• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adhesion is more the just Surface Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a bit rediculious that Adhesivity was renamed to Surface Scaling on the grounds of it being restricting, considering that's signifigantly more restricting. Plenty of characters have Adhesive powers that have nothing to do with Wall Crawling. To name a few, we have;

• Genos can release an adhesive goo from his heels
  • Kaladin Stormblessed can literally stick things to other things
  • Hanta Sero can create an adhesive tape-like substance
  • Kojiro Bondo spews an adhesive gel

I'm sure a more in-depth search would turn up more, but this is a fine sample for now.

Don't know many characters that that have adhesive powers that don't mainly use the for surface scaling. I guess we could add a little extra wording in the Surface Scaling page that says characters can also utilize this power in such and such way?.

I can think of three characters from just one verse right now who's only power is some kind of adhesive that also don't wall crawl. They may be few and far between, but that doesn't make them not exist.

Personally, yes. I'm sure, givin some time we could find a bunch of character from many verses with Adhesive powers that are useful for more then just wall crawling. It just seems needlessly restrictive.

I see what you mean, I think re making a page for this power is fine.

You should just contact some staff members and get their input. No need to make a new thread given an admin or content mod can move this to the CTR Board if need be.

I suppose on the profiles just describe the adhesive ability instead of calling it surface scaling.

If this is done, this should probably be a new powers page kept separate from surface scaling.

I am not sure if the ability is common and important enough though.

I need to stop forgeting about this

I can't say much on it's importance, as I'm unaware of what it would require, but as for commonality, that's easy. Adhesion based powers are signifigantly more common then you might have thought. For example, characters from all over fiction can secrete some kinda sticky substance. Spider based characters frequently can produce a sticky thread, while various monsters can produce a sticky goo of some sort. Characters from Ben 10 and Kim Possible have displayed different adhesive abilities. Spider-Ma himself has sticky webs. Oh, and I forgot about Minoru Mineta and his sticky balls. The superpowers wiki has an Adhesion page and it lists several characters with some variation on the power.

It's up to you guys what you wanna do. The main reason I want an Adhesion page is because several characters I plan on adding to the wiki have it as there only real ability.

I know several characters who use Adhesive or Sticky in the form of attack, defense, or restrain. Surface scaling is a form sure. But I believe Surface scaling and Adhesive should be separate pages. I myself was actually in the middle of making one and brought it up unofficial powers thread as I believe it's common enough for its own page and I would like to post my page for it if acceptable

are normal member allowed to make powers and abilities pages or should we make a full threat first to discuss like with this one?

Normal members should show a draft to high-ranking staff members first and get it accepted.

iirc having a separate Adhesivity page was basically accepted, but it was never actually drafted. Around late April.

So basically I welcome this change, it's long overdue.

Okay. Thanks. Would somebody experienced be willing to write a draft page for this?

Honestly I don't know why we never just had surface scaling as a subset/use of adhesive manipulation.

Because many, many instances of Surface Scaling are done without adhesives.

Characters can do it via spiked boots, shifting their gravity (as with Oudo Miyakonojou), or with no explanation given whatsoever but with nothing indicating the use of adhesives (as with many Monogatari characters).

@Ant The blog looks fine to me.

Okay. Others should probably feel free to create the page then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back