• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ahzek Ahriman vs Ragna the Bloodedge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to derail much but Russ ****** Magnus up so badly his essence shattered and there was a whole book dedicated to Magnus getting all the shards of his essence back. I think when he struck Magnus' eye all his defenses went down which is why the symbolic attack was so deadly.

He doesn't even need to stay in the warp that long. Just long enough to get out of Ragna's reach and end the battle.

SBA and the profile includes Ahriman at his peak, so he's not strictly bound to the far weaker state he was at during most of Exile. We're using the whole beating through Yncarne feat, after all.

The argument is once he senses the power and starts getting hit by passives he goes into the Warp and preps like he did with Yncarne who is a fraction of Ynnead.

How would Ragna react to being a tear in reality appearing and sucking him within?

Vortex of Doom: Ahriman tears open a massive gateway to the Warp, sucking even the strongest of foes into the abyss.

Ahriman can also bypass resistances.

Warp Lure: Specifically designed to take care of similarly magical or psychic foes, Ahriman tears away his target's supernatural defenses and illuminates their presence in the Warp, causing their very essence to be obliterated in a feeding frenzy of daemonic beasts.

If he was in any real danger he could call on the power of Tzeentch himself. Although this can have many, many meanings. This is something he's very reluctant to do so it's unlikely.

You can call Ragna magical if you call blob of acid magical because Black Beast is that, a huge mass of seithr which isn't even magical in nature.

He can just separate the portal by just appearing from different parts of planet earth. It's mass of seithr anyway, it can reform.

@Wokistan that's assuming Ahzek can withstand getting info dumped to the point that his entire body gets destroyed

Prep time comes from how he can essentially just give it to himself by escaping into the warp and taking some time to plan and prepare more powerful magic. Ahriman is definitely the type to do this.

"magical" in 40k is basically everything besides like necrons and shit. Warp lure runs the risk of drawing unwanted attention to Ahriman as well, but he would use the combo of warp BFR + lure if he needed to.

40k portals don't have mass though. As shown by the Yncarne stuff he also can do other stuff than the portal to BFR, as he just sorta created his weird little space on top of that thing. With a ritual he once dumped an entire star into the warp, so if he prepares something like that while safe in the warp the black beast being gigantic shouldn't be an issue.

And again, that's also assuming he can withstand the hax that he doesn't resist and is passive.

I don't think he's gonna try and channel tzeentch though, considering he hates tzeentch. There's been times where he'd been more content with just dying than trying to accept Tzeentch's offers, like during the fall of Prospero.

The info thing sounds like AP, but considering he has stuff like that entire book of Magnus committed to memory and can withstand open travel in the Warp, that's gonna have to be some information overload.

It's not AP. It's basically from the Boundary. Which has infinite information dating back to the beginning of time. If it was AP, then that would mean every single BlazBlue character has 2-A defense by default. Which would throw a massive wrench into the scaling

Rn I see the time manip as the biggest potential issue. He has his own that he does make usage of quite a lot, and did resist from that Necron, but necrons tend to use the higher dimensional stuff a little differently. For example, they have a gun that fires in 5 dimensions. All it really does is make it basically undodgable due to the bullet coming from an imperceptible axis, not High 2-A AP. I don't know if the time stop is in the same boat, or even if it could he assumed to extend that high. If someone had the direct quote that'd be nice.

However, you did say it only sorta affected a guy.

Rachel stated on how the boundary can mess with the flow of time with its existence. And the Cauldron is basically stated to have time stopped in it's presence. The black beast is a cauldron gone haywire, so it essentially has everything the Cauldron/Boundary has

If Ahriman does manage to get away there are many things he could use to win. He could technically use Law Manipulation via Vortex of Doom if he allows the warp energy to leak onto the planet. Then he's able to control the laws of nature and logic.

I doubt Information Overload will work seeing as he reads the higher-dimensional patterns of the warp constantly to use precogniton.

Wokistan said:
I don't think he's gonna try and channel tzeentch though, considering he hates tzeentch. There's been times where he'd been more content with just dying than trying to accept Tzeentch's offers, like during the fall of Prospero.
That was actually Magnus but fair point.

Magnus gave in at the end. Pretty sure there was that time when Ahriman just sorta accepted his fate after killing Wyrmdrake despite being called out to by something that was almost certainly tzeentch, but this specific thing isn't really important considering his hatred of his own god is well established.

Wokistan said:
Rn I see the time manip as the biggest potential issue. He has his own that he does make usage of quite a lot, and did resist from that Necron, but necrons tend to use the higher dimensional stuff a little differently. For example, they have a gun that fires in 5 dimensions. All it really does is make it basically undodgable due to the bullet coming from an imperceptible axis, not High 2-A AP.
TBF, that's because it's explicitly the way the gun is designed to work. It's not firing with 5-D power or firing a 5-D projectile. It's just essentially impossible to dodge for a normal target because it's firing in one more dimension than it's even possible for them to move. This is similar to how necron tomb blades are designed to track targets through seven dimensions of movement, allowing for insane accuracy.

Necrons still have tech that is clearly higher dimensional, such as tesseract vaults and that 20something-dimensional C'tan shard prison. They just often make use of higher-dimensional fuckery with their basic weapons, as well.

The worst part is the gun isn't just a normal gun. It's a gun that unbonds the molecules that make up your neural tissue and basically turns you into a corpse without any outer wounds.

@glass

Depends, as I'm not sure that's a scenario that's ever happened to him. He has processed the information of billions of possible futures flowing into him in the span of under a nanosecond, as well as been able to comprehend and study higher-dimensional/dimensionless information in regards to the Warp, so I guess saying he could at least do so for the nanosecond it requires him to eject himself out of reality wouldn't be too much of a stretch. But idk the exact circumstances.

@Azzy he'd have to take in infinite amount of information that spans to the very beginning of time. Which is linked to all of realities. So basically 2-A info dumping. If your body cannot handle it, it will destroy itself in the process.

So, just to ask the question that's been on my mind since I got here...

What is Ragna capable of doing to win in this fight?

He'll get a plenty of chance if he managed to slow him down so I don't call this a stomp. Though Ahriman wins by the way I see it.

He could paralyze, corrupt, transmutate, and inflict chaos on him passively. And soul strike him and negate his healing and Regenerationn on a 2-A scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back