• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You can give Gumball the Phone and Console if you want to, since I debunked those items being 4-A/3-A.

Anyway, I'll vote Johnny. Sure, the Helmet makes Gumball a formidable opponent, but it can still get knocked off with ranged attacks, which is what Johnny has plenty of, mostly with lasers. Lasers are much superior to Darwin and Anais throwing mud, so with that, combined with the massive AP gap, Gumball turns into a roasted turkey once a laser hits him. But would Johnny even need lasers? Johnny could wipe out Gumball's memories, put him to sleep or simply get him to stop attacking him, and Johnny's far more prone to utilizing his hax than Gumball. It's practically the point of the show anyway: he gets his hands on Susan and Mary's inventions to help him out with his life, and then usually by the episode's climax, he'll have to use them against an enemy.

Speaking of the AP gap, Gumball's as good as gone once the Helmet is knocked off of him, not just because of AP, but also because of skill/experience. Johnny regularly fights on par with Dukey, who has ninja DNA, and Johnny himself is a black belt, so Gumball would get outskilled. Gumball's first tactic in any fight is to run away from his opponent (there's 10 examples on his profile, and I can guarantee that's not even all of them), so...yeah. I'm not denying Gumball can fight (he wrestled with Rob after he ruined his life, and he literally beat up a group of kids in The Faith), but it's far more consistent and more in his character to just run, and even then, Gumball is no black belt, and he'd still get one-shot.

As for the rest of his equipment, the Magic Notebook takes time to form an attack (he has to write, plus the episode showed Gumball kinda sucked at using it), so if Gumball runs away and uses it (or just starts writing something down in general), Johnny ain't letting that slide. The Love Arrows can easily be dodged, and the paintball gun will only temporarily blind Johnny at best.

Gumball's only true shots are with the Ghost Potion and the pocket watch, but Johnny has Non-Physical Interaction. However, Johnny has no answer to getting possessed, so he'd have to be quick.
So you completely forget that Gumball has the remote and abuses it in-character? Like the entire episode he had it, he used it all the time.

Also console means Gumball gets first hit because RPG rules.

You put Gumball in a combat scenario after the events of The Remote where he has complete knowledge of how to use it. Why wouldn't he just pause Johnny the instant he starts? We've seen that Gumball isn't a complete idiot, he is great at coming up with solutions when put in a tight spot. And considering he literally has no choice but to fight Johnny since they're stuck in an RPG encounter, I don't see why he would fumble about with his options instead of just using his better options.

You put Gumball in a combat scenario after the events of The Remote where he has complete knowledge of how to use it. Why wouldn't he just pause Johnny the instant he starts? We've seen that Gumball isn't a complete idiot, he is great at coming up with solutions when put in a tight spot. And considering he literally has no choice but to fight Johnny since they're stuck in an RPG encounter, I don't see why he would fumble about with his options instead of just using his better options.
He paused rob sometime in their fight? When he had the control? No

You're saying that Gumball knew exactly which button to press to eject Rob, but he wouldn't know which button to press to pause Johnny?

You're saying that Gumball knew exactly which button to press to eject Rob, but he wouldn't know which button to press to pause Johnny?
This is assuming that Gumball will open with the Remote.

Would Gumball open with the Remote in character? His first instinct is to run, and Johnny can legit end the fight there, or at the very least, have the upper hand.

Again, this is within the context of the console, in which Gumball can't run from an encounter and has all the time in the world to choose an option because he is guaranteed first hit and Johnny cannot attack without Gumball making the first move.

Again, this is within the context of the console, in which Gumball can't run from an encounter and has all the time in the world to choose an option because he is guaranteed first hit and Johnny cannot attack without Gumball making the first move.
If he has the console he wouldn't need to turn it on first to enter in the RPG world?

Again, we're assuming that Gumball opens with the Console.

Gumball's first instinct is to run away, and Johnny can literally end the fight right there.

The fight doesn't start inside of The Console, it's at Elmore, and they're 25 feet apart.

By the way, it's pretty out-of-character for Gumball to spam the Universal Remote, both outside and within The Console. Throughout the episode The Console was in, Gumball used the game's own set of attacks to fight, so I doubt he's gonna think "Hmm, since I have the first move, I'm going to pause this guy with the remote I once stole from Rob!". Doesn't help that Gumball is an impulsive idiot most of the time, he's no hax mastermind. Sure, he can improvise plans to get him out of situations, but half of the time they end up backfiring. Johnny at least utilizes Susan and Mary's inventions to help him with problems in his life and to defeat most of the enemies he may encounter.

Last edited:
No, I'm saying he wouldn't use This Button in character
You're confusing in-character with never been seen doing. Just because Gumball doesn't perform something in the series, doesn't mean he can't do it when given the option to, especially since he has full possession of the remote and isn't fighting Rob for possession of it.

You're confusing in-character with never been seen doing. Just because Gumball doesn't perform something in the series, doesn't mean he can't do it when given the option to, especially since he has full possession of the remote and isn't fighting Rob for possession of it.
Fair, but wluld he start with the console? And hee never know what is the pause button in the remote, we aren't assuming he got all the knolage of the remote if he never had in character

You gave him the hat, which means he's fully cocky and willing to fight. Also Johnny can't knock the hat of Gumball so easily because you forget the context of how it got knocked off in the first place.

Darwin had to take a bullet (tennis ball) in order to wack one of Gumball's projectiles back at him. We see previously that given the complete freedom, Darwin and Anais could not land a single shot on Gumball. This means that realistically, Gumball would just stand there and divine intervention will prevent Johnny's lasers from hitting him. This is assuming Johnny even knows about the hat.

And since Gumball is willing to fight with the hat on, he's also more willing to use the gear he's got on him.

Once again, Gumball's first move is to run. Johnny can literally end the fight right there. Or, at the very least, get the immediate upper hand on Gumball.

Yes, run when he doesn't have the hat on. He absolutely wasn't running away from Anais and Darwin even though it was a 2v1. What makes you think he will run from Johnny in a 1v1?

Yes, run when he doesn't have the hat on. He absolutely wasn't running away from Anais and Darwin even though it was a 2v1. What makes you think he will run from Johnny in a 1v1?
Gumball's first move in a fight is to run. It literally states it in his profile. He runs before he'll use any of his equipment. And we're assuming Gumball opens with the Helmet. Johnny can legit end the fight the moment Gumball starts running away.

Gumball technically does open with the Helmet, since due to SBA, he'll already have it on if the prompt says he has it. It's how equipment works (e.g. the Infinity Gauntlet; Thanos is gonna have it on the second he starts fighting someone, even though he normally has to apply it to his hand)

Ok this is getting absurd. Why do we assume he has all equipment and isn't already wearing the hat. This is the same argument we debunked a year ago.
Gumball technically does open with the Helmet, since due to SBA, he'll already have it on if the prompt says he has it. It's how equipment works (e.g. the Infinity Gauntlet; Thanos is gonna have it on the second he starts fighting someone, even though he normally has to apply it to his hand)
My bad. I don't know much about Gumball.

So how would the fight change now that Gumball has the Helmet in the beginning of the fight?

I debunked some points, does that not warrant a revote?

Back