• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
This thread has been done a while back, but @GoCommitDi says the match should be redone, as he disagrees with the points people made in the thread, so I'm here to make this thread so he can give elaborate more on his issues.

Johnny Test vs Gumball.

Johnny will be 8-B, and Gumball will be 9-A.

Johnny has access to all of his equipment.

Gumball has access to all of his equipment.

Fight takes place in Elmore 25 feet apart.

Speed is equalized.

Johnny: 7 (GoCommitDi, JustANormalLemon, Maverick_Zero_X, sanicspood, Spinoirr, ColonelSlyBanjo, Sans2345)

Gumball:

R.d2e4475f0c56bdf9487bf86e0c3e9479

R.029f9c112cd6e4e701104546d8a3e106

Last edited:
You can give Gumball the Phone and Console if you want to, since I debunked those items being 4-A/3-A.

Anyway, I'll vote Johnny. Sure, the Helmet makes Gumball a formidable opponent, but it can still get knocked off with ranged attacks, which is what Johnny has plenty of, mostly with lasers. Lasers are much superior to Darwin and Anais throwing mud, so with that, combined with the massive AP gap, Gumball turns into a roasted turkey once a laser hits him. But would Johnny even need lasers? Johnny could wipe out Gumball's memories, put him to sleep or simply get him to stop attacking him, and Johnny's far more prone to utilizing his hax than Gumball. It's practically the point of the show anyway: he gets his hands on Susan and Mary's inventions to help him out with his life, and then usually by the episode's climax, he'll have to use them against an enemy.

Speaking of the AP gap, Gumball's as good as gone once the Helmet is knocked off of him, not just because of AP, but also because of skill/experience. Johnny regularly fights on par with Dukey, who has ninja DNA, and Johnny himself is a black belt, so Gumball would get outskilled. Gumball's first tactic in any fight is to run away from his opponent (there's 10 examples on his profile, and I can guarantee that's not even all of them), so...yeah. I'm not denying Gumball can fight (he wrestled with Rob after he ruined his life, and he literally beat up a group of kids in The Faith), but it's far more consistent and more in his character to just run, and even then, Gumball is no black belt, and he'd still get one-shot.

As for the rest of his equipment, the Magic Notebook takes time to form an attack (he has to write, plus the episode showed Gumball kinda sucked at using it), so if Gumball runs away and uses it (or just starts writing something down in general), Johnny ain't letting that slide. The Love Arrows can easily be dodged, and the paintball gun will only temporarily blind Johnny at best.

Gumball's only true shots are with the Ghost Potion and the pocket watch, but Johnny has Non-Physical Interaction. However, Johnny has no answer to getting possessed, so he'd have to be quick.

Last edited:
You can give Gumball the Phone and Console if you want to, since I debunked those items being 4-A/3-A.

Anyway, Johnny should take this. Sure, the Helmet makes Gumball a formidable opponent, but it can still get knocked off with ranged attacks, which is what Johnny has plenty of, mostly with lasers. Lasers are much superior to Darwin and Anais throwing mud, so with that, combined with the massive AP gap, Gumball turns into a roasted turkey once a laser hits him. But would Johnny even need lasers? Johnny could wipe out Gumball's memories, put him to sleep or simply get him to stop attacking him, and Johnny's far more prone to utilizing his hax than Gumball. It's practically the point of the show anyway: he gets his hands on Susan and Mary's inventions to help him out with his life, and then usually by the episode's climax, he'll have to use them against an enemy.

Speaking of the AP gap, Gumball's as good as gone once the Helmet is knocked off of him, not just because of AP, but also because of skill/experience. Johnny regularly fights on par with Dukey, who has ninja DNA, and Johnny himself is a black belt, so Gumball would get outskilled. Gumball's first tactic in any fight is to run away from his opponent (there's 10 examples on his profile, and I can guarantee that's not even all of them), so...yeah. I'm not denying Gumball can fight (he wrestled with Rob after he ruined his life, and he literally beat up a group of kids in The Faith), but it's far more consistent and more in his character to just run, and even then, Gumball is no black belt, and he'd still get one-shot.

As for the rest of his equipment, the Magic Notebook takes time to form an attack (he has to write, plus the episode showed Gumball kinda sucked at using it), so if Gumball runs away and uses it (or just starts writing something down in general), Johnny ain't letting that slide. The Love Arrows can easily be dodged, and the paintball gun will only temporarily blind Johnny at best.

Gumball's only true shots are with the Ghost Potion and the pocket watch, but Johnny has Non-Physical Interaction. However, Johnny has no answer to getting possessed, so he'd have to be quick.
Great analysis.

1 vote for Whips!

I gave Gumball the Console and Phone. His remote is the only thing that's restricted.

Would the remote play a huge factor in the fight?

You can include the remote since I don't think Gumball would completely stomp with it. The most Gumball did with it was rewind back to the beginning of The Disaster, send Rob to The Void, move some objects around to confuse Rob, and teleport himself to reach him (it's out-of-character for him to press the Off button since he regretted it afterwards). It's been shown that to enter and exit The Void, it has to be opened and closed, so Johnny's definitely gonna fly out of there with his Turbo Action Backpack before Gumball physically closes it.

Heck, even if he were stranded, Johnny could always rewind time back to the previous Saturday.

You can include the remote since I don't think Gumball would completely stomp with it. The most Gumball did with it was send Rob to The Void, move some objects around to confuse Rob, and teleport himself to reach him. It's been shown that to enter and exit The Void, it has to be opened and closed, so Johnny's definitely gonna fly out of there with his Turbo Action Backpack before Gumball physically closes it.

Even if he were stranded, Johnny could always rewind time back to the previous Saturday.
o right, so I would vote jhonny still

You can include the remote since I don't think Gumball would completely stomp with it. The most Gumball did with it was send Rob to The Void, move some objects around to confuse Rob, and teleport himself to reach him. It's been shown that to enter and exit The Void, it has to be opened and closed, so Johnny's definitely gonna fly out of there with his Turbo Action Backpack before Gumball physically closes it.

Even if he were stranded, Johnny could always rewind time back to the previous Saturday.
So, even if I gave the remote, you still think Johnny takes it, but with just more difficulty?

Also, I still like how Deku whooped Gumball, but Johnny beat Deku, and now this is happening
Kinda reminds me of how Aqua beat Spongebob, Johnny and Aqua was Inconclusive, and Johnny lost to Spongebob.

But the Aqua vs Spongebob match was redone, and it ended up being a stomp in Spongebob's favor.

I've contacted people who were listed as supporters of Gumball, so now we basically got to wait for more input.

@GoCommitDi do you know anyone personally who is knowledgeable on Gumball?

Back