• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so ainz win condition is use despair aura to instakill slime boy, assuming he negate ainz attempts to cast spells. He has two chances due to his ring of self ressurection....

Honestly leaning towards ainz at the moment, the combatants enter knowing they are fighting, ainz is thus liable to enter with his death aura active while slime isn't liable to use killing moves early on. Id nearly give it incon (leaning in favor of slime) but with slime unwilling to go instantly for his instant kill moves it puts ainz ahead especially if his main killing move is soul destruction as ainz is liable to resist it (based on him resisting things like hell flame)

ÒÇîDespair AuraÒÇì

Besides inflicting a fear effect, it could reduce the stats of its victims. Normally, it would not have an effect on the level one hundred NPCs, but on this occasion, its effects had been strengthened by the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown.
~ Overlord LN vol. 1, ch. 2​
It refers to level and doesn't refer to resistance. Hence until you can prove otherwise, the aura's effects are based on level/AP and not resistances. Besides, Rimuru also got a stronger aura that would just push Ainz's aura away, as well as his Multilayer-barrier which nullifies that sort of AoE effects anyway.

We already discussed this earlier, but in Slimeverse, if the resistance triggers and the potency gap is wide enough, it can outright nullify things. And that's exactly what would happen with Rimuru's magic resistance against Ainz's instant death magic. It'd be comparable to how Ainz is completely immune to "Tier 6 and worse magic of any kind".

To be fair, TGOALID might work, but before it's used Rimuru would have already soul-haxed Ainz. The soulhax is of the "soul domination" kind - it doesn't rely on destroying the soul of the opponent but rather on controlling it and enables the user to collect (or shatter it) at any time he wishes once applied.

In-Character, Ainz is more likely to bust out his Death spells earlier (Since they're sort of his specialty) but neither characters will start out guns blazing. A dialogue will definitely open and the two will have a conversation; Ainz trying to determine if his enemy is a Player and Rimuru trying to determine if his enemy is truly dangerous and if he could somehow avoid fighting and maybe becoming allies with this Undead (Who is extremely decked out so could at the very least bring extreme wealth to his Nation and boost it's economy)

Edit:

"It refers to level and doesn't refer to resistance."

Dude, look at the spell. Despair Aura is not the same as Despair Aura Level V (Max Level). It straight up says that it inflicts a fear effect that could reduce the stats of the victims; not the Despair Aura Level V that causes instant death.

"Hence until you can prove otherwise, the aura's effects are based on level/AP and not resistances."

If you actually looked at the spell, you can tell that the skill that's based off of levels aren't the same one as the one that causes instant death in an AoE.

"Besides, Rimuru also got a stronger aura that would just push Ainz's aura away, as well as his Multilayer-barrier which nullifies that sort of AoE effects anyway."

His Multilayer-Barrier is only mentioned to nullify magic, not skill abilities of which Despair Aura is. Also what the heck sort of logic is this? I'm not saying Aura as a literal sense, Aura as in "The area around him is affected"; an Aura. Which is how it's depicted.

"We already discussed this earlier, but in Slimeverse, if the resistance triggers and the potency gap is wide enough, it can outright nullify things."

Not really sure what this is in reference to.

"And that's exactly what would happen with Rimuru's magic resistance against Ainz's instant death magic. It'd be comparable to how Ainz is completely immune to "Tier 6 and worse magic of any kind"."

Despair Aura Level V is a Class Skill. Not a spell.

"To be fair, TGOALID might work, but before it's used Rimuru would have already soul-haxed Ainz. The soulhax is of the "soul domination" kind - it doesn't rely on destroying the soul of the opponent but rather on controlling it and enables the user to collect (or shatter it) at any time he wishes once applied."

Now I don't read the Light Novels but I don't recall Rimuru interrupting someone mid-attack as a common strategy...

