• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown vs Negi Springfield

I found this too:

"That was not all.

Even the air — which was not even alive to begin with — fell into death. For over one hundred meters in all directions, the air was no longer breathable. If any living creature tried to respire within that area, their lungs would be corrupted by the deadly air, and they would die.

Neither did the land escape the embrace of death. The terrain in a hundred meter radius was instantly transmuted into sand."

TGOALID makes anything unkillable-killable, but from what I can say it is still a magic spell and could possibly be negated by magic nullification and it also takes 12 seconds to complete in a 200m radius, Negi could easily escape that through time-travel or Raiten Taisou.

Though it is unclear as to whether or not Ainz could use this skill in Time-Stop or time-stop has a long enough time to encompass the entire 12 seconds.

Killing physical objects that aren't alive and killing concepts are two completely different things.

TGOALID is an ability that augments instant death spell. It cannot simply be used without the use of any other instant death spell.

Allowing a physical object to "die" even when it doesn't normally live is interesting, but it's effects aren't really killing, but just corrupting. Turning the ground into sand makes basically no sense at all, but maybe it "killed" the molecular bonds of the soil and broke it down into a sand-like substance.

Well, I guess I should remove the death resistance from Gazef's profile, then, rip.

ExodusNexus said:
I think it doesn't really have a scientific analogy. It's just making it a wasteland.
Maybe, or maybe Overlord runs off of the "everything has lingering amounts of life in all things even if it isn't actively living" philosophy.

"No concept of life" doesn't necessarily mean "not an object of the concept of life". I've seen the exact same phrase used for an expression of just not knowing or having a personal conceptualisation of something. Without an elaboration we can't infer it means "detachment from an abstract universal of death".

Mx2432 said:
TGOALID makes anything unkillable-killable, but from what I can say it is still a magic spell and could possibly be negated by magic nullification and it also takes 12 seconds to complete in a 200m radius, Negi could easily escape that through time-travel or Raiten Taisou.
Though it is unclear as to whether or not Ainz could use this skill in Time-Stop or time-stop has a long enough time to encompass the entire 12 seconds.
TGOALID just allows an instant death spell to bypass resistances, for the price of delaying the effect for 12 seconds

The only reason everything around Ainz was turned into a wasteland was because he used an AOE instant death spell, Cry of the Banshee

If you're hit with an instant death spell, even one with AOE, and you run away, once the timer is up the instant death effect takes place

Theres a case where death hax can "kill" objects. But it has a lot of explanations.

TGOALID is just "stopping it from being "alive"/being able to support life". Sand can't support life (With a few exception), air turned into poison due to poison not supporting liffe.

ExodusNexus said:
I don't get it. How could a construct have any understanding of any concepts at all?
"Understand" is relative. Clearly it understands the concepts of "space", allowing it to move, "causality" allowing it to properly attack, and "enemy", which directs its actions.

ExodusNexus said:
I'm a bit new to this, so can you elaborate?
This is a bit much to go into in depth. Looking up literature on the conceptual scheme will probably help you understand what I'm getting at here. But, in short, everything has a conceptual scheme that allows them to make sense of and interpret the world; the world is impossible to understand without such a scheme and understanding of this scheme will change perception. Even a construct must have a conceptual scheme of something unless it is literal just a robot taking in orders. Anything that reacts to stimuli is interpreting the world through such a scheme, and lacking a part of the scheme will render you unable to interpret the world.

In this case, Shalltear's construct would lack conceptual understanding, or have a gap in its conceptual scheme, of what it is like to "live". Therefore killing it does not prove a detachment from a universal abstract but rather just a lack of a proper conceptual scheme and the imposition of something that lies within that conceptual gap on the one who lacks it.

Edit: Of course that is just one interpretation, but it seems to be the one Overlord has stuck with. If you think this is interesting and want a counter example, read "On the very idea of a conceptual scheme".

SchroKatze said:
Theres a case where death hax can "kill" objects. But it has a lot of explanations.
TGOALID is just "stopping it from being "alive"/being able to support life". Sand can't support life (With a few exception), air turned into poison due to poison not supporting liffe.

Why are you guys discussing on whether or not TGoALID is conceptual? It shouldn't really matter as Negi doesn't have Type 7 Immortality or even resistance to Death Manipulation, based on his profile.

If this is Negi-Ialda, time stop would't work, because in the UQ timeline, where Asuna is asleep. Homura use her time stop to save both Fate and Negi but failed.

And in the Prime Timeline where Asuna came back from the future, Negi and Asuna was also unaffected by time stop. And anything magical or supernatural related abilities can also be negated in the area if Negi is using the Ensis Exorcizans, it was proven when Kotaro wielded it all the magic attack that was use againts him was stopped.

LuciusAterna said:
How fast is his magic activation speed? I think Ainz have much higher cast speed right?
Timestop is speed of thought and everything else is one gesture basically.

He can use a spell to estimate an opponents level, a spell to see their mana amount, and a spell to see an approximation of their life force/health

But those require he use them, which is valuable time wasted when he could just use Time Stop

TGOALID allows Ainz to kill people with immunity to death magic in his game, such as undead. So TGOALID would certainly kill him, especially when he doesn't have any explicit death magic resistance besides his state of being.

As well, Ainz led with Time Stop against Gazef, in a moment where he treated Gazef like an actual threat to an extent as a sign of respect. If he doesn't have a reason to believe his opponent has time stop resistance, he'll probably cast it.

So I'll go Ainz for now. Negi doesn't really have much to resist death manipulation or emotion manipulation (Aura of Despair), while Ainz resists quite a lot.

I still keep my argument from before that I don't see Ainz starting up with Time Stop. But regardless, if this is Negi-Ialda because "peak of power", then things change immensely.

Could anyone that knows tell me when was it that Negi appeared to Touta in stopped time? I wanted to check if there's anything on it being related to Cutlass or he just naturally didn't care about it.

As well, Aura of Despair is gonna be like a tickle on Negi's side even if it's not Negi Ialda, seeing how he managed to withstand the whole of humanity's suffering and pain for 2 decades before breaking. Aura of Despair ain't gonna be doing much.

I'd CRT that in, then. I didn't see any sort of resistance on his profile.

Back