• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acnologia Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
I find it very farfetched to say that Acnologia was not damaged. His death was simply kept magical and kids-friendly.
I would agree if all the other death were the same but since in ft manga there is a quite a lot of blood and ton of nudes making him die without a scratch for a similar reason is impossible thou again I said I don't care about it since whether it's accepted or not for me a power of 7 wizards one shotting a person who's movement just to be temporary stopped needed a combined energy of thousands of wizards over an entier continent is PIS.

Cause thousands of wizards over the entier continent>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 7 wizards.

Also I found somewhere that fairy heart Zeref would be scaled to which is impossible as fairy heart is just infinity amount of magical energy not a boost in raw power plus Natsu by that logic is his tier in base...

Also it's clearly said by Mavis that Etherion is necessary for that lvl destruction not that fairy heart can do it but only that as its infinite magical power its magical energy can charge Etherion.

Well, they fought Acnologia's magical spirit, not his body. Blood is likely not a part of it.

Fairy Heart could supposedly empower an endless number of Etherion level blasts.

Antvasima said:
Well, they fought Acnologia's magical spirit, not his body.
They fought his mind so there is no reason to think he is weaker also if you say he is weaker than what tier is it? It's not like we know that Acnologia in human form is 10 times or 2 times or 200 times weaker than in his dragon form. It can't be determined which means Natsu can't scail ethier unless Unknown.

Antvasima said:
Fairy Heart could supposedly empower an endless number of Etherion level blasts.
Because its infinite magical energy just like it can empower infinite attacks done by Zeref but the tier and the potency of the attack depends on the wielder not the fairy heart it self as fairy heart has no raw power it's just a source of magical energy.

I meant that a spirit does not possess blood, so a gory ending is not necessary.

Antvasima said:
I meant that a spirit does not possess blood, so a gory ending is not necessary.
That looks like pushing it so it wouldn't look like PIS,but whatever if you people wanna to think 7 dragon slayers can do more damage to Acnologia than an entier continet of wizards who am I to judge it.

I really can't see the issue here.

Multiple statements and supposed feat supporting this along with no real scaling issues (surprisingly).

What's the problem?

I don't recall an country level feats in FT. As for giving upgrades for statements I don't find those reliable. Have we ever seen Etherion actually destroy a country? If not I don't see why we'd take it seriously. Perhaps a little hyperbole?

Why would Mavis lie or overhype Etherion at that point? She really has no reason to at all. Plus, did we not upgraded many characters in DBZ to 4-B thanks to Cell's statement? What makes this so different? Matter of fact I'd take this situation more seriously than I'd take that one. As Cell was more gloating over his new power, while Mavis was literally describing the power of Etherion.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I don't recall an country level feats in FT.
There only statements [One of them in the past was when Zeref said he could destroy the world], but the last concrete ones were Erza slicing the meteor and Acnologia breaking havoc with multiple attacks.

@Dragon

Well for Cell's case isn't there many databooks confirming Cell's statement? And is there anything like that for Mavis statement about Etherion?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
As Cell was more gloating over his new power.
People tend to forget that Cell had the intelligence of himself and all the beings he absorbed, so he was not lying.

There's 2 data books confirming this, plus it's consistent with later feats such as Buu.

Cells statement has no business here

Dark649 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
As Cell was more gloating over his new power.
People tend to forget that Cell had the intelligence of himself and all the beings he absorbed, so he was not lying.
And what suddenly makes Mavis a liar here? What makes Mavis less believable than Cell here?

Dark649 said:
I don't recall an country level feats in FT.
There only statements [One of them in the past was when Zeref said he could destroy the world], but the last concrete ones were Erza slicing the meteor and Acnologia breaking havoc with multiple attacks.
Obviously nobody takes the "destroy the world" statement seriously here. Acnologia also said that his body was planning on destroying the planet, but we don't take that as a fact.

The Etherion tier however has been brought up many times by Hiro to show the true power of a character. And the "destroying a country" statement has been brought up multiple times by reliable characters(Mavis, Council, etc.).

More than that, even if we use simple powerscaling logic, Acno should be somewhere in the country tier(he can stomp the entire verse + Zeref, and Zeref is at least High 6-C). So not only it makes sense, it's also verified by statements in the manga itself.

Gargoyle One said:
There's 2 data books confirming this, plus it's consistent with later feats such as Buu.
Cells statement has no business here
Except I'm bringing up a legitimate example As something Buu did doesn't suddenly make Cell 4-B. Not saying I disagree with it. I am just bringing up an example that is relevant. So it has business here.

Because no such feats were displayed in FT. It's like Sengoku telling everyone that WB has the power to destroy the world, which obviously isn't the case.

Because no such feats were displayed in FT. It's like Sengoku telling everyone that WB has the power to destroy the world, which obviously isn't the case.
No it isn't the same. The example you bring up is like Zeref saying he'll destroy the world, and Acno saying he'll destroy the planet.