GLHF22 said:
Nope

Regardless Ainz most likely will start with Grasp Heart
nope , unless ainz has a legit reason he wouldnt just pull grasp heart out of nowhere.

most likely ainz would start with info analysis on rimuru and.. as soon as he failed to read the slime well... ainz would definitely run away . thus rimuru wins via bfr

"most likely ainz would start with info analysis on rimuru and.. as soon as he failed to read the slime well... ainz would definitely run away . thus rimuru wins via bfr"

A win via BFR can only happen if the opponent is gone for 24 hours or more.

So very doubtful. Ainz was gone for all of a few hours max against Shalltear when his Shooting Star Super-Tier magic failed and when he went to prepare to fight against Shalltear with fully decked gear and strategy in tow.

Akreious said:
"Laugh at Anlys Milim energy who is far stronger than anything Ainz have"

... What are you even trying to say? Milim doesn't hide her energy and her resting "Casual" energy dwarfs Rimuru's by an insane margin until he becomes a Demon Slime and beyond. What does this have to do with Ainz straight up having no magic to detect, making Great Sage's magicule detection skill worthless to determine if someone is a threat? Someone who has the Talent of detecting latent magic ability thought Ainz straight up wasn't trained in magic at all when he was wearing his ring.

"and? great sage is AI inside Rimuru's Soul"

Irrelevant to my post...?
Lol. Ultimate Skill user is Resist info anlys by default, its their Passive Resistance even when clayman trying to Mindhax her, she forcing her Resistance to not Resist it

And I repeat not how we treat death hax on this site, unless rimuru has death resistance he doesn't get it for being a higher level its the same reason someone from one punch man can't beat ainz, why'll there physicals put them well over one hundred they don't gain any resistances from being that level.

Soul domination may be enough but it doesn't seem he's going straight for that move, (what are the mechanics of his soul hax?) akerious both characters enter under the assumption they are in combat thus I doubt much talking will take place as ainz is liable to just death hax as rimuru is talking.

As for ainz running? Depends on the stakes here, is he fighting to protect the npcs? Is he fighting to protect his kingdom? Is he fighting for the glory of ainz ooal gown?

NeoSuperior said:
@GLHF22 This is first key Rimuru though, so no Ultimate Skill.
No, i mean he say Rimuru cant anlys Ainz when he easily Anlys Milim energy who is Ultimate Skill User

Yeah until you prove the sage peered through her defenses when she didn't want him to Im calling bull, so no sage doesn't get a read on ainz.

So the soul hax are triggered by ainz being scared? Cause if it is it's totally useless.

"akerious both characters enter under the assumption they are in combat thus I doubt much talking will take place as ainz is liable to just death hax as rimuru is talking."

Just because someone is under the assumption they're in for a fight doesn't mean they're suddenly OOC. Ainz still wants to find other players and members of his old Guild and an extremely powerful sentient slime seems to be a unique enough creation a player would make as a joke. Rimuru under most circumstances would rather negotiate and become allies rather than fight; Ainz isn't the Orc Lord. the Druids didn't usher him onto fight this undead skeleton nor is he a demon lord (to his knowledge). He's just a fancy looking skeleton man.

Edit:

"Ainz run to make a plan to kill Rimuru though, which is Trigger Rimuru soulhax if he feared him"

No offense to you but please take a little more time to flesh out your grammar? It's beginning to get hard to understand your replies.

If your reply is assuming Ainz will fear Rimuru, Ainz as an undead is literally incapable of feeling fear besides act of World Class Items and equals.

"No, i mean he say Rimuru cant anlys Ainz when he easily Anlys Milim energy who is Ultimate Skill User"

Can't say anything about this since I haven't read the Light Novel.

NeoSuperior you got anything on this?

@The pen or the sword

Rimuru's soulhax automatically triggers when he scares someone or gets them to run away/retreat. Rimuru uses Coercion (which would be very in-character) once and the soulhax would trigger automatically. Either due to the short gap of emotion before the automatic emotion correction kicks in, or from Ainz's safety-first mindset. Either way it would work due to the sheer gap in strength.

