• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

In fact, words in bold help to read the P&A. It is easy to identify what is justification and what is power
No, it looks extremely messy and ugly with sentences that suddenly switch back and forth between bolded and unbolded text when placed in such a compressed format, and we have not used this standard format during my previous over 8 years in this wiki. Sorry.

Also, as I mentioned above, we need a certain degree of uniformity regarding how we handle these things, and need to stick with either one or the other, and it just isn't remotely worth the trouble to change our standards at this point, with 28,000 pages that would need to be revised.

I am not budging regarding this topic, and have very limited tkme available, so that is final. My apologies.

Is not mandatory btw, is optional
We have consistently used the format that I described, and our standard format page shows an example for how to do so, but I can add some more explicit instructions there if you prefer. It was assumed to be self-evident, and we are not lawyers who could foresee every single loophole that some of our members might use against us in the future.

It was assumed to be self-evident, and we are not lawyers who could foresee every single loophole that some of our members might use against us in the future.
For all we know we might actually have members who are lawyers or are in some other way knowledgeable about the law and I'd assume that the people who have experience with discussions involving the rules would have some experience with loopholes.

it looks extremely messy and ugly with sentences that suddenly switch back and forth between bolded and unbolded text when placed in such a compressed format
No, It may be ugly for you, but not for everyone. I have seen people who prefer the method I used than the standard one, because by nature it's really better. You look at large pages and keep trying every 3 seconds to see if you are on the right line or not, which not happen if the words are bold; Many people think that the P&A being formed by topics like here is a ridiculous format, but that doesn't mean it can't be used

I am not budging regarding this topic, and have very limited tkme available, so that is final. My apologies.
Your opinion is not the only one that matters Ant, various staff members, myself included, consider it a perfectly viable alternative.
It was assumed to be self-evident, and we are not lawyers who could foresee every single loophole that some of our members might use against us in the future.
I was in that thread, there was no such assumption, it was simply not ruled against.

Well, I have usually had a good sense of judgement regarding how to guide the growth of this community for the last 8 years, and we cannot suddenly introduce completely inconsistent and messy looking new standards, so I am using my bureaucrat veto right to firmly reject your suggestion.

My apologies, but I am not budging when I think that something would be harmful to the wiki as a whole, and do not have the time and energy to continue to extensively argue about it. Also, this is not the right place to discuss the issue.

If you wish to use bolded text for powers and abilities sections, use a list format. Then it will not look messy and out of place.

Last edited:
That said clearly, if I find a profile that uses bold in P&A and is not in list format I will take the liberty and the audacity to remove the bold.

Thank you for helping out. Your help is appreciated.

Is there a way to turn off the feature that automatically converts certain characters to emojis? Like how : ) (without spaces) becomes :). Not a huge deal or anything, I just would like a way to turn it off.

Thank you. I think that the template in question can remain unlocked.

Last edited:

Alot of the video links used to scale Courage have been copyright striked by Warner Bro's and can't be viewed

Alot of the video links used to scale Courage have been copyright striked by Warner Bro's and can't be viewed
Okay. Feel free to remove them then.

It would be best if they are replaced by episode references though.

Just remove the embedded links, and preferably add references to which episodes that the videos originally came from as well.

I have done so. Tell me here when you have finished editing it.

I have done so. Tell me here when you have finished editing it.
I have deleted the links to youtube video's that no longer work, someone needs to do a massive rehaul of the verse as alot of the youtube feats for hax and scaling just dont work. Are there any supporters knowledgeable on the verse?

Back