• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

I would like to request the reopening of three threads.

1:https://vsbattles.com/threads/barbatos-and-unexpected-mandrakk-upgrade.142835/

Because the thread had nearly 10 agreements with just two disagreements. Yet it was closed, because of a lack of staff input despite Transcending having asked to wait and also confirming he had just asked the staff to check his thread. After the thread got closed, other staff members also showed interest but didn't comment because the thread was already locked.

2:https://vsbattles.com/threads/lucifer-dream-and-michael-downgrade.143657/

The total number of agreements and disagreements in the thread were similar, but everyone agreed that the current justifications didn't hold up and had to be removed. Even if the 1-A downgrade was rejected, the thread was closed before the new justifications replaced the old justifications. Ant also didn't ping any staff members, despite being asked to, and locked it after being rude.

3:https://vsbattles.com/threads/the-source-downgrade.143745/post-5174418

The agreements and disagreements were similar, but the thread was locked due to the disagreement of a single staff member, after being rude. The locking of the thread was clearly rushed.

I would like to request the reopening of three threads.
To balance this, I participated in those threads and I believe the closures were appropriate.

For example, the first thread Ant pinged mods two separate times over the course of several days. They ultimately chose not to participate.

The core group of users involved in those threads have been posting DC threads almost constantly to rehash the same general arguments, and refuse to concede to well-reasoned and well-evidenced rebuttals by objecting to every possible thing.

It's, IMO, a waste of everyone's time and is borderline trolling.

For example, the first thread Ant pinged mods two separate times over the course of several days. They ultimately chose not to participate.
Which was BEFORE I asked them personally. I only went to their message wall a few hours before Ant locked, and during those hours, I checked if they made any other post and they didn't.

And after the closing, you yourself saw mods discussing the thread in the Discord server. Please don't lie about this.

Rest of your points are not relevant, so I won't respond.

I don't intend to rehash any of the discussions that have already been had on the issue. I only replied so that other people who are not privy to the situation do not get a one-sided description of what happened.

As far as the Discord, I saw that you complained about the thread being closed, and you asked a mod to re-open the thread and they declined. I don't recall seeing any users discuss the content of the revision, mod or not.

As far as the Discord, I saw that you complained about the thread being closed, and you asked a mod to re-open the thread and they declined. I didn't see anyone discuss the actual content of the revision and whether or not they agreed, mod or not.
And the mod only declined because the thread was closed and he didn't want to get into another argument with Ant.

Anyway, they discussed the content of the revision a lot. If you come to Discord, I can show you

To balance this, I participated in those threads and I believe the closures were appropriate.

The core group of users involved in those threads have been posting DC threads almost constantly to rehash the same general arguments, and refuse to concede to well-reasoned and well-evidenced rebuttals by objecting to every possible thing.

It's, IMO, a waste of everyone's time and is borderline trolling.
I don't intend to rehash any of the discussions that have already been had on the issue. I only replied so that other people who are not privy to the situation do not get a one-sided description of what happened.

As far as the Discord, I saw that you complained about the thread being closed, and you asked a mod to re-open the thread and they declined. I don't recall seeing any users discuss the content of the revision, mod or not.
Strongly agreed.

The arguments in the threads in question were properly rebutted, and the threads eventually closed after they deviated into repetitive and unreasonable timewasting stonewalling.

Also, the sheer frequency of similar arguments being posted over and over entered into spam territory.

The threads will definitely not be reopened. We have more important tasks to spend our limited available time on.

Never mind about the Disney category. We make some exceptions in that case. Please read here:

Strongly agreed.

The arguments in the threads in question were properly rebutted, and the threads eventually closed after they deviated into repetitive and unreasonable timewasting stonewalling.

Also, the sheer frequency of similar arguments being posted over and over entered into spam territory.