We are using a statement from several characters, and it was an actual weapon, that was used by the council with the expectations that it could destroy the whole country(which it didn't because of the whole tower of heaven ordeal).

And no, there were large country level feats performed by Irene(Universe 1) and August(Suicide Attack).

Just because said feat has never been displayed does not mean it shouldn't be allowed. We have characters who were stated to be Multiversal+, but never showed it. But it's legit. We have multiple Cell Solar System level statements, but he never destroyed said solar system.

My simple point is,. we have many characters who have been scaled to statements without the feats to back them up. This is no different. Especially when said statements are not outlandish for the series.

I thought only Irene had a large country level feat? As for August wasn't his not accepted?
A motive from this upgrade might even come from that they are likely superior to Irene and her Universe One, August wasn't accepted because his suicide attack ignores conventional durability via Blood Vaporization.

Well, about the 7 dragonslayers defeating Acnologia, there are two mitigating circumstances:

One is that dragonslayer magic is far more efficient against dragons than regular magic of similar strength, and the second is that all the magic users in the entire country locked him in place, and possibly severely weakened him at the time.

About the first point: It doesn't matter in this case, since Acnologia was fighting them in their human body, and as it was shown against Irene, the "super effectiveness" against dragons works only when they have the body of the dragon.

That is also why Acnologia's move was so smart: He took the dragon slayers that are dangerous to his dragon body into the RoT and fought them in his "human" form.

About the 2nd point, I definetly agree. Though I'm not sure how does that affect the scaling. Because Natsu's 7FD Mode did destroy Acnologia, so logically wise it should scale. But Acnologia was weakened at that time. Of course, maybe it's simply that both 7FD Natsu and Acno are on the same tier, but Acno is far more skilled, which is why the only chance against him was to keep him in place via Fairy Sphere.

I'm not quite sure about how to deal with Natsu's 7FD Scaling though... Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well, going by Irene's flashback talk with Zeref, she is still a dragon even when she looks like a human, so dragonslayer magic should work on either her or Acnologia anyway.

Antvasima said:
Well, going by Irene's flashback talk with Zeref, she is still a dragon even when she looks like a human, so dragonslayer magic should work on either her or Acnologia anyway.
Hmmm, you have a point there. I'm still not quite sure about it though. When Erza attacked Irene with Wendy's DS magic, it reverted Irene back into her human form. And Wendy's previous attacks on Irene in her human form didn't seem to have much effect.

That is probably mostly a case of bad storytelling, or plot convenience though.

Either way, I still doubt that Acnologia's human form has a dragno physique. He is a dragon slayer after all. He just turned into a dragon in the end, and now it seems he can turn back from one form to the other,

But in any case, does DS affect Acno more effiecently or not, the fact that Natsu won with help still remains. Which adds problems for his scaling :/

Well, I think that scaling Acnologia and Igneel from Etherion seems reasonable, but am not sure if we should consider the rest as plot-induced stupidity.

Just a quick question about Etherion scaling.

Wasn't Acno immune to any and all magic at this point? Meaning that any magic based attacks, aka Etherion, would be useless against him? Wouldn't that mean that, regardless of Acno's power, he would've survived Etherion anyway? Just asking.

Antvasima said:
Well, I think that scaling Acnologia and Igneel from Etherion seems reasonable
I think it would only make sense to scale Acnologia after consumption of the space between time (with a separate key) to Etherion (seeing as how his magic power at this point is around the level of all the mages on the continent combined).

Of course Igneel should not scale to this form and neither should Acnologia before consumption of the space between time. @Sera has made it clear that that statement about a dragon destroying a country never specifies it to be in one shot and no time-frame was given. It only says that a dragon could devastate a country.

A single Imperial II-class Star Destroyer can raze continents and "ruin planets". Doesn't mean it's actually 6-A to High 6-A per shot.

@Soldier Blue Okay. I trust your judgement.

Etherion's rating is supported by statements and considering Mavis had no reason to lie nor was she misinformed about the weapon, it makes sense for it to be Country level. Also high tiers of the verse are not very far below this value.

I agree with Acnologia's upgrades after he absorbed the Ravines of Time. Natsu and Zeref should scale accordingly.

Igneel cannot be scaled to Acno's state after absorbing RoT and the other DS cannot be scaled either. That would create huge scaling issues and we would likely have High 6-C Levy again.

Okay. I suppose that makes sense.

ScarletFirefly said:
Igneel cannot be scaled to Acno's state after absorbing RoT and the other DS cannot be scaled either. That would create huge scaling issues and we would likely have High 6-C Levy again.
^ Exactly.

Okay. So, should we place Acnologia, Zeref with the Fairy Heart, and 7 Flames Natsu at 6-B or "At least 6-B"? Also, where should we place Igneel? At an unknown rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back