• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anos MFTL+ Downgrade (but it's not Clickbait this Time)

Please for the love of god keep this on topic and out of the RVR. This CRT wasn't even my idea, I was just asked about it and realized it was very weird (tbh, I'd rather not do this and go about my weekend normally, but I haven't gotten my paycheck yet so I've got time to burn).

Anyways, Anos is given FTL speed scaling to Lay, who is stated to move as "a flash of light". This is... highly problematic, because for starters, there's nothing else in the verse at this point backing up FTL speeds. More obvious than that is the fact that this is obviously non-literal; We don't hand out MHS+ speeds for characters being stated to "move like lightning", and being stated to move as a flash of light seems to suggest that Lay was moving fast, but not at literal light speed. It's flowery at worst, and outlierish at best.

There is one possible replacement feat, that being Anos reacting to light magic. There's one problem though; The magic in question is, well, magic that is made of emotions. Not natural light by a longshot, and it doesn't showcase other evidence of being light speed like refraction or traveling in a straight beam.

In short, the two possible FTL feats need to go, and since MFTL+ also uses the FTL stat as a baseline, those stats need to go and be replaced with the next best thing.

Didn't you say your last MGK CRT was your last? The love and dedication you have for this series is very big.

MGK is your Ying and Touhou is your Yang

Anyways, Anos is given FTL speed scaling to Lay, who is stated to move as "a flash of light". This is... highly problematic, because for starters, there's nothing else in the verse at this point backing up FTL speeds. More obvious than that is the fact that this is obviously non-literal; We don't hand out MHS+ speeds for characters being stated to "move like lightning", and being stated to move as a flash of light seems to suggest that Lay was moving fast, but not at literal light speed. It's flowery at worst, and outlierish at best.
I remember Overlord having several things related to abilities described as being as fast as a "flash of light" and others literally speaking the speed of light, and it was all accepted flowery language.

I don't know if this is the case as I haven't seen this series and I will stop commenting on this CRT after this message. But it's something that comes to my mind.

Didn't you say your last MGK CRT was your last? The love and dedication you have for this series is very big.

MGK is your Ying and Touhou is your Yang
Well, I planned for it to be. You're right about the latter though.

I remember Overlord having several things related to abilities described as being as fast as a "flash of light" and others literally speaking the speed of light, and it was all accepted flowery language.

I don't know if this is the case as I haven't seen this series and I will stop commenting on this CRT after this message. But it's something that comes to my mind.
This is worse than Overlord's case, as it is a one-off statement not even saying Lay moved at the speed of light.

Amos cant stop taking Ls god damn.
I wonder why non-level 1 profiles can be created without the need for a CRT. I think it would revolve around half of all those new CRTs they had at one time (although I think it would probably be like 15 pages long)

That's because he's fodder
89a5b5c52dcbc61b55f06c79b969781e.jpg

-------------------------------------
Anyway, I wonder how this will play out on the part of MGK supporters. I've seen LN profiles with more evidence being rejected because of "flowering bloodlines" like Overlod. I wonder what new evidence they will give.

If this is accepted, to what speed will Anos fall?

I actually asked about this too in the MG sever lol (if they followed any light speed standards that the wiki has). Elde is gonna hate me more but I agreed with this thread before it was even made.
Just to make sure, did they provide more evidence, or was this it?

Are we sure there isn't more context? Because I agree otherwise. It definitely feels like more of a figure of speech. Even at best, it's too vague without any other feats close to this level of speed to just take the highest possible interpretation (FTL/LS).
I'll check the LN in a moment.

I agree yeah, "Flash of Light" is a pretty silly Justification for any LS scaling. At least have some photon or refection statements lol.

Are we sure there isn't more context? Because I agree otherwise. It definitely feels like more of a figure of speech. Even at best, it's too vague without any other feats close to this level of speed to just take the highest possible interpretation (FTL/LS).
I reread the chapter it appears in, and that's basically it. There's the context that Lay continually gets faster/stronger the more he fights, but it doesn't help justify FTL speeds.

What a pity, but anyway Anos will be immeasurable after vol 5 translated scans comes

Disagree btw, do you have any proves that emotional light slover than ordinary

Something better than "its not literally light because its not ordinary light"

Last edited:
I'll explain my thoughts at the end, but I want to add my $0.02 on the topic/reasoning, and how it's worded
This is... highly problematic, because for starters, there's nothing else in the verse at this point backing up FTL speeds.
I mean, TBH, if they had a legit statement for it, I don't think it'd be a problem. The statement would be what backs up FTL speeds, the issue here clearly seems to be getting it to FTL, not having it there.

So clearly, "moving like a flash of light can have multiple meanings which don't even inherently mean moving at the speed of light exactly. It could mean moving at constant speeds, or moving in straight lines, or other properties about how photons move, other than the 299,792,456 m/s they move at.

We don't hand out MHS+ speeds for characters being stated to "move like lightning"
Agree, "moving like x" can entail different things than just the highest interpretation of "Y is literally moving at the speed of x"

Overall, agree with the thread, and count me as "Agree"

We'll have to check the deleted version of the profile to see if there's any speed feats to fall back to, as the current iteration has always had FTL and MFTL+ stuff.

Back