The threads will definitely not be reopened. We have more important tasks to spend our limited available time on.
1: The arguments in the thread weren't properly rebutted. In the Lucifer thread for example, even if you agree with Deagon, one of his arguments depended on Divine Presence and Yahweh being the same, which hasn't been accepted by the wiki meaning that argument is invalid. The second argument makes Dream 1-A and Lucifer/Michael scales off from them, so their other justifications have to be removed.

2: I think we will need some other staff member to evaluate this. Since you locked the thread, you judging whether they should be opened or not would be similar to someone being accused of stealing and he himself being the Judge of his case.

one of his arguments depended on Divine Presence and Yahweh being the same, which hasn't been accepted by the wiki meaning that argument is invalid
The point of a CRT is to change what's accepted by the Wiki. Further, there were many other arguments that established Dream and Lucifer as scaling to the Multiversity Map and thus 1-A.

The point of a CRT is to change what's accepted by the Wiki.
And that change was not accepted in the CRT, meaning that argument is invalid or the thread was rushed when locked. If that's valid, we need to actually edit The Presence.
Further, there were many other arguments that established Dream and Lucifer as scaling to the Multiversity
Please read what Beyond Transcending said again
The second argument makes Dream 1-A and Lucifer/Michael scales off from them
However, this doesn't explain how the other justifications make Lucifer 1-A as also stated by him
so their other justifications have to be removed.
An example is space and time being extensions of Lucifer. Those need to be removed.

Needs some staff input
You ask here or can contact staff in their wall.
Need some to apply the changes here or at least open the profiles for someone to add them
No, it is better to leave this to a member who knows the verse and knows how to edit, no one will want to apply such a large CRT to a verse that they have no idea what to do. I can unlock profiles that are locked for editing, but get someone knowledgeable in your verse who is willing to apply the changes.
Also too many nnt crts open at once.
At least link them here. Tho i can't close threads.

No, it is better to leave this to a member who knows the verse and knows how to edit, no one will want to apply such a large CRT to a verse that they have no idea what to do. I can unlock profiles that are locked for editing, but get someone knowledgeable in your verse who is willing to apply the changes.
Most of the abilities are already applied and the rest are for profiles that don’t exist yet.

Anyway, from what I recall there were many pages worth of proper rebuttals met with stonewalling in the closed DC Comics threads in question, and the same arguments were spammed in different threads. It is unreasonable to expect us to keep retreading the same arguments over and over and over, and to cheerfully accept others wasting our time on an indefinite basis well after their points have been repeatedly addressed.

I was perfectly within my rights to close the threads in question, especially as they were likely deliberately posted in quick succession by the same group of people to pick a fight and severely interfere in different ways with a soon to be released very long prepared major revision for the verse in question.

Now please stop derailing this thread. It is intended to be used for very different purposes.

especially as they were likely deliberately posted in quick succession by the same group of people to pick a fight and severely interfere in different ways with a soon to be released very long prepared major revision for the verse in question.
This is untrue, disrespectful, uncivil, rude, baseless, impolite, and appealing to motive. Please focus on the actual facts instead of making assumptions

Anyway, from what I recall there were many pages worth of proper rebuttals met with stonewalling in the closed DC Comics threads in question, and the same arguments were spammed in different threads. It is unreasonable to expect us to keep retreading the same arguments over and over and over, and to cheerfully accept others wasting our time on an indefinite basis well after their points have been repeatedly addressed.

I was perfectly within my rights to close the threads in question, especially as they were likely deliberately posted in quick succession by the same group of people to pick a fight and severely interfere in different ways with a soon to be released very long prepared major revision for the verse in question.

Now please stop derailing this thread. It is intended to be used for very different purposes.
If I recollect, the Lucifer, Michael and Dream thread featured arguments that were never discussed in any other threads. However if you have proof they were please post it.

As for the Source downgrade thing, the arguments in the thread were never evaluated by any staff. It was mainly only two regular users who disagreed, however on the opposite end there were more people who did agree with the downgrade.

Back