• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acnologia Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acnologia is currently stated as "At least High 6-C" because there is no proof that he is higher.

But there actually is.

Even before the war started, FT characters weren't sure if Fairy Heart, which can spam infinite Etherion blasts(which are 6-B), would be enough to stop him.

At the end of the arc, we found out that Anna had a plan on defeating Acnologia with the Ravines of Time. She stated that it's the only thing that could stop him. Heavily implying that Etherion wouldn't be able to stop him.

More than that, we had multiple statements about Acnologia destroying countries, and since he is >>>FT verse, it's definetly not a farfetch of him being country level. It was implied by characters, statements and simple logic.

Also, as we know, RoT > Etherion. Anna stated that it was the only thing capable of beating Acno, which as I already said, implied that Etherion wouldn't be enough to beat him. Besides, contrary to Etherion, RoT is a timelapse, with magic a LOT more than Etherion. It's literraly a "hole in time".

And Acno absorbed it. Which means that:

Acno with RoT >= RoT > Acno >= Etherion.

So I say that we should upgrade Dragon Form Acno to 6-B, and Acno with RoT as "At least 6-B".

Because srsly, having Acno at "at least High 6-C" when he can stomp anyone in the verse is laughable.

We accept the weapons being 6B, yet Acno who's superior to them wasn't 6B.

Fully agreed with this.

Also, we even have the statement that Zeref would need a fairy heart to fight him.

Which are 6B

I'm... not really sure. I guess everyone forgot about it.. somehow(including me lol).

Edit: On a serious note though, I actually think he should be stated like that. That isn't even an upgrade, that's an already accepted thing on this forum.

Natsu didnt eat etherion in beginning of series too? He didnt gonn 6 B cause that, Acnologia or Zeref didnt show have all the power of etherion too. I didnt agree

Muuuh, he didn't eat "Etherion" as in a weapon. He ate an etherion shard, that was full of magic power. Etherion itself is a magic weapon that can destroy a country. The Tower simply absorbed it. And Acno hasn't eaten Etherion,what he ate is Ravines of Time, which is in fact superior to Etherion itself.

Natsu never "consumed" the whole Etherion. He ate a chunk of crystal that was infused with some of its potent energy; there's a difference between what the op brings up now and that

Etherion is featless and it is 6-B because of one statement. Dragons actually have the same statement about them but it was rejected.

Yet despite that it was accepted, we know Zeref needs a 6B heart to fight Acnolgia who in turn supposedly leveled a country.

It wasn't "one statement". It has been stated multiple times that Etherion is capable of destroying a country, and it was actually used as an example of Fairy Heart by Mavis herself. More than that, the council fired Etherion whilst knowing that it is capable of such feats. We even got an "example" of Etherion being used to destroy a country, as a "flashback".

Well, if Acnologia is more powerful than Etherion, and it takes the combined power of every mage in an entire country to hold him, then I suppose that "At least 6-B" may be reasonable.

However, I would prefer more staff input.

Also, couldn't Acnologia just absorb any Etherion blasts?

Yes, while he could absorb them, nobody knew that he had the power to do so. It was revealed only at chapter 528. In other words, all the statements comparing Acno to Etherion were brought up by people who don't know about his ability to eat magic.

If Acnologia is getting the upgrade, then Zeref should definitely benefit in his Fairy Heart form as well. Natsu in his Seven Flame Dragon state because he defeated him as well.

Acnologia casually absorbed what Zeref needed Fairy Heart to tap into, the Ravines of Time. I think the "At least 6-B" status is appropriate for his dragon form.

Natsu should obviously scale accordingly. And if Fairy Heart was said to be capable of empowering Etherion level blasts, I suppose that Zeref should as well.

However, I will ask AidenBrooks999 for input here.

Do we know how big the countries are that Etherion is stated to be able to destroy? Because wouldn't that mean it could be anywhere from Low 6-B to 6-B to high 6-B?

High 6-B is the best possible value i can give to this verse. Also the Tier List on the verse page need to be completely revised.

So apparently going by our Etherion ratings. It is "At least 6-B" for being able to one shot a country. I believe Fiora was calced at High 6-B correct?

I made this exact same suggestion long ago.

At least High 6-B for Acno, Igneel and now Seven Flame Natsu (Since Ravines of Time Acno > Regular Acno)

Possibly Fairy Heart Zeref and FDK+DF Natsu

@Aiden Okay. I suppose that seems reasonable.

Question, in regards to the Dragon Slayers besides Natsu, should their durability levels be upgraded? They did take hits from Acnologia too, or no?

I do not know. All 7 of their powers taken together were able to defeat Acnologia, so maybe we could scale from that?

LordAizenSama said:
Acnologia was casual and even then its PIS. God Serena>All of them and he got loloneshoted.
LordAizen is right, this is God Serena power and this is Natsu power.

Didn't we go through that country busting statement multiple times already? Not even one country level feat has happened even in the end. Whatever I'm not going to go through it again.

Anyways, where did it stated that the RoT was a magic source? IIRC, it only "supposedly" gave Acno time manipulation.

Also, I agree with Aizen that them tanking his attacks are PIS.

KuuIchigo said:
Didn't we go through that country busting statement multiple times already? Not even one country level feat has happened even in the end.
They indeed never happened, but mentioned several times, so it's possible thing.

In the Dragon Cry movie, (which is supposedly canon), one of the villains was going to destroy the entire continent of Ishgar via Dragon Cry.

Natsu (7 Flame Dragon)>Acnologia (Ravines of Time)>Acnologia>=Igneel>Natsu (Half Dragon)>Animus (Dragon Cry)>Zeref (Fairy Heart)>Natsu (Dragon Force).

Pray tell how the movie is canon? If it's because it was mentioned in the manga, Bleach also mentioned the first movie too which was denied.

WilliamShadow told me that the main Dragon antagonist of the movie is comparable to the other strong dragons stated to destroy a country, so his statement is as the same as Toneri saying that he will destroy the world.

I haven't watched the movie yet, so I can't be 100% sure, but as I heard, Animus was going to use a destructive weapon to destroy the country, it was stated to be above Etherion, and it also had a shockwave that went all the way to other countries. I may not be 100% right though, have to watch it first. But as Hiro said, the movie is canon.

Also, the RoT is definetly a power source. Acnologia even said himself that his power became so vast that he had problems fully controlling it. That's also the reason why he didn't attack the dragon slayers with full power - he needed them to fully control RoT.

The only upgrade I disagree with so far is the other dragon slayers, since Acno wasn't attacking with the "killing" intent.

Scaling the other dragon slayers is probably a bad idea, yes.

Excuse me, God Serena being> to the primary 7 dragon slayer pro tags including the likes of Natsu? Just what?

Serena was pretty much established to be nothing but an average Spriggan, the likes of Ajeel found the fact that he was the strongest Mage in Ishtar laughable, when Makarov was describing the Spriggan to the other FT members he never made any mention of him being superior to any of the others, Brandish mentioned all the Spriggan except the likes of August and Irene were comparable. And considering the likes of Gajeel and Laxus (who was deathly ill) could both easily match Spriggans the idea that all 7 dragon slayers being drastically weaker than him is ridiculous.

Yes it is true that they all weren't immediately splattered by Acnologia is PIS. But suggesting they are all weaker than Serena is ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back