• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Discussion Thread 2

Aside from the most horrible battle CGI you could see they cut and changed a lot of things from vol 1 and 2, the vol 2 was specially painful since they skipped like around 140 pages and basically destroyed the base of development of one of the characters more important in the series and with one of the greatess development, from that point onward it was a fine adaptation.

Better begin directly with the novel or the manga if you want, the anime is actually entertaining but don't give the best first impression.
So you're saying i should skip the anime and just read the ln instead?

What kind of a character is hajime? My friend said he is kind of an edgy character.is it true?
Ig u could say edgy. Basically a badass, not that horny(unless needed), internal type character. He’s “ruthless” at some points but at others he’s soft. The best comparison I can think of rn is Anos, Naofumi, and Ikki. Except his personality is alittle more different.

Ig u could say edgy. Basically a badass, not that horny(unless needed), internal type character. He’s “ruthless” at some points but at others he’s soft. The best comparison I can think of rn is Anos, Naofumi, and Ikki. Except his personality is alittle more different.
I do like anos, so i probably like him.

So you're saying i should skip the anime and just read the ln instead?
Yes, would be better.
What kind of a character is hajime? My friend said he is kind of an edgy character.is it true?
More or less, visually he is and various time he really appear like that but inside he actually don't want to be edgy, is even a common joke how he ger depressed when understanding how edgy he look because that make him remember his chuuni time years ago.

He is ruthless against most people do to the events of vol 1 but after each encounter with new girls and people in general he begin to turn softer, he begin to regain that warm part of his original self but without forgeting his new self creating. His story is basically the story of someone that after touch the bottom regain his light do to the people in his surroundings.

He is ruthless against most people do to the events of vol 1 but after each encounter with new girls and people in general he begin to turn softer, he begin to regain that warm part of his original self but without forgeting his new self creating. His story is basically the story of someone that after touch the bottom regain his light do to the people in his surroundings.
Sound like a pretty good story.how many volume are there right now?.

Is it finish or ongoing?

Sound like a pretty good story.how many volume are there right now?.

Is it finish or ongoing?
Light novel vols currently are 11 and in some months the 12 will be translated, after the events of vol 12 there are the web novel in which happen the after stories which tell the events after vol 12 (eventually will probably be adapted as light novel), and there also exist the spin off Zero which tell the story of thousands of years before the currents events.

Light novel vols currently are 11 and in some months the 12 will be translated, after the events of vol 12 there are the web novel in which happen the after stories which tell the events after vol 12 (eventually will probably be adapted as light novel), and there also exist the spin off Zero which tell the story of thousands of years before the currents events.
If there is only 11 vol, then i will probably read it tomorrow.

Forgot to mention it but finished Zero vol 2, the vols in Zero really feel more dense than in the main story.

The dinamic between Miledi and Meiru was good, they really reflect the personalities one expected from the bits of the main story and develop it more in a interesting way that go along with the feeling of the main story.

Laus character is more interesting than what I thought, so far is the character that surprised me the most since his peeaonality and the problems he face were things I honestly didn't expected. Also, was good to see that my wish of more interaction with special magic users was fulfilled.

And I get the feeling that with the illustrations of the manga there could some calcs for the Liberators with the fights in Andika, though gonna stop of talk about calcs until I actually begin to make them.

Finished Zero vol 3 and things are really interesting.

With each passing moment I believe more firmly that Meiru is like Goku, genius in combat but super dumb in everything else, like I'm seriously thinking that her intelligence rating should be below average normally and genius in combat and magic, like yhe ability to use water magic to sleep with the eyes open without be noticed is the peak of useless display of skill. That aside today I had a dream and noticed that the restoration ability of Meiru is really wasted because with it she should be able to make the supplies never run out, I mean she could use a bit of magic to restore all their potions, including mana potions so in this way in exchange of a bit of her magic she could at practical effects gain a infinite many supply, same with their food, it terriying how useful coukd actually be if the magic was used in more effectives ways.

Vandree personality is like I expected initially but his tsundere side was something that surprised me, the muffler thing was also unexpected and while before I could had be with Oscar about them not been cool right now do to other novel called Magiex I can't say that, now I'm with Vandree about mufflers been cool. The story of Vandree was also good and I really liked how even thousands of years before the dragonmen were still as great as in the main story.

With Zero is really show at full how charismatic Miledi actually is, we knew that no one that meet her can forget her do to the main story but Zero developed more his charisma aside from her annoying part, she is practically described as the avatar of the sun in each vol do to how bright and charismatic she is.

Laus situation each time is worse because really everyone around him is crazy do to the chruch, his friends, family, wife, the only saving grace is his son but even then his situation is desparing.

The hardest thing about writing Zero is figuring out how to deal with power creep. Miledi’s too strong, and Oscar’s too versatile. And now that they’ve got even more ancient magic users on their side, there’s practically nothing they can’t do. Everyone’s so overpowered that their enemies all look like chumps in comparison. And I’m running out of overpowered enemies to throw at them. It’s only after I started writing Zero that I realized just how amazing the Liberators really were.
And yes, Shirakome is right, the Liberators are so amazing and op that I genuinely don't understand how is that a single Apostle will give them such a hard time next vol or how the chruch defeated them even after they master their ancient magic, is crazy the level of everything.

