• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adaptation vs Reactive Eevolutionn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
What's the difference here, in terms of these ability's mechanics? Because they don't seem to be very different, and the Adaptation page is a lot worse than the Reactive Evolution page.

Adaptation : You are 0. Enemy is 1. You become 1

Reactive-Evolution : You are 0. Enemy is 1. You become 2 (?)

My own thoughts on this subject matter, probably incorrect though :p :/

Adaptation = Changing to suit your environment.

Reactive Evolution = Changing to suit your enemy's attacks.

At least, that's how I see it.

Well, even if that was the case, are they worth differentiating with different pages?

Adaption is more focused on enviroment only

While Reactive Evolution can produces huge changes in the user for several proposes. Like Black or Metal Bat for example, they can become stronger from each hit that they take, but his powers doesn't gave them any related to adapt to extreme climatic changes or drastically different areas/terrains.

I agree with Aiden.

In my eyes, Adaptation is like an Octopus changing color to match the background, or a fox shedding fur in time for summer.

Reactive Evolution is more along the lines of power boosts in direct response to external stimuli from their opponents and it doesn't always need to cause massive changes in body structure.

What about Tatsumi from Akame ga Kill?

He adapted to the whole freezing molecules (iirc) of Esdeath's Mahapadma, being able to resist it, but he also evolves to become stronger, faster, more durable, and then, be able to fly.

Is he considered both?

Well, as far as I understand, adaption is the lesser trait, as it is strictly tied to the environment, such as growing gills under water, whereas reactive evolution can include that trait, and also grow more powerful from external stress.

In Tatsumi's case, I think that is covered by reactive evolution.

Adaptation gives the ability to balance the resources of your current body.

Evolution actually improve your body (new abilities, resistance, more power, etc.

Okay. Thank you for the clarification.

Does this need to be better explained in the respective pages?

I agree with DarkLK.

Evolution clearly defines an improvement while adaption is altering yourself to better suit your environment but you don't qualitatively improve.

I think this should be better explained on both pages.

I agree. Would one of you be willing to do so Reppuzan, Promestein, and The Everlasting?

I would say Evolution is also slower and might be even more mentally focused while Reactive is literally your body reacting.

Edit - But Dark's stuff is pretty spot-on

I updated both pages. I am quite tired, though, so if someone would add more examples to the Adaptation page, that would be very much appreciated.

I have now attempted to modify the two pages to become easier to understand.

No problem. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back