• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Slayer vs The Substitute

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has come to my attention from the other users that Tatsuki feat of her resting 100s might be invalid because she wasn't directly targeted in the soul hax attack.

Here. Why is Tatsuki soul resistance in the hundreds for resisting her soul being sucked by Gonzui? Gonzui can suck in hundreds of souls but Tatsuki never resisted having her soul sucked out by Gonzui being focused on her specifically to my knowledge. She was just one of those 100s that resisted.

Copying what KieranH10 said in another thread but swap out mind with soul manipulation

"Moondragon from Marvel comics mind controlled the entire population of a planet, but when she came face to face with Thanos, he resisted her full mind manipulation directly focussed on him, therefor his resistance scales above the entire population of a planet. - Mind Manipulation"

Tatsuki only got a portion of Yammy's Gonzui so why would she scale to the full thing?

This is the generally the most subscribed to idea regarding soul/mind hax potency according to this mess of a thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4129046

I'm not saying she doesn't have that level of resistance because she did withstood being in Yammy's presence which I would argue is more impressive than the Gonzui thing and far more impressive than Doomguy's soul hax resistance. I know Bleach has it's own share of unique soul mechanics and nuances that gives them exceptions to the general belief of how soul manipulation works in fiction.

I think the aura soul hax argument is dismantled with that aswell because can you focus on someone with your aura?

Also the main point I got from that thread you linked Dienomite is that there is no settled way to measure the potency and resistance of that type of hax and that it's up to the debaters

Not necessarily, at least when it comes to Bleach I don't believe that applies. Not that it would make a difference in this match because Ichigo should scale well above fodder who have above baseline soul hax and resistance. But I could be wrong.

But we still do it quantitively right so with that gonzui feat being unable to be thrown into the mix we need to have a number for the aura soul hax. Because hell has an aura too and that aura of hell is able soul hax multiple planets. So you can't have it both ways.

It should be noted that Hell is not a sentient entity. It's a place. Unlike with characters like Yammy, there's even less of a reason to assume that Doomguy would scale to the full brunt of it.

@DTG

Sure but you better be careful at comparing Hell's aura of taking eons to soul hax normal humans with no soul resistance to aura in a verse like Bleach that works instantly and can kill those with soul hax resistance.

Dienomite22 said:
@DTG

Sure but you better be careful at comparing Hell's aura of taking eons to soul hax normal humans with no soul resistance to aura in a verse like Bleach that works instantly and can kill those with soul hax resistance. If you are unaffected by the soul hax at the time of its maximum effectiveness, you know when you reach to point of spending time in hell for eons, you have resistance on that level.
I know it takes hell time for it to reach those levels of soul hax but doomguy was there for that amount of time. Doomguy experienced the maximum potency of hell's soul hax. If it takes eons it doesn't matter(hope you don't mind the attack potency comparison) say we have a fire the increases by one degree every year, a billion years later if he's still alive he would have heat resistance that's on the level of billion degrees Fahrenheit. He's still able to resist that level the time it takes is only relevant when talking about the time the character spent in the presence of the ability.

DTG499 said:
Dienomite22 said:
@DTG

Sure but you better be careful at comparing Hell's aura of taking eons to soul hax normal humans with no soul resistance to aura in a verse like Bleach that works instantly and can kill those with soul hax resistance. If you are unaffected by the soul hax at the time of its maximum effectiveness, you know when you reach to point of spending time in hell for eons, you have resistance on that level.
I know it takes hell time for it to reach those levels of soul hax but doomguy was there for that amount of time. Doomguy experience the maximum potency of hell's soul hax.
That's not how that works

That isn't how it works DTG. Normal soul stealing that happens in seconds is considered baseline soul hax. Now staying in a place where it takes eons to soul hax a normal human with no resistance is soul hax but it is so slow that it is hardly combat applicable for Hell. Staying in that place for eons is resistance but it isn't impressive resistance and it could be argued that someone who can soul steal instantly would bypass that resistance, but that is something I'm not trying to get into.

"If it takes eons it doesn't matter(hope you don't mind the attack potency comparison) say we have a fire the increases by one degree every year, a billion years later if he's still alive he would have heat resistance that's on the level of billion degrees Fahrenheit."

Hell's soul hax doesn't increase in potency/"degree" every year so the comparison is invalid.

