• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 10th strongest 5-C Non-smurf: Negi Springfield vs Korra

This may be a near-stomp for Korra as I see almost nothing in Negi's powerset that can truly harm her in when she's in this form. The time watch will be annoying, but it basically just gives Negi teleportation. The one notable thing I see is his Lagena Signatoria sealing technique. Does he resort to this technique often, and does he always carry a container on his person? I looked up his respect thread on reddit and there was no mention of the technique, so is it non-standard equipment?

Edit: The wiki for the series also calls it a demon-sealing bottle... Which Korra is not.

Last edited:
Because you asked and I a fan of both series (Avatar even more but I don't care for their matches)

Unless you give Negi knowledge that the real Korra is in another dimension, then this fight is a stomp as Negi can't win, simple as that

Second: I don´t know if we can equalize energies, if equalized, Negi resist magic= Korra's arsenal is useless, Magic in Negima is more of a advance science that you train via studiying which is fairly similar of studying the martial art of each bending, but is not my choice to equalize things (Also the fact that there are 2 types, east and west, in east, magic is known as ki and uses life force for example, Negi knows both types)

Edit: The wiki for the series also calls it a demon-sealing bottle... Which Korra is not.
Also spirits

And has it shown to work on a spirit that has large size?
I don´t remember but there is no limitation shown in the series and even a noob in magic can use this, Negi is literally a god compare to the newbies and the spell description is "Can imprison and render powerless spiritually powerful existence such as demons or spirits" So is also a power null

Also: Magia Erebea: Negi had learned this unique magic from Jack Rakan, the Thousand Swords, as such, he can absorb offensive spells meant to be used against his opponents and take on their attributes. Befitting its nature as the Dark Magic, Magia Erebea feeds on the negative emotions (hate, fear, and sorrow), as well as his body and soul, in exhance for greater physical and magical power. However, Negi has soon overcome this magic in his lifetime eventually mastering and making it his own, thus becoming an immortal like his master and its creator

And with mid-high regen and a massive ap advantage (300 exatons vs baseline? which is 22 exatons or something like that), Korra is not damaging Negi, even less with a resistance to magic if bending = magic and ki and Negi can create 1000 clones, with the same AP

So Korra is gonna have fun fighting 1000 guys that stomp her

Unless you give Negi knowledge that the real Korra is in another dimension, then this fight is a stomp as Negi can't win, simple as that
So Korra is gonna have fun fighting 1000 guys that stomp her
That was a quick change in tone, lol. Also, Korra does have spiritbending, which targets the soul and causes paralysis and can be used on multiple targets. Buts it's never her starting move and she'll probably resort to it when she figures out how strong Negi is.

Do you have any scans of the sealing bottle in action?

which targets the soul
Manus Jaldea: Once a being has reached a certain level of spiritual rank, it can survive even the destruction of its flesh and blood. Against these beings, the standard practice is to use spells like Lagena Signatoria to seal their existence, rendering them powerless. However, it is possible to annihilate them; the last combat spell Negi learned is one such spell. This spell is one which dramatically damages the spirit of its target – in other words, the basis of its existence, the soul.

Negi also can target the soul and Korra has to discover which of the 1000 clones is the real Negi

Edit: If energies are equalized, Negi would be able to resist spiritbending via his resistance to magic, not entirely, it would slow down the process massively and a clone if anything would stop her as she has to stand still

In the first episode of og Avatar, Katara states that bending isn't magic
But is like using Ki from the East type of magic:

Unlike western magic, the energy source in Eastern magic is Ki. However, Ki, which uses an individual’s life-force as fuel, would not be enough for large-scale magic such as the summoning of Ryoumen-Sukuna-no-Kami, so Mana would also be used. Comparatively, spell incantations also tend to be short, and there are no activation keys. In addition, there are very few spells with specific magic names. It is unknown whether Eastern mages require a focus to activate magic, but based on known depictions, it is likely that they are not necessary.

