• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BLACK CLOVER: ASTA'S REACTIVE EVOLUTION REPLACEMENT AND OTHER ADDITIONS

AM literally counters anything magic in the verse
That's a bad argument to make. Just because Anti-Magic naturally counters magic, doesn't mean it always works, which is why just swinging his sword wasn't enough to cancel out Yultim Volcano's heat. That's why he had to adapt and use his Anti-Magic in a different way

Mages can use Mana Skin, but since Asta had no magic, he couldn't use Mana Skin. So, he adapted by surrounding himself with Anti-Magic to achieve the same result
Anti magic is still like a magic which negate magic though.

I am not saying it's magic but I hope you get what i mean.

Anti magic is still like a magic which negate magic though.

I am not saying it's magic but I hope you get what i mean.
Not really, and we've seen that Anti-Magic has its own limitations that no standard magic has. That's why it's important that Asta develops techniques like this "Anti-Mana Skin" to account for these shortcomings

And his all covered in AM so his body itself is not adapting it's just nullifying the effects of the heat
Developing this technique for the purpose of countering Yultim Volcano's heat is textbook Adaptation. You're skewing what qualifies as Adaptation here

Not really, and we've seen that Anti-Magic has its own limitations that no standard magic has. That's why it's important that Asta develops techniques like this "Anti-Mana Skin" to account for these shortcomings
Every magic has its limitations. Anti magic works in a different way. Isn't that volcano based on pure mana ? It's been a long time i read the series. Correct me if I am wrong

That's a bad argument to make. Just because Anti-Magic naturally counters magic, doesn't mean it always works, which is why just swinging his sword wasn't enough to cancel out Yultim Volcano's heat. That's why he had to adapt and use his Anti-Magic in a different way
His body itself ain't adapting he just covered himself in AM, why would the AM cancel Yultim Volcano when his AM is limited on range and quantity

Developing this technique for the purpose of countering Yultim Volcano's heat is textbook Adaptation. You're skewing what qualifies as Adaptation here
Which part of there is adapting? his just really nullifying the effects of the heat of volcano also can you call other staff? i really need to know what they think about this since they could also correct me

His body itself ain't adapting he just covered himself in AM, why would the AM cancel Yultim Volcano when his AM is limited on range and quantity
You keep relying on this "his body itself isn't adapting" argument when that does not hold up at all. Developing the ability to use Black Asta at will and developing an "Anti-Mana Skin," both in direct response to Yultim Volcano's heat, is textbook Adaptation. Anti-Magic's limited range not working on Yultim Volcano is precisely why this is Adaptation. He couldn't deal with it normally, so he had to adapt by developing a new means of dealing with it.

You keep relying on this "his body itself isn't adapting" argument when that does not hold up at all. Developing the ability to use Black Asta at will and developing an "Anti-Mana Skin," both in direct response to Yultim Volcano's heat, is textbook Adaptation. Anti-Magic's limited range not working on Yultim Volcano is precisely why this is Adaptation. He couldn't deal with it normally, so he had to adapt by developing a new means of dealing with it.
He can't survive that volcano without anti magic which literally shows he didn't adopted he just used anti magic as a Shield
Nah this man is creating ambiguity in his arguments

anti magic does not counter anything, otherwise Asta would’ve been the strongest in the verse from day 1.
That's not the point he is talking about.

He can't survive that volcano without anti magic which literally shows he didn't adopted he just used anti magic as a Shield
And again I say, developing an ability in direct response to something that could not be dealt with before is textbook Adaptation

Why do you guys keep skewing what Adaptation is?

Adaptation does say this

"This can include developing abilities to breathe underwater or in air with variable compositions, withstand different atmospheric pressures, live in much colder or hotter climates, see in greater darkness, develop camouflage colouring to hide from threats, etcetera."

Now this can apply to what Asta did, but I would still say it's limited adaptation

Nah this man is creating ambiguity in his arguments

anti magic does not counter anything, otherwise Asta would’ve been the strongest in the verse from day 1.
Bruh the name itself say so, thinking asta would be strongest in the verse day 1 since he can counter magic in the verse is kinda dumb, there limits what AM can do the area of effect, the AM that he is letting out, his skill, and depends on what magic the enemy has, how skilled his enemies is, how knowledgeable asta about on his own power, how smart the enemy is and how smart Asta is.

And again I say, developing an ability in direct response to something that could not be dealt with before is textbook Adaptation

Why do you guys keep skewing what Adaptation is?
Let me explain

Every character who has magic uses mana skin to protect themselves. Just like that asta did same thing using anti magic he isn't got immunity or permanent resistance to volcanos heat. He still needs to use AM mana skin everytime when he goes to that volcano just like other mages.

Adaptation does say this

"This can include developing abilities to breathe underwater or in air with variable compositions, withstand different atmospheric pressures, live in much colder or hotter climates, see in greater darkness, develop camouflage colouring to hide from threats, etcetera."

Now this can apply to what Asta did, but I would still say it's limited adaptation
Let me explain

Every character who has magic uses mana skin to protect themselves. Just like that asta did same thing using anti magic he isn't got immunity or permanent resistance to volcanos heat. He still needs to use AM mana skin everytime when he goes to that volcano just like other mages.
He's still developing this in direct response and to be able to withstand a harsher climate, and unlike standard mages that can use Mana Skin as a basic technique, Asta had to actively develop his own version of it.

So he's still kinda adapting, so I'm fine with Limited Adaptation

Adaptation does say this

Eh is it really just that still kinda iffy about it but if it's limited i'm fine

He's still developing this in direct response and to be able to withstand a harsher climate, and unlike standard mages that can use Mana Skin as a basic technique, Asta had to actively develop his own version of it.

So he's still kinda adapting, so I'm fine with Limited Adaptation
You still repeated what i said yes other mages uses magic to protect themselves from heat asta uses anti magic why should that be adoptive. Is there anywhere it's stated it's impossible for AM to use as a shield to protect themselves from Volcanos heat ?

You still repeated what i said yes other mages uses magic to protect themselves from heat asta uses anti magic why should that be adoptive. Is there anywhere it's stated it's impossible got AM to use as a shield to protect themselves from Volcanos heat ?
Because it's a basic ability all mages can use vs. an ability Asta had to develop himself

Although i still disagree on the RE tho
Reactive Evolution is the ability to, in response to threats and adverse situations, adapt to grow better capable of dealing with any given issue; this can mean growing to become more resistant to certain methods of attack and certain abilities, developing new powers to better defend one's self, or just becoming more powerful to become an even greater threat.

A combination of Adaptation and Reactive Power Level, rather than adapting to better utilize their resources or rather than just growing stronger, the user improves in any number of ways to become more successful, durable, and powerful whenever their respective limits are tested.
Limited Reactive Evolution since he surpasses his limits to counter methods of attack and certain abilities, which he has never countered before, with anti magic.

How is that not fair? A compromise between not having it and fully having it would be having it to a limited degree. Anything else would be more in favor for one side
I knowwww but it’s fine. I don’t mind that much. Although for Asta to adapt to Kiato he needed to surpass his limits to mimick his dance magic with his body

Back