• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not giving anyone the cold shoulder. I am just very tired and unfocused in general.

Code:
He created the attack that has the potential to create a Multiverse.
It's only your opinion.

A6colute said:
He created the attack that has the potential to create a Multiverse.It's only your opinion.
How, if the universes are created "instant by instant as they're precieved" and with no way out for anything with intelligence (However to fit the theme of Gurren Lagann, just because something is impossible, doesn't mean it won't happen. So they escape the Labyrinth) but if they hadn't there would have been an endless amount of universes. And this is all supported by the OFFICIAL translation that the CREATOR gave it "Tagen Uchuu meikyuu" or "ÕñÜÕàâÕ«çÕ«ÖÞ┐ÀÕ««" which both translate to Multiverse Labyrinth. The authors clear intent is that what he created was a Multiversal Labyrinth or he wouldn't have named it as such...so I have a little more basis than it just being my opinion, unless you can prove me wrong?

As far as I saw their physical bodys of those effected were left in place, which makes the interpretation of it as multiverse rather questionable.

Of course one may argue that a universe created only in once mind is a universe as well, but its the difference between dream and reality. If the world 0 is the human world than a dream of a human is a universe as insignificant like a universe is for a being on a higher plane.

Here is what DarkLK told me in private:

"Have you seen the movie Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths? If so, you probably remember how it was explained to cosmology. With every choice made by people alternate universes was created. TTGL probably use a similar principle (uncertainty was mentioned when talking about cosmology). In fact, it is quite common thing in fiction. In my opinion AS just sent a consciousness of people to watch some of their lives in other universes. He did not create these universes. The whole TTGL multiverse is likely classic 11-d one."

And:

"A6colute is right here, you should get the scans where it is clearly stated that the AU has created something."

DontTalk said:
As far as I saw their physical bodys of those effected were left in place, which makes the interpretation of it as multiverse rather questionable.
Of course one may argue that a universe created only in once mind is a universe as well, but its the difference between dream and reality. If the world 0 is the human world than a dream of a human is a universe as insignificant like a universe is for a being on a higher plane.
I'm not an expert in the machinics of universes and multiverses, but why would their physical bodys being left in the same place make it questionable? We don't know how Extradimensional Space works, and there bodies looked pretty wonky. Also wouldn't the new universes created have new versions of them? So why would the people effected bodies change postion?

Antvasima said:
Here is what DarkLK told me in private:
"Have you seen the movie Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths? If so, you probably remember how it was explained to cosmology. With every choice made by people alternate universes was created. TTGL probably use a similar principle (uncertainty was mentioned when talking about cosmology). In fact, it is quite common thing in fiction. In my opinion AS just sent a consciousness of people to watch some of their lives in other universes. He did not create these universes. The whole TTGL multiverse is likely classic 11-d one."

And:

"A6colute is right here, you should get the scans where it is clearly stated that the AU has created something."
But again he is ignoring the fact that they gave their own explaination. And again he created the Extra Dimensional space which creates the universes instant from isntant from their precptions, this is how the series explained, not fans or watchers, the series, which in this case is word of god.

And for the scans, watch the episode, you see the universes created by team Dai-Gurren. There's the proof that something was created. As for proof AS created, he created the Extra Dimensional Space, which in turn created the universes from perceptions, his attack created universes...How about I get a statement that AS didn't create them, because I have gaven enough proof that he has, with out rebutle of my points being wrong may I add.

A6colute said:
We don't know how Extradimensional Space works
Exactly.

We don't know.
Ok, we don't know, so instead of speculation let's go off creator word, and the attack is literally named Multiverse Labyrinth by the creators.

and the attack is literally named Multiverse Labyrinth by the creators.

Name is only a name. I know an attack (from another franchise), which is named "light speed bullet". And this attack is only hypersonic.

A6colute said:
and the attack is literally named Multiverse Labyrinth by the creators.
Name is only a name. I know an attack (from another franchise), which is named "light speed bullet". And this attack is only hypersonic.
Ok, but this series has been up front with naming attacks for example Space-Time Shattering burst-spinning punch is literally what it says. And I'm guessing you had some quantifiable way to disprove it was lightspeed, since you got hypersonic. You haven't given me anything to disprove it being multiversal. The fact is the author named it that way, and explained it that way. So I don't see why you are going against the authors words.

"Attack" without any destructive power...

That was used earlier than far more effective big bang attack.

DarkLK said:
Again I said in creation only, never said in destruction.

What I meant with my comment is that if they are physically caught in a universe, their bodys, without doubt, would also be caught in the universe, which means they couldn´t stay in place.

So at the given scene it is only their minds seperated from their physical existence cought in universes. But the mind doesn´t require a universe that is in that sense real to be caught. An illusion can be enough, but that doesn´t make the universes less real, just insignificant for anything not part of them.

Or for short a clear proof that this are space-time continuums in a physical sense would be required, given the circumstances displayed.

