• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Was the death of High 6-A Human Form Acno and DG's greatly exaggerated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so as we all know, back during the Dragon King Festival, Acnologia killed thousands of Dragons in his human form, with nothing implying that he went Dragon Form during this time.

Now, Warrod stated that "when Dragons were around so long ago", just one of them could wipe out whole countries, and even on Acnologia's profile right now it is used as a way to scale the Dragons to the Etherion calc of 20.1 petatons (albeit only for Dragon Form Acnologia).

By "when Dragons were around so long ago", this has to be referring to the time before Acnologia went and committed genocide on all the dragons, which all but confirms that the Dragons that Acnologia slaughtered by the thousands had to have been the ones that could wipe out whole countries by Warrod's statement. After all, there were less than a dozen Dragons left after Acnologia was through, so it's highly doubtful that he's

Now, one could easily make the argument that the timeframe for a Dragon from 400 years ago wiping out whole country is unclear. However, given the context of the discussion, especially since the group is talking about Acnologia's roar on Tenrou Island reaching a record high level of magic energy that surpasses Etherion, it heavily implies that other Dragons back around the time of the Dragon King Festival (which as mentioned is almost certainly the time that Warrod was talking about) were comparable in power to Acnologia's roar that surpassed Etherion. I mean, Warrod is basically saying that the dragons of the past could do what Acnologia did to Tenrou with his roar that surpassed Etherion.

Also, this is already being used as a supporting scaling feat for Dragon Form Acnologia, so either the Dragons do scale to Etherion which means that Human Acnologia would also scale to them, or the dragons aren't comparable to Etherion which means that it needs to be removed from Dragon Acnologia's write-up.

Keep in mind Acnologia one-shot THOUSANDS of these guys with zero issue.

Thus, Human Form Acnologia, the Human Form Dragon Gods, and the Dragon Slayer Knights would all scale above 20.1 petatons, since the scaling would look like this:

DSKs = Human Form DG's >= Human Form Acnologia >>>> Dragons from 400 years ago = Acnologia's roar in x784 > Etherion (20.1 petatons).

No, just no. There's plenty of issues with this.

First, the "thousands of dragons" thing. Even if we're to assume it was his human form, mentioning countries is too vague. Acnologia is a worldwide legend, as were dragons themselves, so a country could be any country on Earthland. That's nowhere near solid enough.

As for the Etherion thing, Acnologia's roar being a record high and the "dragons wiping out countries" statement weren't statements that related to each other, they were each individually used to show how powerful Acnologia was.

Also, one-shotting thousands of dragons isn't actually as much of a feat as you think. You just need to have the AP to one-shot the strongest of them, especially since this wasn't done in rapid succession.

Mmmmmmm, I’m not that opposed, but I will say my major concerns are that we have no idea if Human Form Acnologia explicitly defeated the Dragons Warren is referring to, also there’s a clear difference in power between Dragons, like Animus is way above Atlas Flame and Motherglare

I just took it as support for Dragon Form Acnologia

1. Warrod didn’t exist back then so how can we even know what he’s saying is true?
2. This would make scaling bad
3. Those dragons all got annihilated by Acno and the only one to stand up to him was half dead Igneel so that would just be an assumption that the dragons are even comparable to Acno roar + would make sense cause again none of the dragons could beat Acno

Mmmmmmm, I’m not that opposed, but I will say my only concerns are that we have no idea if Human Form Acnologia explicitly defeated the Dragons Warren is referring, also there’s a clear difference in power between Dragons, like Animus is way above Atlas Flame and Motherglare
To be fair, Animus was likely not at full power yet, considering he had to go with a poor vessel out of necessity. He even told Natsu that Sonia was a bad vessel but it was either using her or dying.

Another thing to note is, as @1997KD said in a previous thread, "Animus after getting out of the Sonia body said that "this isn't the freedom i want", and after when he absorb dragon cry, he said" dragon cry grant me my true power/full power, indicating that dragon cry power=Animus in his prime, which was killed by Acnologia."

Keep in mind that Acnologia didn't just "kill" Animus, he one-shot him.

But, it's not as though Animus takes in all of Dragon Cry's power and calls that his prime, he just takes in some of it

Animus after getting out of the Sonia body said that "this isn't the freedom i want", and after when he absorb dragon cry, he said" dragon cry grant me my true power/full power, indicating that dragon cry power=Animus in his prime, which was killed by Acnologia.
Scans for this might be a good idea. But if what DragonGamer just said is true it wouldn’t matter much.

Personally, I find “past dragons = Acnologia’s roar” to be a bit of a faulty connection/leap in logic. I don’t see how one would conclude an attack from dragon form Ac would scale to dragons he slaughtered in his human form.

Scans for this might be a good idea. But if what DragonGamer just said is true it wouldn’t matter much.
Dragon Cry was gonna destroy Ishgar over time and even during Animus' fight with Natsu, there were blasts from Dragon Cry being fired off. If he took in all of it, they wouldn't be there.

My issue is we have no idea what Dragons this statement is even referring to, it could quite literally only apply to the strongest of Dragons like Igneel, the only reason I used it as a support statement for Dragon Form Acnologia is because he is explicitly the Dragon being compared to the feat in this statement

No, just no. There's plenty of issues with this.