"If it takes eons it doesn't matter(hope you don't mind the attack potency comparison) say we have a fire the increases by one degree every year, a billion years later if he's still alive he would have heat resistance that's on the level of billion degrees Fahrenheit."

That's literally not how hell functions. Let me rephrase this to what you're trying to pass off as legitimate.

"Normal Humans can survive temperatures of 80 degrees fahrenheit. Since humans can live for up to 100 years, they can clearly survive 8000 degrees fahrenheit at once"

That's not even close to what I was trying get across. And I'm kind of shocked that you read it that way.

Ok my points are being completely misunderstood right now. So let's continue this tomorrow. When I'm well rested and don't have a couple beers in me.

(someone should close this if it's been established that Slayer's resistance isnt nearly up to par with Bleach's Soul Manip)

I'm going to be discussing the way this site treats soul manip resist scaling in a another thread. In the mean time I'm going to need know how many people ichigo can affect with his aura and the level of resistance of the people he's affecting. As well as some proof that soul crush being "focused" actually was making it stronger specifically with yammy. And some proof that ichigo can actually focus his aura onto someone at this point.

scans, and is he actually killing or at least paralyzing thousands of people with his aura or are they just noticing he's there? I've watched bleach up until the bankai point I don't remember that happening.

People that have at least a little bit of reiatsu already gains resistance in the hundreds and if your resistance is at least this when someone higer gets close you get paralize and pass out and if someone worlds above you get close it desintagrates you (if he wants people in bleach can control their output if they want their energy to go wild and cover an area of 13K like kenpachi or ichigo because they have shit control and cant focus it or if they just want to focus on just a single person like yamamoto did to vice captain or how aizen did it to grimmjow)

This website does not scale the number affected in the the soul hax to the ones who resisted being caught in the crossfire in the same feat. That's the only thing stopping doomguy from getting his multi planetary soul hax resistance accepted in the CRT right now. I'm working on changing that which you should agree with because this will help bleach as well.

I'm just asking questions about the foundation of that logic and none of you have gave me any comprehensive reasoning on why that is the case. "It's wank" and "It's bad" are not reasons. Other people in this thread have went against that rule as well by scaling yammy's gonzui feat to Tatsuki.

The reason is because all of Hell isn't trying to steal only the Doomguy's soul. It steals every soul that entires it equally because it is passively taking them.

It's like saying if you can survive in a cloud of poisonous gas then you should scale to the entire cloud of poison. You shouldn't, you would only scale to the amount of poison that you interacted with.

This soul and mind hax force is not a physical thing, it doesn't take up space nor does have any actually energy output that can be measured the same way we measure joules. It's an arbitrary power system that works in ways that have never been properly defined by a verse. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we define power systems by the shared characteristics they have across multiple verses? My question is where did this a "focus downed feat is needed" idea come from? Has there been cases where a person A was able to resist a soul hax feat that affect multiple other people, made by person B, then when person B "focused" his attack onto person A he wasn't able to resist it? How can you even properly tell when a person is focusing the entirety of his attack unto someone? The examples given to me in bleach are essentially just characters acknowledging that another character is there. How can you assume that all of his arbitrary soul hax juice is being "focused" onto a single entity when they don't imply anything of the sort. In bleach's case aizen didn't been say a single word. It's just confusing to me! Alright!

It came from an old downgrade thread for these types of feats. The main verse that got effected by it was Touhou. Pretty much the thing soul manipulating here isn't actively attacking everything it interacts with, things that interact with Hell are soul haxed so it would only scale from individual to individual (so baseline in this case).

I'll try to find the downgrade thread because it explains it way better than I could.

Not everyone agrees with cal in that thread. It also doesn't give me the answer to the foundation of that reasoning. I want to see multiple examples of people resisting the mind/soul hax when they are among the large amount affected when it was spread out but of the same person was singled by the same attack and was not able to resist it, then yes I would agree with the foundation.

But either way since this website won't allow you guys to scale Tatsuki's resistance to other characters because A. she's baseline and B. That would be AP scaling resistances.

But either way since this website won't allow you guys to scale Tatsuki's resistance to other characters because A. she's baseline and B. That would be AP scaling resistances.
You do know that is what has been done since the start right? also baseline in something like naruto she is way above him in the 100s also nothing to do with AP idk how you still dont get that RC is not AP based

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back