• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AP to shatter a metal prosthesis?

A character loses his arm down to the bone, and has a metal prosthesis put in place. He regularly punches hard enough to shatter this prosthesis, and acknowledges that his previous arm was stronger.

The type of metal is unknown (but is most likely steel), but does anyone have a ballpark estimate for how hard one would have to hit to break a prosthesis of multiple types of metal?

I'm pretty sure it would be wall level but I can't comment on the exact value

This also sounds like a really sucky situation for the character

Maybe the prosthetic just sucks tho

Okay, question from the same verse.

It's probably wall-level, but how high into wall level is a character who can literally just gently move their hand through steel?

As in, they're extending their hand and pushing through a solid mass of steel, which is offering them no resistance whatsoever, through sheer physical strength.

Would probably have to do with tensile strength, but this might end up more as LS than AP.

I can do a calc I suppose, we can get volume of arm and apply destruction of steel.

Can't we just use the mass and then divide it with the density values to figure out stuff? We do it for other calcs.

Yes.

That's literally what I was going to do.

It isn't difficult.

Back