(to that of course also come the rest mentioned)

DontTalk said:
What I meant with my comment is that if they are physically caught in a universe, their bodys, without doubt, would also be caught in the universe, which means they couldn´t stay in place.
So at the given scene it is only their minds seperated from their physical existence cought in universes. But the mind doesn´t require a universe that is in that sense real to be caught. An illusion can be enough, but that doesn´t make the universes less real, just insignificant for anything not part of them.

Or for short a clear proof that this are space-time continuums in a physical sense would be required, given the circumstances displayed.

(to that of course also come the rest mentioned)
But couldn't these just be cloned copies of them with their conciousness? I mean the whole attack is nonsensical, along with the whole show, the theme is do the impossible, kick logic out the door. And nevertheless wouldn't these universes in their minds be dimensions themselves, so universes are being created either way. I think the creators were clear enough with the name literally being Multiverse Labryinth and the description fitting it.

I agree that just a name seems rather uncertain though.

Antvasima said:
I agree that just a name seems rather uncertain though.
But when the description of the attack fits it, why question the creator. The theme of the show is do the impossible, it was supposed to be impossible to break out of the Labyrinth. The broke out anyways. If they hadn't they would have been endlessly creating universe after universes, making a Multiverse Labyrinth...kinda like the creator named it.

JoJo Fanboy said:
DarkLK said:

AS does not create anything.

He just showed to the heroes their lives in some of alternate worlds. Please note, each person saw only a single world.

Tree of parallel universes/possibilities that are created due to the mind of people is quite common concept in fiction.

Multiverse Labyrinth...kinda like the creator named it.

AS himself named it this way. "Extradimensional space" is wrong translation.

DarkLK said:
JoJo Fanboy said:
DarkLK said:
AS does not create anything.
He just showed to the heroes their lives in some of alternate worlds. Please note, each person saw only a single world.

Tree of parallel universes/possibilities that are created due to the mind of people is quite common concept in fiction.
Anti Spiral created the Extradimensional Space, did he not? The Extradimensional Space creates the universes from their precptions instant to instant. The Attack is normally inescapable (People with no spiral power or not from GL lol), the attack unhampered would continue endlessly. Thus creating a Multiverse Labyrinth, like the author named it. The Attack creates a multiverse, AS created the attack. So tell me how he hasn't created anything...

DarkLK said:
Multiverse Labyrinth...kinda like the creator named it.
AS himself named it this way. "Extradimensional space" is wrong translation.
Yeah AS named it this way because the authors made it so lol, I don't get what this proves...

@Dark you are giving it, it's own explaination. While I'm using the explaination from the series...I don't get how this debunked in the first place, the original guy had great cannon points, while you came up with your own theories

Basically you all are giving the attack your own explaination and theories. I'm staying true to the series explaination and author intent. Before the Extra Dimensional Space, when they precieved something a universe wasn't created, after Extra Dimensional Space was implemented, what they percieved now becomes a universe. They aren't creating the universes, the Extra Dimensional Space is creating them from their perceptions. That, combined with the official name of the attack being Multiverse Labyrinth. I just don't see why you're denying what the author says...

Yeah AS named it this way because the authors made it so lol, I don't get what this proves...

I mean you should stop using "Extra Dimensional Space" term.

Anti Spiral created the Extradimensional Space, did he not?

He only trapped minds of people there.

I'm staying true to the series explaination and author intent.

IBBS > any thing AS did before. In the series. But of course, AS created an infinite nuber of universes just to show few alternative worlds. It is author's intent obviously.

You can try to convince someone else, but you're not convinced me.

I think we should forbid this discussion alongside with the multiverse labyrinth.

Since i'm here (around beginning of July) i've seen this discussion around 4 or 5 times.

All of them without new info. (even this thread has not anything new)

I think that what DarkLK says makes sense.

Forbidding this discussion topic might be a good idea. So, how should we word the new rule?

So, how should we word the new rule?

Agree.

Something like...

"List of repeated discussions which are make no sense"

I meant that we have to write a brief motivation text for why this topic is not allowed anymore.

Edit: I don't think that is enough. We should preferably briefly tell them why they are wrong.

I meant that we have to write a motivation for that this topic is not allowed anymore.

New rule - don't start discussion which have discussed already.

And list of links to topics.

DarkLK said:
Yeah AS named it this way because the authors made it so lol, I don't get what this proves...I mean you should stop using "Extra Dimensional Space" term.
Anti Spiral created the Extradimensional Space, did he not?

He only trapped minds of people there.

I'm staying true to the series explaination and author intent.

IBBS > any thing AS did before. In the series. But of course, AS created an infinite nuber of universes just to show few alternative worlds. It is author's intent obviously.

You can try to convince someone else, but you're not convinced me.
Edit: Nevermind lmao

Okay. I can link to these two threads.

Edit: I don't think that is enough. We should preferably briefly tell them why they are wrong.

Well, I don't think that write ALL reasons from ALL repeated discussions is a good idea. With links to topics anyone is able to read arguments and all info about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back