• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

You indeed cannot refute someone sticking their fingers in their ears and saying "la la la I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA".

I told you how the wiki handles shit like this, pointed out the example of light (it goes with other physical phenomenon too, of course- shockwaves/sonic booms, lightning, etc), and you just... whined. You objectively do not know how this wiki works if you're unaware of our procedures.

If you want a proper discussion, have one. If you want to learn, give it a good honest try. Might be fun, eh?

Edit: If you are interested in actually listening, I can happily reopen the thread. Or, if someone else is interested in discussing it, I'll also reopen it. As it stands, I don't intend to deal with it.
You didn't refute what I said when I mentioned how the wiki treating light shouldn't mean we treat everything including particle beams the same way. There could also be other people interested in it. We can continue the discussion in that CRT

You didn't refute what I said when I mentioned how the wiki treating light shouldn't mean we treat everything including particle beams the same way. There could also be other people interested in it. We can continue the discussion in that CRT
The wiki does do that. Your CRT is not of the scope to argue we ought to change how we treat more or less everything in this godforsaken hobby.

If someone's wanting that discussion, make a thread for it. Shan't clog this one up with more discussion, you know your options.

I am not involved here but would be better if you linked the policy you are referring to? Will make the discussion shorter and he may realize he is wrong when he sees the policy exists and you are only sharing it.

Again, I am not involved in a way, just out of curious

I am not involved here but would be better if you linked the policy you are referring to? Will make the discussion shorter and he may realize he is wrong when he sees the policy exists and you are only sharing it.

Again, I am not involved in a way, just out of curious
It's less a broad policy and more the trait of the wiki itself. We do not hand out traits automatically because something is named, in this example, a photon beam, much like we do not assume something is light solely because it is presented as a laser nor do we assume everything named "black hole" bears the exact properties thereof. The conflict here is that King believes we do in fact do these things. Whether by lack of awareness of our standards or willful ignorance of them, it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
It's less a broad policy and more the trait of the wiki itself. We do not hand out traits automatically because something is named, in this example, a photon beam, much like we do not assume someone is light solely because it is presented as a laser nor do we assume everything named "black hole" bears the exact properties thereof. The conflict here is that King believes we do in fact do these things. Whether by lack of awareness of our standards or willful ignorance of them, it doesn't really matter.
Thanks for clearing this out

The wiki does do that. Your CRT is not of the scope to argue we ought to change how we treat more or less everything in this godforsaken hobby.

If someone's wanting that discussion, make a thread for it. Shan't clog this one up with more discussion, you know your options.
Ok, then I'll make a new one with what you said in mind

Can I ask the reason for this request first?
Can you provide a reason of why they must have their name changes?
:worried~1:

Dunk and Egg are the stories in which Duncan is the protagonist. Duncan does not appear in A Song of Ice and Fire, but in Dunk and Egg stories/Tales of Dunk and Egg.

The same for the Targaryens, Fire and Blood is the book that tells their stories in detail.

Uh... we only specify that a character comes from a particular work over their verse as a whole if there's other pages in the same verse that'd overlap otherwise or similar, as much as we don't label Naruto characters that debuted in Boruto as "(Boruto)".

as much as we don't label Naruto characters that debuted in Boruto as "(Boruto)".
We write that on the profiles of ASOIAF so as not to confuse them with those of GOT.((well some characters from the books don't have profiles of their version of the show yet but it could happen in the future)

We write that on the profiles of ASOIAF so as not to confuse them with those of GOT.((well some characters from the books don't have profiles of their version of the show yet but it could happen in the future)
That’s not really the same, A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones are technically separate franchises, they aren’t just installments in the same franchise like Fire and Blood and Dunk and Egg with ASoIaF.

It's less a broad policy and more the trait of the wiki itself. We do not hand out traits automatically because something is named, in this example, a photon beam, much like we do not assume something is light solely because it is presented as a laser nor do we assume everything named "black hole" bears the exact properties thereof. The conflict here is that King believes we do in fact do these things. Whether by lack of awareness of our standards or willful ignorance of them, it doesn't really matter.
I think you are looking for these pages:

Back