Hmm yeah Im saying no, If it's based on fear than ainz doesn't get affected if its based on retreating than ainz will be affected. If your relying coercion to induce fear its especially useless due to ainz resisting mental/emotional manip.

Edit again this is difficult cause we don't know what ainz is fighting for, depending on what exactly that is he won't flee...

Ainz as an undead is, again, literally incapable of feeling emotions such as fear and it's only when his human personality shines through that the world has to right him and even then, this occurs much less later on in the story and only happened in the early parts of his adventures for the most part.

@Akreios Sorry, i on phone atm and my Autocorrect is very annoying so im triggered and just wrote anything in my mind

Akreious said:
Ainz as an undead is, again, literally incapable of feeling emotions such as fear and it's only when his human personality shines through that the world has to right him and even then, this occurs much less later on in the story and only happened in the early parts of his adventures for the most part.
No, he is capable to feel emotion

GLHF22 said:
@Akreios Sorry, i on phone atm and my Autocorrect is very annoying so im triggered and just wrote anything in my mind
Nah dude, it's fine if you take your time. I'm about to go to sleep so I'll definitely be taking my time seeing as my next post will be in 8-ish hours :p

Also yeah. Autocorrect sucks. Turned it off and never turned back.

Edit:

"No, he is capable to feel emotion"

I already brought up the times he felt emotion. This problem is largely rectified and doesn't really show up later on in the Light Novels.

Except as an undead he is not, and his emtions are often suppresed or straight up missing. Fear is one of the emotions that seems to have been totally removed from ainz much like his empathy, he still experiences the following all be it incredibly muted.

Anxiouness, nervousness, love, hatred, anger.

Nah dude, it's fine if you take your time. I'm about to go to sleep so I'll definitely be taking my time seeing as my next post will be in 8-ish hours :p

Also yeah. Autocorrect sucks. Turned it off and never turned back.

Edit:

"No, he is capable to feel emotion"

I already brought up the times he felt emotion. This problem is largely rectified and doesn't really show up later on in the Light Novels.

Ironically my Autocorrect help me a lot when i wrote my own language,

Ainz literaly always panic when he talking to Demiurgos

The pen or the sword said:
Panic is not fear nor is nervousness or anxouisness. Fear is one of the emotions ainz doesn't seem to experience much like his empathy for others.
He afraid Demiurgos Will know that he is just an average man you can find everywhere XD

The coercion would have the side-effect of informing Ainz of their more than 10x difference in AP and considering Ainz's caution that borders paranoia, he would likely retreat or at least have the willingness to do so, which would trigger Rimuru's soulhax.

Though I must admit that this match-up really is veeeery dependent on how the two of them interact and who does what first.

Akreious got a point that neither of them would just blindly go into the fray without having a conversation first. Ainz would want to gather information before carelessly making enemies and be careful about making any rash movements by himself that could lead to his death, while Rimuru would normally prefer not to kill someone Rimuru has no particular grudge against - or at most scare them away (unless they are a clear enemy, upon which Rimuru would cease any compromise attempts and go straight for the win, which the anime didn't cover), so his soul hax is a rather safe measure though since after it's used Rimuru could, just let the target go on their way for their everyday lives without influencing it directly afterwards, but holds control over their soul to prevent them from being hostile to him at any point in the future.

The issue is how the "willingess to kill", or at least BFR/incap/seal SBA would influence this.

Honestly without that Id see both combatants walking away unwilling to start a battle. Saying that would rimmuru care about the deaths ainz causes? As thats the only way I see these two ever falling into contention with one another...

Honestly without that Id see both combatants walking away unwilling to start a battle. Saying that would rimmuru care about the deaths ainz causes? As thats the only way I see these two ever falling into contention with one another...
Idk why people seem to think Rimuru is the type of guy that would "work to defeat the evil boi that kills humans".He gets really pissed when you mess with people he cares about but he's not going to react the same for the many strangers Ainz killed in his battles in the NW.

