• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Always angry punch guy Vs Sometimes angry punch girl

I am out man like get this ******* character/verse off my screen lmao đź’€ I am going back to yordles so we can actually fix league of legends

Fair, can she do it after she gets hit? Or does it work each time she gets hit?
Basically how it works is when she gets hit by an attack, her Aura stores the energy of that attack and stockpiles it, with the energy of each attack she gets hit by being stored up to the sum total limit her aura can withstand before breaking. She can activate her semblance at any time, at which point the sum total energy she has stockpiled is doubled and then added to her own physical strength and durability. She can use it early if she needs to, but the longer she stockpiles it the more powerful she will become. For example, if she takes 5 hits, she would become 10x stronger as a result, 15 hits would make her 30, etc. with the cap being somewhere around 30-35 hits she can take from an opponent comparable to herself (not factoring in stuff like the fight with Adam where she absorbed attacks that were already amped several times over).
I ******* hate this verse
Welcome to the club lol

Remembering the fight with chess pieces... They took hell of a long time against those, who were later blown away by a gust of wind, bruh.

20230312_083332.jpg
1.4x AP gap+berserk+being skilled he'll aim for the best hit possible
She'll lose this gamble, probably, before the damage ***** Marine. If not, can she regen from the hit? How is this "sent back"? Via a laser, or flames?

1.4x AP gap+berserk+being skilled he'll aim for the best hit possible. She'll lose this gamble, probably, before the damage ***** Marine.
I mean, this specific version of Yang has absorbed the energy of attacks 7-10x stronger than herself and stockpiled them (She absorbed two of Adam's Moonslices, with Moonslice having the same energy stockpiling ability as Yang's Burn only he doesnt double the energy he stores)
If not, can she regen from the hit?
She can yeah, Aura protects the user as a full-body forcefield that effectively functions like armor, Yang feels the hits but they dont cause her physical damage, and her Aura also grants a low-level regen factor.
How is this "sent back"? Via a laser, or flames?
She adds it to her physical strength, its primarily sent back through her melee attacks but can also be applied through her gauntlets' ranged attacks as the shots she fires are the condensed kinetic energy generated by her punches

I am out man like get this ******* character/verse off my screen lmao đź’€ I am going back to yordles so we can actually fix league of legends
Just wait until the writers decide to make the new comic canon so Team RWBY scales to Batman in skill

She adds it to her physical strength, its primarily sent back through her melee attacks but can also be applied through her gauntlets' ranged attacks as the shots she fires are the condensed kinetic energy generated by her punches
Sheesh, mah man Marine isn't dumb and via = speed I'm way more than sure that if he hits her and she starts glowing, he'll fall back and analyze that, so he won't take physical blows easily and I don't think ranged shots at all (via dodging and maybe the shot counting as electricity which Marine resists)
Yang has absorbed the energy of attacks 7-10x stronger than herself and stockpiled them
Any font for that specific stat?
Aura protects the user as a full-body forcefield that effectively functions like armor, Yang feels the hits but they dont cause her physical damage, and her Aura also grants a low-level regen factor.
Won't NPI be a problem for the aura? Like bypassing it?

Sheesh, mah man Marine isn't dumb and via = speed I'm way more than sure that if he hits her and she starts glowing, he'll fall back and analyze that, so he won't take physical blows easily and I don't think ranged shots at all (via dodging and maybe the shot counting as electricity which Marine resists)
Oh she doesnt start glowing passively, that only happens when she activates her semblance, and she is skilled enough with it that she can activate it mid-punch to fake her opponent out so they wont think to dodge it until its too late. Yang's ranged shots arent electricity, theyre raw kinetic energy.
Any font for that specific stat?
Font?
Won't NPI be a problem for the aura? Like bypassing it?
Not sure why it would be? Aura is a physical barrier

can't remember what exactly my point was (i'm at work lol), i think it would be bypassing the Aura and hitting her behind it
That wouldnt work, Aura isnt a non-physical barrier, he'd need to specifically be able to bypass forcefields with his attacks

Mixed PTBR with English, I meant Source*

Oh she doesnt start glowing passively, that only happens when she activates her semblance, and she is skilled enough with it that she can activate it mid-punch to fake her opponent out so they wont think to dodge it until its too late. Yang's ranged shots arent electricity, theyre raw kinetic energy.
Wait, isn't a passive that starts making her glow, so she has to activate that before the attack so that when he attacks it gets doubled on him?
Now you have to argue she would IC activate it and fast enough for the first Marine attack

