• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Actual YGO card game discussion thread: Firewall did nothing wrong

CONSTRUCT IS FREE

INFERNITY BARRIER TO 3.

Shurit is free.

Cyber einstein is free (any major comboes?)

I told you Rhongo had to go, right?

Now dark warriors will have to struggle. Grepher is at one.

Spoilers:

Banned:

FAIRY TAIL - SNOW, GRINDER GOLEM, TOPOLOGIC GUMBLAR DRAGON, NUMBER 42: GALAXY TOMAHAWK, NUMBER 86: HEROIC CHAMPION - RHONGOMYNIAD, SOUL CHARGE

Limited:

CHAOS EMPEROR DRAGON - ENVOY OF THE END, CYBER-STEIN, DARK GREPHER, SHURIT, STRATEGIST OF THE NEKROZ, EL SHADDOLL CONSTRUCT, BRILLIANT FUSION, GOLD SARCOPHAGUS, MAGICAL MID-BREAKER FIELD, SCAPEGOAT, SLASH DRAW

Free (to 3):

INZEKTOR HORNET, NEKROZ OF BRIONAC, EVILSWARM EXCITON KNIGHT, INTERRUPTED KAIJU SLUMBER, THE MONARCHS STORMFORTH, ERADICATOR EPIDEMIC VIRUS, INFERNITY BARRIER, WIND-UP MAGICIAN, T.G. HYPER LIBRARIAN, LIMITER REMOVAL

But my favorite hawk is still at one.

Still, this is wild. I agree that I don't think snow should be banned, but other than that, it's pretty solid.

I don't think Snow needed to be banned either but I understand why they did it, banishing a ton of Thunder Dragon monsters is kinda like banishing a ton of Dragon Rulers and Dangers load your graveyard while you cycle through your cards and let you make Curious. This may surprise y'all but I take no issue with Brilliant Fusion being limited. The engine is still more than usable in most decks that have played it, only not in Thunder Dragons. I'm a big fan of Konami tossing out some pretty aggressive unlimits and I hope that this trend continues. At the end of the day, it hurts BA and Noid but nowhere near fatally and does effectively nothing to PK Fire which can play Eradicator going first and now has access to triple Slumber going second.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll free some BA stuff on the next banlist in anticipation of the release of Cherubini (no sooner than April and Cherubini comes out in May). They know damn well that doing so will make more people buy the new set.

Tomahawk had to be banned at some point and I'm glad to see it go.

Dark Warrior's toxic strategies are annihilated but the deck can still do things. Two warriors still yield an extra link w/ tri-linked Tri-Gate or a tri-linked Tri-Gate with a Fog Blade and a floodgate of your choice set by Gryphon along with protection by Cerberus. In Dark Warrior Infernity, 2 warriors + any extender yields triple Barrier, extra link w/ Iblee (double Mermaid ofc), tri-linked Tri-Gate, Gryphon, and protection from Cerberus. Indeed, the deck is more fragile so now it's kinda fine as an element in the meta (though I still hate Gryphon).

Slash Draw is limited which is lovely, I'm happy to see Construct back obv as well as Nekroz being brought back (get on that full power BA, Konami).

In truth, Snow being banned also makes it more likely that Grass will come back soooo I'm gonna be optimistic.

I don't know any good Cyber Stein combos yet but I'm damn sure I'll come up with one. I'm always eager to summon Exterio if I can loool.

Endless Astrograph Sorcerer said:
Oh yeah, Sky Striker didn't get hit at all and I happen to also own that deck so I'm gonna play that at the events I'm planning on going to before Cherubini is released.
You changed to the dark side of the meta...

Would you like it if there was no limit to the extra deck cards you could have buuuuut there was a limit to the number of SS you could make from it per turn / duel?

For example: max of 6 summons per turn and 18 per duel?

Any thoughts on Exciton knight at 3?

Also, I'd like for Evilswarm to be a valid option again uwu

If you could transform any card into it's IRL version, which one would you choose?

Dark Magician Girl, maybe?

Imagine it as if it became your Stand.

That's a good question.

Stardust would be pretty cool. As would Quasar. Though there's this one monster with lightning in its name that I'd probably pick. His name escapes me at the moment.

Witchy witchy, Ixchel pays her taxes. Don't stereotype :^)

I'm also down with Elemental HERO Batman *cough* I mean Bubbleman so long as his skills and what not are on par with a composite Batman.

@Endless

Nope, lol. I found it. The name is, "Lightning Punisher." Tied with that for first is, "White Horned Dragon" my ace card from way back when.

Divine Bow of Calling - Apollo-Ursa

WIND Fairy Link Effect Monster

? ATK / Link-4 (Top, Bottom-left, Bottom, Bottom-right)

2+ monsters with different names, except Tokens

(1) You can only control 1 "Divine Bow of Calling - Apollo-Ursa".<Unclassified>

(2) This card's original ATK becomes the number of monsters used for its Link Summon X 800.<Continuous>

(3) When your opponent activates a monster effect (Quick Effect): You can make this card lose exactly 800 ATK, and if you do, negate the activation.

WHAT THE HELL KONAMI. WHY.

Back