Yea I am interested to see how their defeat happens next volume, cause as you said after mastering their magic they shoukd be very powerful.

Is it just really sheer apostles numbers alone or as I have been predicting, Alva was involved.

I enjoy the Liberators story and characters, which makes it all the more sad knowing how it will end.

Yea I am interested to see how their defeat happens next volume, cause as you said after mastering their magic they shoukd be very powerful.

Is it just really sheer apostles numbers alone or as I have been predicting, Alva was involved.

I enjoy the Liberators story and characters, which makes it all the more sad knowing how it will end.
Considering that the one that possessed Rasul and all the demon lords was probably Alva is something quite possible that he appear and fight them seriously.

Yeah, their story is just so amazing and entertaining that it hurt when one remember their end.

Finished vol 4 and damn, it really feel like the end is near.

Lyutillis was as expected based in the events of the after stories and the words of Shirakome. Still, I ship her with Badd since not only Badd love her but she herself also seem to be specially sharp towards Badd even if she herself don't notice it.

Miledi was just glorious in all senses, in a moral sense and battle sense. She went from be stomped by a Apostle even when working together with the rest of Liberators to barely match an Apostle, to bareeely survive an amped Apostle, to stomp said amp Apostle in the same fight, her strength growth is incredible and her speed growth is also amazing considering that she went from be in a speed disadvantage against base Apostle despite use the at least 3x amp of Lyutillis and futher amp her speed a tenfold with gravity spheres and have the increased perception of the glasses, to be blitzed by an amped Apostle just to then go to blitz said Apostle without the glasses help or gravity spheres amp, but the most astonishing thing is her skill growth since she leatned the true power of her magic, masterd the concept of gravity magic and obtained unlimited energy. Honestly this point Miledi should have her own key since the ap and speed increase are significantly, along with her skill and power increase, is true that probably her final vol version will have another key but even with that the profile should account for this part of her. Additionally I don't really understand the purpose of the Awakened Power ability but Miledi definitely need it, in general most of the charcters (at least the main characters) show to awaken powers in tough situations.

Laus finally become free which made my happy, is true that most of his family still are fanatics but well, at least he and his son are now free. Really, Laus is surprisingly one of the characters I like the most from Zero.

And talking about feats there is a scene in which 100 airships were shot down and Oscar golem and chains caught around 97-98 airships:
Miledi directed her gaze far to the south and saw over a hundred airships arrayed in three vertical rows heading toward the forest. All of the airships were flying the Grandort Empire’s flags from their mainmasts. Their sails were engraved with massive magic circles, and those sails were all radiating light. These were the empire’s famous siege warships.

A second later, there was a thunderous explosion, and about 40% of the empire’s airships got blown apart. Most of those that got hit looked like they were part of the flagship fleet too. The explosion shattered their masts, which were what cast the mage’s siege spells, as well as the magic engines located on the ships’ sterns. The damaged ships began to tilt as they fell to the ground. The explosion was followed up by a downburst of ice, snow, and moonlight-colored mana, which froze the remaining ships’ masts, disabling their weapons. Then, just to make completely sure the empire’s fleet was neutralized, a hailstorm of enchanted swords rained down on the ships. The frozen masts shattered to pieces, and the few ships who’d managed to escape the onslaught had their engines and sails petrified by a follow-up of homing blades. Once the dust had settled, only a scant twenty ships remained in the air.

She then turned south and saw that the remaining few airships had been shot down by a storm of ice breath and enchanted weapons. Before all the airships could crash onto the ground, a giant golem appeared out of nowhere to gently lower them down. Many of the ones it couldn’t reach with its hands it caught with the numerous chains that shot out of its body. A hundred or so wyverns also came out of nowhere to catch the few remaining ships and slow their fall. Of course, the mages on the ships tried to fire at the wyverns and the golem, but the sudden change in the situation had left them disoriented. Their half-baked counterattacks didn’t even register to the two people who’d shot them down. Vol 4, Chapter IV
Based in a google modern blimps weight 20,000lbs/9,071.8474kg without gas to float (based in the fact that they were falling do to be unable to continue flying because of the damage I will use said value), so 9,071.8474kg x 97-98 = 879,969.1978-889,041.0452 kg, which is Class K, alternatively if we use as base value the weight of Zeppelins since they were war airships and Shirakome love the german culture (to the point of use elements of said culture in the story, like names and weapons) then would be 12tons x 97-98 = 1,164-1,176kg which is Class M. This would scale to Oscar golem and chains and since basically match his chains and can free from them pretty much everyone would probably scale.

Just finished the first chapter of vol 5 so before the moment pass I want to say Honest Miledi is at least as cute as Shizuku and Yuuka, possibly even more.

Finished Zero vol 5. It happened a lot of things and they were really interesting but with the end of the vol and the next one I just actually have two things to say:
1) Hope they beat the shit out of those *************.
2) I hope that at least even after everything end they way will be the ships end together. I will be mad if Naiz don't end with mini Yunfas and Sushas, but I will end specially mad if there don't appear at least thirteen mini Oscars and Miledis, seriously.

