• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anomaly revisions

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
Because I find a lot of The Anomaly's stuff wrong. Both lacking stuff and having stuff they likely shouldn't.

Let's start with what shouldn't be there:

The Player, also referred to as "The Anomaly", is the entity that controls Frisk and presumably Chara during most of the game.

They never controlled Chara, they only meat once Chara can slap the control away from you.

They are responsible for most of Frisk's actions and for the Genocide Route.

Taking the anomaly controlling their actions as canon, everything Frisk does is because of them.

In the True Pacifist Route, the Player takes actions according to Frisk's personality most of the time, which leads to the reveal of the latter's name, in the end. This implies this route best represents Frisk's true nature as a person without the Player pushing them in different directions.

No..? Frisk only revealed their name here and not anywhere else because only Asriel bothered asking. (Man, must be awkward for Toriel when she realizes she doesn't know her own kid's name). There is no reason to think they wouldn't have revealed their true name if anyone else asked anywhere but by the end of the genocide, where Chara is possessing them.

Despite this, his knows the Player has probably heard this hundreds of times before, and leaves them with one final farewell, referring to them as "Chara".

And why do we assume he isn't telling this to Chara exactly?

Sans realizes that the heinous crimes committed have not been of Frisk's own volition, but instead merely a product of the Player's Determination to find out what happens next and the ever-growing influence of Chara.

When does Sans acknowledge frisk not doing this stuff of their own volition? Genuine question, can anyone please link it?

until they get bored and quit, erasing this timeline and starting a new one in which they will embark on a different path.

Wait, when does Sans aknowledge they would erase it? I always took it as him wanting you to just not reset at all and for you to stay dead and "never come back".

They mention how their Determination and SOUL wasn't theirs, but in fact the Player's, with Chara acting as merely an extension of themself.

Can anyone qoute me which part of their dialouge directly says that frisk's soul was the player's?

I'd also like to know where this abilities come from.

Memory Manipulation, Data Manipulation, Minor resistance to Memory Erasure

Where do this come from? The latter seems simply acausality, as Asriel was trying to erase your journey not affecting them seems obvious.

Can do a True Reset, which acts like Chara's game destruction feat

True Reset should simply say that they recreate all of reality once destroyed.

Missing abilities:

Acausality (Unaffected by every change in time, and even the destruction of it and likely exists outside of it).

Since we treat them as having DT instead of frisk, they should have resurrection and immortality type 3 like frisk through Refuse and all that.

>And why do we assume he isn't telling this to frisk exactly?

He's telling Frisk to leave Frisk alone?

I don't think any ending is particularly non canon, considering undertale is about infinite possibilities and such

It wouldn't be combat applicable considering the Anomaly would have to open up the files and sort through everything to make sure they're making the right alterations

DMUA said:
I don't think any ending is particularly non canon, considering undertale is about infinite possibilities and such
It's less of an ending and more of an anti-hacker message

Eh

Even then, timeline shenangins are a thing in undertale and it's a rather meta game

I don't see any particular reason it should be strictly non canon

Somebody should probably ask Azathoth to comment here.

Back