inferior version of “Holy Severance”. The disgusting black blood was blocked by it and slid down its surface.

The effect caused a drop of blood to unluckily flew outside the barrier and landed on Archer 4――the name of the squad at the southeast theater was “Archer” ――he let out a scream at the same time when an explosion sound went off.

When everyone looked over there in surprise, it seemed that his automatic rifle unluckily exploded. His hands lost their original shape.

「Move him into the base! Ask Miss Emily to treat him! Archer 6, cover him!」

The squad leader Archer 1 immediately gave an instruction. Archer 5 who was beside Archer 4 took out a small metal plat, made its surface slid while placing it on the ground beside Archer 4.

The magic circle was completed by sliding a part of its surface. Magic power circulated and the artifact with the same structure like Hauria style’s “teleportation artifact” activated. If Archer 4 was put into the gate that was formed on the ground, he could be moved to the first-aid station at the shrine. After that Emily and an Arachne who had been enchanted with regeneration magic should heal him.

The elderly nobleman watched that from the corner of his gaze while realizing the enemy’s true identity.

「That’s most likely Kisha! Its blood bring misfortune! It also has a legend as soul eater!」

Coincidentally after those words were said, the legend was proved as correct.

One of the Haurias who fired a crossbow――Nea suddenly fell unconscious and collapsed. ch 420

Last edited:
Author's announcement
b2wj2qkfoppa1.jpg

The war part was so good, like really good, how we could see the change between the students getting stomped in the past by apostles vs facing them on superior grounds really made it more impressive, and how all the other characters so far in the story had their own protagonism made it have quite the impact, specially because various after stories characters began to show earlier their character, like Helina for example almost dying by fighting an apostle to protect Lily. Side note but seems like Helina is descendant of the hero in Zero, the subordinate of Laus and guard of Sharm.

However, what was truly crazy stuff was the Hajime vs Ehit. I have always thought that the Hajime vs Ehit in the wn is the best last battle of all the stories I have ever read/see, but this vol made it so much more epic that is another level. Hajime have become super broken now with all the stuff he showed this vol, like absurdly strong.

The end was how I expected, and despite know about the after stories I couldn't help to be really excited, when I saw Shirakome confirming how he want and try to publish the after stories as ln I honestly began to dance from the emotion.

And the Miledi epilogue, god bless Shirakome, she and Oscar finally had their chance to be happy. Geniunely speaking after read it I now would like a spin-off or something about their new story, even if is story without any type of action, or at least that they encounter Hajime and begin to appear in the after stories, though I know how unlikely it is to happen.

There are several more details that I want to comment, like how Freid and Uranus seem to be hinted reincarned in the Sky Dragon World, how there is at least one of the classmates (Kotone) that will probably become a Fleur Knight, how vampire Hajime is something quite interesting, etc. but they are just so many things that I wouldn't end talking.

I already have the sandbox of the crt with all the things, I'm just waiting a bit before posting it.

The war part was so good, like really good, how we could see the change between the students getting stomped in the past by apostles vs facing them on superior grounds really made it more impressive, and how all the other characters so far in the story had their own protagonism made it have quite the impact, specially because various after stories characters began to show earlier their character, like Helina for example almost dying by fighting an apostle to protect Lily. Side note but seems like Helina is descendant of the hero in Zero, the subordinate of Laus and guard of Sharm.
Agreed it was really good, probably surpassing V11 for me. Shea's fight against the Platinum Apostles was my favorite but its been stolen by Hajime vs Ehit.
However, what was truly crazy stuff was the Hajime vs Ehit. I have always thought that the Hajime vs Ehit in the wn is the best last battle of all the stories I have ever read/see, but this vol made it so much more epic that is another level. Hajime have become super broken now with all the stuff he showed this vol, like absurdly strong.
Pretty damn good
The end was how I expected, and despite know about the after stories I couldn't help to be really excited, when I saw Shirakome confirming how he want and try to publish the after stories as ln I honestly began to dance from the emotion.
We'll see what happens.
Kotone? Who?
I already have the sandbox of the crt with all the things, I'm just waiting a bit before posting it.
Word.

Agreed it was really good, probably surpassing V11 for me. Shea's fight against the Platinum Apostles was my favorite but its been stolen by Hajime vs Ehit.
Hajime vs Ehit is peak fiction combat, I literally have never see a final fight in a series be so good (and I'm not only talking about the fight itself but also the other elements involved like the strategy aspect, the plot weight, the showing of characters evolution, etc).
Kotone? Who?
One of the nominally important characters (as stated by the book itself in the dramatis personae).

Back