Mixed PTBR with English, I meant Source*
The fight between Adam and Yang. Blake outright says that his semblance works like Yangs, and the guidebook confirms this. He blocked seven punches from Yang, ergo he stored seven punches worth of energy, which Yang then blocked in turn, absorbing the energy back.
Wait, isn't a passive that starts making her glow,
It does not passively make her glow no, she only glows when she activates it.
so she has to activate that before the attack so that when he attacks it gets doubled on him?
Not even before, she can activate it halfway through a punch that she is already throwing, the ability itself is thought-activated. And the Marine does not hold enough of a number advantage over her to warrant her needing to activate it immediately.
Now you have to argue she would IC activate it and fast enough for the first Marine attack
Burn is literally her signature ability, something she uses in every fight. She would absolutely use it in character.

The fight between Adam and Yang. Blake outright says that his semblance works like Yangs, and the guidebook confirms this. He blocked seven punches from Yang, ergo he stored seven punches worth of energy, which Yang then blocked in turn, absorbing the energy back.
How much energy can it store? How does this block works and How is it activated? If it's not auto/passive, How can she apply with equal speed to a more skilled person?
Burn is literally her signature ability, something she uses in every fight. She would absolutely use it in character.
But as a first move? Or won't she try to attack first?
Not even before, she can activate it halfway through a punch that she is already throwing, the ability itself is thought-activated. And the Marine does not hold enough of a number advantage over her to warrant her needing to activate it immediately.
Now i get why people are calling this series bs
skillwise and AP is not enough? OK, now I feel the disadvantage Marine gets from being without any guns is way WAY too much of a debuff...
But tell me, how can you argue that?

Btw why weren’t 7-B versions used? Or low 7-B, idk?
cool question, I hope we get to know

and also, while you restrain Marine's weaponry you don't restrain anything on her side like this bs aura? Like...why?

How much energy can it store?
Her current accepted maximum is ~40 hits from an opponent slightly stronger than herself, so around 1 Megaton worth of stored energy at her maximum capacity in this key
How does this block works and
Due to her Aura being a full-body forcefield, any attack that she gets hit with has its energy stored, she doesnt even have to actively block attacks its just anything that she gets hit with.
How is it activated?
Its thought-based

But if need be she can also project some of the energy as an explosion around herself

If it's not auto/passive, How can she apply with equal speed to a more skilled person?
I mean, for one you havent really proven that Slayer is more skilled than her, experienced yes but thus far she has shown significantly better skill feats, but that aside she has used it against people equal to herself in speed since the start of the show, with the key used here in particular using Burn to its full efficiency by stockpiling it as far as she can get it to go and then using it when the opponent cant really dodge it.
But as a first move? Or won't she try to attack first?
Burn is Yang's trump card, if this were her first key she would be 100% willing to use it after taking like five hits but in this key she tries to stockpile it for as long as she can to maximize her damage output
Now i get why people are calling this series bs
Funnily enough Yang actually has the simplest, least BS semblances out of the main cast lol
skillwise and AP is not enough? OK, now I feel the disadvantage Marine gets from being without any guns is way WAY too much of a debuff...
But tell me, how can you argue that?
I mean, even if he had access to his guns, theyre only 9-B to 8-A in this key, and Yang has an excess amount of experience avoiding gunfire given that almost every weapon in RWBY has some form of firearm built into it.

Funnily enough, using their Low 7-B keys actually works in Yang's favor lol, Slayer gets access to more damage multipliers but so does yang via her semblance on top of now being significantly physically stronger (lifting strength-wise, meaning Slayer cant just manhandle her the majority of the fight) and being even more skilled due to her Ace Ops training

Funnily enough, using their Low 7-B keys actually works in Yang's favor lol, Slayer gets access to more damage multipliers but so does yang via her semblance on top of now being significantly physically stronger (lifting strength-wise, meaning Slayer cant just manhandle her the majority of the fight) and being even more skilled due to her Ace Ops training
Ace Ops is even more of a meme. Never understood why the supposed to be impressive.

It's amazing how statements are so incredible, and showings are so terrible.

Back