So Slime and ainz talk things out become friends and walk away amicably possibly talk in the future with rimuru joining the guild.
Nah it's more likely that Great Sage Deux ex machina's ainz's death manip, but that obviously isn't really allowed in versus debates.

Yeah nuetral world and ainz anti divination magic kinda make the sage useless here, saying that ainz win condition is to go for death manip before slime realizes what he's doing and goes for something to kill ainz/negate his casting.

Ainz can also win even if casting gets negated using his aura to kill slime but all slime needs to do is get ainz to flee and he soul haxes (saying that ainz will most likly be getting soul manip resistance depending on the ongoing crt.)

Ainz paronoid nature finally works against him in this istance as he is liable to flee stratagize, and swap his equipment when he knows the slimes power. Doing so from what I can tell activates slimes soul hax, which ainz can't resist at the moment.

Honestly this whole fight is dependent on the actions of these two characters rather than a gap in there abilities. Both have means to emerge victous neither one is liable to go for the kill right away, hell if not for sba demanding one die they would be unlikely to bother fighting.

Akreious said:
"most likely ainz would start with info analysis on rimuru and.. as soon as he failed to read the slime well... ainz would definitely run away . thus rimuru wins via bfr"

A win via BFR can only happen if the opponent is gone for 24 hours or more.

So very doubtful. Ainz was gone for all of a few hours max against Shalltear when his Shooting Star Super-Tier magic failed and when he went to prepare to fight against Shalltear with fully decked gear and strategy in tow.
trust me , ainz would be gone for more than 24 hours

In the anime at least, Ainz tries to use Super Tier magic on Shalltear in what seems to be high noon. In his fight, the sun is setting/has set. Either a day has passed or, given what we see on-screen, he was prepared to fight by the time it was dark.

@The pen or the sword

Still not sure about the Despair Aura, but in regards to info analysis, Great Sage is not "magic". It's far more scientific, or at least got a scientific aspect to it (possibly a Hybrid System) that enables direct comparison between the various inputs Great Sage receives via Rimuru's various senses, so any suspicious inconsistencies would instantly put Rimuru on guard.

The more I hear about slime boy the stranger he sounds....So can great sage precieve magical power? If so he's liable to not preceive anything as yggdrasil wasn't fully fantasy..."Literally an android with a rifle....Yet archers were still a viable class?" And ainz blocks attempts at determing information about him, one of his resistances was listed as info gathering resistance.

Im still leaning towards incon, neither one is clearly going for the kill first, both have mechanisms to one shot and both are liable to gobb for an indeterminte amount of time. Maybe a slight leaning towards slime boy as he could block ainz first attempt at death magic? Honestly this seems like a battle decided by luck and circumstance...

Saying something is "scientific" doesn't mean much though. Magic can be scientific as well.

Anyway, Ainz doesn't need to be gone for a whole day. Against Shalltear, he still had to go grab the WCIs, have that pep talk with Albedo, and set up everything around the battlefield, and he was done in less than a day.

I'll go with Incon as well as unless great sage's deus ex machina BS is allowed this likely gets decided by "who shoots first". in which Ainz has to use death magic first or rimuru chooses to pierce him with some icicle or something.

From everything I've read on here I'm getting vibes of incon or tilt towards Rimuru. The problems Ainz with have to overcome are just too much since he'll have to bypass magic disruption to cast along with Rimuru's accelerate though and Great Sage's ability to very quickly gauge threat level and what an opponent is doing. The instant Ainz tries to make a move, Great Sage will notice and Rimuru will activate magic sense and accelerate though(assuming these aren't already active) which will then lead to magic disruption being used to negate Ainz's magic. Coupled with Rimuru's vast arsenal of resistances and ability to use Gluttony to absorb things, he's got too much of an advantage if things DO go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back