The fifth bending art, energybending, is unlike the other four in that little physical action is required to direct the bending itself. The four elemental bending arts are all dependent on the energy, or chi

Chi or qi[1] refers to the metaphysical energy that flows throughout the human body. It is a concept that serves as the root of bending and an array of other skills.

Stomp her physically, not the battle
Before I go on, for the purposes of these threads to end up on the top 10 lists, would the fact that Negi can't do anything to the real Korra automatically put her on the list, or does she need to beat him first? I assumed it was the later going into this match.

Before I go on, for the purposes of these threads to end up on the top 10 lists, would the fact that Negi can't do anything to the real Korra automatically put her on the list, or does she need to beat him first? I assumed it was the later going into this match.
Negi would never get tired normally so he can at worst, outlast Korra

Who would have to eat someday, Negi can fight for 10 days and in this key, he regains the energy he and his enemy waste passively, so he can fight for even more time than before, Korra can't stay 10 days figthing

Unless you want to debate that Raava gives Korra infinite stamina, then is a massive stalemate just for the fact that Korra is a coward (¿)

Aight, just wanted to make sure.

You have a point when it comes to ki-equalization and Negi being able to resist that, but benders also have a lot of aoe attacks... I don't think Negi could anticipate the ground opening up under his feet via earthbending.

Also, going back to spiritbending, it's most likely layered. Avatar Yangchen in the most recent novel was able to resist the effects of the fog of lost souls specifically because of her past lives layered inside of her soul. Yet when Korra was in the spirit world, she was almost destroyed by spiritbending and had to have outside help to save her.

You have a point when it comes to ki-equalization and Negi being able to resist that, but benders also have a lot of aoe attacks... I don't think Negi could anticipate the ground opening up under his feet via earthbending.
Negi is flying the whole fight, earthbending unless used like Avatar Aang is completely pointless and Negi is still massively stronger + resistant to magic, also, he has AoE as well

Also, going back to spiritbending, it's most likely layered. Avatar Yangchen in the most recent novel was able to resist the effects of the fog of lost souls specifically because of her past lives layered inside of her soul. Yet when Korra was in the spirit world, she was almost destroyed by spiritbending and had to have outside help to save her.
No idea of this but she has to use that and Negi can also create ilusions, that and clones= pretty difficult to land a succesfull spiritbending, because is not instant, she needs time to extract the energy

At best is inconclusive, or Negi outlast or Korra somehow lands a lucky Spiritbending hit, if Korra has nearly infinite stamina then coin flip because Negi wins the fight against the avatar and then it will be impossible for Korra to send the avatar and win again, because Negi will proceed to repeat the same strategy everytime and win against the avatar 100% easy mode gg get rekt

And I doubt Korra has infinite stamina or she would just have sent the Cosmic Avatar again vs Unalaq (worst villain ever), I saw the fight again and Unalaq could affect Korra when affecting the Avatar? If that is the case, then ignore this, but Korra having infinite stamina still has the problem of not being on her profile

And I doubt Korra has infinite stamina or she would just have sent the Cosmic Avatar again vs Unalaq (worst villain ever), I saw the fight again and Unalaq could affect Korra when affecting the Avatar? If that is the case, then ignore this, but Korra having infinite stamina still has the problem of not being on her profile
There was no need for her to send another one cause the first one wasn't destroyed. And I'm not sure what you mean by "affect Korra when affecting the avatar?" Both Cosmic Korra and Unavaatu get thrown around a lot and clearly feel pain, but they get back up afterwards. I'm not sure how good their stamina is, to be honest, considering that both of them are not biological.

If you're talking about the part where Korra is nearly destroyed by dark spiritbending, it's because the form is connected to her essence, and according to the creators, dark spiritbending poisons and switches your internal energy to negative, which is similar to what almost happened to Aang in his fight with Ozai.

Well, after all of this

Negi stomps the cosmic Korra, Korra sends more Cosmic projections and Negi wins if he outlast, Korra wins if she somehow is able to use spiritbending sucessfully or inconclusive because is an extremely never ending battle depending of the stamina

If Korra instead is in the same realm as Negi, Negi tracks her and would end the fight

Back