• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord) VS Reinhard van Astrea (Re:Zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two overpowered character from anime series that both have a protagonist stuck in another world. Go figure.

Round 1: Base Reinhard, No Insta-Kill for Ainz

Round 2: Reinhard with Dragon Sword Raid, No restrictions for Ainz

Both rounds are speed equalized, by the way. Also, no outside help or third party abilities are allowed! This means Reinhard CANNOT pull out new powers, and is only restricted to the ones he currently has.

So, who's more hax? The Lich Lord or the Sword Saint?

Ainz Ooal Gown
Reinhard

Ainz Ooal Gown's Profile

Reinhard van Astrea's Profile

Reinhard stomps both rounds. I did Saber vs Reinhard. It never ends well considering he can't be hit and always gets whatever he needs to win. Plus he can tell the difference between salt and sugar sooooooo.

A Hero Long Forgotten said:
Reinhard stomps both rounds. I did Saber vs Reinhard. It never ends well considering he can't be hit and always gets whatever he needs to win. Plus he can tell the difference between salt and sugar sooooooo.
Weeeell... Ainz is pretty OP himself. And would he really win even the first round? Where he caps at building level?

The second round, yes Reinhard should win that... But this is a VS Battle after all. Better wait for other people to comment on this.

I'm only watching the anime, and Reinhard is not that impressive.

Is he that strong in the novels?

Edit: Wait, don't answer. I don't want to get spoiled

Jucaslucas said:
True, so far he only demolished a house.

Though this battle is bound to spoil you soon (Especially when the experts come in!), so if that's not your cup of tea then... Yeah.

Jucaslucas said:
Is he that strong in the novels?

Edit: Wait, don't answer. I don't want to get spoiled
Well i suggest you don't view this thread as spoilers about him will be thrown around, don't view what i will say after this it will be spoilers.

Round 1: Inconclusive, reinhards blessings make it so none of ainz's attacks will hit him,wait scratch that wish upon a star seems pretty op i guess he could wish to hit reinhard and yes that would work because ainz's is on a higher level than reinhard here, blessings aren't all powerful superior hax will get through it.

Round 2: Reinhard, he has superior dc and again the thing with blessings is that while they aren't perfect as they can be made useless by superior hax, in this case reinhard is the one on a higher level so i don't thing ainz can get past his hax.

^is reinhards blessings including blessing against time stop and grant a wish magic? Ainz with wish upon a star is unknown tier (I dont know is that 6-C or maybe higher).

Makina Yuki said:
^is reinhards blessings including blessing against time stop and grant a wish magic? Ainz with wish upon a star is unknown tier (I dont know is that 6-C or maybe higher).
His blessings like first attack immunity and proceeding attack immunity basically makes all attacks miss him but it's not all powerful stronger abilities can get past it, it's just that raid raises all of reinhards stats to my knowledge so while ainz could get through base form reinhards defenses as wish upon a star is pretty op i don't think he could get through raid reinhard as he is on another level, and time stop isn't gonna affect reinhard correct me if i am wrong but isn't time stop usually considered a debuff?Debuffs can't affect reinhard and even if it did work ainz still couldn't get past reinhards defenses.

Reinhard is being wanked hard recently. First Attack Immunity and Proceeding Attack Immunity really are only physical attacks and projectiles, at most (we haven't even really seen what it does yet). It does not counter death induction, AoE attacks, or reality warping.

So stop this nonsense, Ainz wins both rounds.

Ainz is pretty godamn strong tbh, a lot of his powers don't need to even hit directly since they come from a video game so the logic isn't exactly there for every spell to be 'fair'. His favorite is the heart crushing spell and it's basically a 'click on a unit and use the cooldown for full effect' type spell that doesn't travel through the air or anything.

Not even getting into self ressurection or having wishes or any of that nonsense.

Ainz wins rounds 1 handily and round 2 with difficulty.

Tivanenk said:
Reinhard is being wanked hard recently. First Attack Immunity and Proceeding Attack Immunity really are only physical attacks and projectiles, at most (we haven't even really seen what it does yet). It does not counter death induction, AoE attacks, or reality warping.
So stop this nonsense, Ainz wins both rounds.
There really has been a couple of reinhard threads lately,hmm i think it might be time to add a few more explainations on his abilities such as stronger abilities making his blessings useless as to not have people wanking him too much.As for first attack immunity and proceeding attack immunity being only for projectiles and physical attacks i don't think that is the case if ln readers are to be believed arrow avoidance is for projectiles but first attack immunity and proceeding attack immunity don't just work on physical attacks or projectiles but there are clear limits to it as stronger abilities will trump it:reality warping,causality manipulation,probability manipulation etc or just other hax abilities in general, we have to limit reinhard a bit though as information on reinhards fights isn't readily available and while there are some broken abilities in re zero it's not clear how those work against his abilities but it's pretty clear though superior abilities trump his as stronger blessings>weaker blessings. Anyway i am changing my vote for both rounds to ainz after looking at his abilities more because of wish upon a star and the goal of all life is death etc, ainz has disgusting hax which i think can put reinhard down and at this point i think if someone as any comparable hax to reinhard it's enough to get past his defenses.

Ainz cannot be defeated by normal weapon (overlord light novel volume 9), thats why I can say that reinhard cannot beat ainz in round 1 (either lose for reinhard or inconclusive). Reinhard maybe could beat ainz in round 2 if he using raid. But still, reinhard unaware with subaru reset ability (if reinhard really has blessing against time manipulation or reality wraping he will be aware with subaru ability) so I doubt that he has immunity against time manipulation and reality wraping.

Makina Yuki said:
Ainz cannot be defeated by normal weapon (overlord light novel volume 9), thats why I can say that reinhard cannot beat ainz in round 1 (either lose for reinhard or inconclusive). Reinhard maybe could beat ainz in round 2 if he using raid. But still, reinhard unaware with subaru reset ability (if reinhard really has blessing against time manipulation or reality wraping he will be aware with subaru ability) so I doubt that he has immunity against time manipulation and reality wraping.
While i agree ainz would win this reinhard being unaware of subaru's reset really is no indication of whether he has immunity to time manipulation simply because of plot, subaru is meant to suffer and as such no one is allowed to know about his ability (though someone does eventually but it's complicated how that came about). Reinhard is literally a walking plot device he has the power to win any fight if he knew about subaru and helped him there would literally be no tension in the story. Also from what i have heard reinhard killed a guy who could manipulate time by stopping the time of themselves or anything they're wearing, touched, and his timestop basically negatated any attack against him and allowed him to cut anything in his trajectory no matter the toughness, and yet reinhard still beat this guy.

Makina Yuki said:
^which volume? If he really able beat time manipulator we should add it to his profile.
The volume isn't out yet the light novel is at volume 8 at this point and is still in arc 3, reinhard doesn't really fight until arc 5 in the web novel where there is a big war going on. The time manipulator is the archbishop sin of greed, anyway as stated on the profile we really don't know just how powerful reinhard is, it's mostly just surface information and official scans like the list of his blessings.

It's funny because when reinhard beat the greed bishop the power of greed was like saidreinhard and went over to jump in suberus body.

Wish upon a star+ shooting star and then disable Reinhard's abilities+ Grasp heart spell = Ainz wins GG

goal of all life is death = Ainz wins GG

True death + time stop = Ainz wins GG

Ainz wins due to reasons above. AoE cry of the banshee is virtually impossible to dodge and is not a projectile of physical attack. Ainz wins both rounds; the first with small difficulty and the second with moderate difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back