I just want a somewhat satisfying conclusion, although i know it's suppose to be sad.
I know it's supposed to be sad, but as long they continue to live their lives in a happy way after that then I'm happy, I mean that they just should go to die in their labyrinths after they already made a family and lived dozens of years more after their defeat.

F*ck, I need to read the recent chapters that since I lost internet in my home I got stuck at chapter 427 (already four months without internet, I feel like dying while seeing the same tv chapters repeated the same day or week). And what a sad new, I honestly believe that the afterstories still have enough material to continue for more years, maybe when they get published as ln version they will get expanded or there will be an afterstories of the afterstories. Vol 13 I suppose is the beginning of the afterstories adaptation right?

Volume 13 is the last of the main story, hence why the author was talking about ending the afterstories, since they wanted both the main story of the Ln and Wn afterstories to end around the same time.

Volume 13 is the last of the main story, hence why the author was talking about ending the afterstories, since they wanted both the main story of the Ln and Wn afterstories to end around the same time.
Its really gonna take two volumes to conclude the main story? Damn. I really don't want to get blue balled. V11 was a great suspenseful ending but if V12 ends mid battle..... Or is only the ground battle.....bruh no.

Don't know how the war against Ehit force will take two vols so maybe Shirakome will do a big change at the end to extend it another vol. June 23 is when the digital english version is supposed to come out so we should discover what happened soon.

I'm fine with the main story of the Ln and Wn afterstories ending at the same time as long the afterstories Ln version and the Wn after-afterstories also begin at the same time.

that'll be the biggest plot twist Shirakome-sensei will pull though make a WN after-after stories lolol

The last days I was thinking in LS feats after discover a certain way to get LS and then yesterday casually while thinking in a feat of another novel I suddenly remembered the Meeres calc and noticed something, the thing is actually also a LS feat (I also confirmed with Clover if can be used as LS and he said yes) so Class E is a thing.

I mean Meeres did move the ocean right? But isn't that considered ap based hax?
Don't know what you mean by ap based hax.

Maybe you try to say telekinesis based LS? In which you could be right only in Meeres case, but since all divine spirits are comparable between themselves (except Soare who seem to actually be above the rest, possibly since she emboid two elements like fire and light), the fact that they are comparable is even made more clear when they were affecting all of Japan with their powers, Enti (who is said to control the world's wind) controlled the winds of all over Japan and stopped the large typhoons all over the country, Oros controlled the earth of all Japan and stoped the quake all over the country, Barahu controlled and stopped the blizzard all over Japan, Udar controlled the thunderclouds all over Japan and so, so is clearly show that the divine spirits powers are comparable between them, and they were directly compared by Shia to Apostles. As a note Hajime also faced Meeres in the ocean while also figthing simultaneously against Enti, Barahu, Soare and Laila, so it make sense that he scale physically above them. Lutria is also stated and showed to blatantly scale above the divine spirits in everything, and Shia faced her without problem even when taking care of not kill her, so Shia similarly also scale.

The last thing is also that while this is the highest LS calc until now actually isn't necessarily so far above another LS feats of the verse. For example, the current Class G (possibly Class T) calc from Kouki is actually a low ball since it isn't taken in account the center of gravity of holding an object so long from the tip of one of his sides, along with not taking in considerating the speeds at which Kouki can move the sword to get the LS via KE, the Class P from Zero vol 2 Miledi is also baseline do to still not be calcec the size of Andika (which is called a masside island with thousands of people and things above) and said feat also apply to the Leviathan which was said to be created by Ehit (Ehit is also actually above that Miledi in gravity magic since he mastered it from thousands of years ago), and there will probably come a big from Miledi in next vol of Zero (probably a tectonic moving feat), heck now that I think about it even the falling Meteors of Hajime are a LS feat (which probably would give high LS results with KE) and people have faced them (come to mind the evil dragon in the Sky Dragon World who was below Tio). So while currently is the highest calced LS feat isn't that far to others LS feats.

I see...

Probably the best to ask the cacl group really since they're more knowledgable in this but ig Meeres calc can be used for LS calc too

I see...

Probably the best to ask the cacl group really since they're more knowledgable in this but ig Meeres calc can be used for LS calc too
I mean, to do the calc was needed to calc the weight of the ocean and use said value to calc how much AP would come from move it, so the thing already is a LS feat, the matter is if said feat is valid to scale to characters like the god (literally gods) tiers which do to the reasons I stated above I think should be the case.

Already downloaded, I'm still in the first pages (just finished the story of Eri) but already saw something that could be added, aparently Kouki body resisted the transformation to Apostle and thus he didn't turned in a full Apostle though he still got stronger, similarly it seem like he needed time to transform, reason of why his body has to sleep most of the time.

As a side note the other day I did a calc that give the main cast first key Class M, now is only left that the blog is approved but in beginning is correct since I did it with the help of a calc member. So the crt with the things of vol 12 could be posted when the calc is accepted to apply everything in one go.

Back