First, the "thousands of dragons" thing. Even if we're to assume it was his human form, mentioning countries is too vague. Acnologia is a worldwide legend, as were dragons themselves, so a country could be any country on Earthland. That's nowhere near solid enough.

As for the Etherion thing, Acnologia's roar being a record high and the "dragons wiping out countries" statement weren't statements that related to each other, they were each individually used to show how powerful Acnologia was.

Also, one-shotting thousands of dragons isn't actually as much of a feat as you think. You just need to have the AP to one-shot the strongest of them, especially since this wasn't done in rapid succession.
1. Considering they're talking about Dragons from "when Dragons were around so long ago", it's likely that they're referring to the Dragons that were once around until Acnologia killed them all. Why would they be referring to some random Dragon on the other side of the planet?

2. They were mentioned in the same discussion in a way that really seemed to go out of it's way to make them seem similar/comparable. When they were discussion Acno's roar, Warrod brought up the thing about historic dragons wiping out countries right afterwards, so the context is in favor of it.

3. I know, but it is a way to show consistency for Acnologia killing the Dragons.It's a lot more reliable if he killed 2000+ Dragons than if he just killed 1 or 2.

But, it's not as though Animus takes in all of Dragon Cry's power and calls that his prime, he just takes in some of it
Dragon Cry was gonna destroy Ishgar over time and even during Animus' fight with Natsu, there were blasts from Dragon Cry being fired off. If he took in all of it, they wouldn't be there.
Ok I withdraw the Animus argument. These are good points.

My issue is we have no idea what Dragons this statement is even referring to, it could quite literally only apply to the strongest of Dragons like Igneel, the only reason I used it as a support statement for Dragon Form Acnologia is because he is explicitly the Dragon being compared to in this statement
I agree with Mitch here. It's also worth noting that Warren was going by a legend book and according to that book, and he said "a dragon like Acnologia." That seems to support the idea that it's for the higher tier dragons.

Also, more importantly, there is no indication that it was done in one shot.

My issue is we have no idea what Dragons this statement is even referring to, it could quite literally only apply to the strongest of Dragons like Igneel, the only reason I used it as a support statement for Dragon Form Acnologia is because he is explicitly the Dragon being compared to in this statement
How about we say that Acnologia is "At least 6-B, possibly/likely High 6-A", with the higher end being the possibility of him scaling to Dragons who could do what Etherion did?

And since they weren't referring to any specific Dragon when they said that one could wipe out entire countries, I doubt they were referring to just Igneel.

That’s still an assumption to have dragon that got destroyed by Acno to even rival his dragon roar

That wouldn’t even make sense considering even Igneel couldn’t take him on

How about we say that Acnologia is "At least 6-B, possibly/likely High 6-A", with the higher end being the possibility of him scaling to Dragons who could do what Etherion did?

And since they weren't referring to any specific Dragon when they said that one could wipe out entire countries, I doubt they were referring to just Igneel.
Again, the biggest killing blow to this argument is that it was never stated these countries were wiped out in one shot.

Again, the biggest killing blow to this argument is that it was never stated these countries were wiped out in one shot.
I literally just used it as a statement that supports the meta, I collected every piece of evidence that supports the Etherion scaling meta

Hence why it’s mentioned at all

Well if this is the case, then the statement needs to be removed from Dragon Acnologia's write-up as well. It just doesn't fit for Dragon Acnologia if it doesn't scale to human Acnologia either.

Why even mention that Dragon Acno is comparable to these Dragons if they don't even scale to Etherion themselves.

Either both get it or neither gets it. You can't say that it works for one of them then do a 180 for the other.

Looking at you, @DemonGodMitchAubin

I still think we should do "6-B, possibly High 6-A"
No, they stay as is. High 6-A is completely unsupported at the moment, and the only reason that statement was put on the profile was because Acnologia was the dragon being compared to.

Well if this is the case, then the statement needs to be removed from Dragon Acnologia's write-up as well. It just doesn't fit for Dragon Acnologia if it doesn't scale to human Acnologia either.

Why even mention that Dragon Acno is comparable to these Dragons if they don't even scale to Etherion themselves.

Either both get it or neither gets it. You can't say that it works for one of them then do a 180 for the other.

Looking at you, @DemonGodMitchAubin
I mean it’s just a supportive statement dude

And it’s directly compared to Dragon Form Acnologia

I mean it’s just a supportive statement dude

And it’s directly compared to Dragon Form Acnologia
True, but A. Consistency is the best way to go, especially in a verse like FT where it can't be taken for granted, and B. We already have that his roar is above Etherion, so a questionable scaling of Dragons to Etherion is really unnecessary.

Just wanna add that the Dragon Cry was powered by just the souls of a few dragons who were confirmed to be Acnologia's victims, so even assuming that there were 10-20 dragons means that each of the souls powering it was Multi-Continent level.

Not saying that Human Form Acno scales to the Dragon Cry, but he should likely still be a High 6-A since there weren't that many Dragons powering the Dragon Cry.

So that brings up the possibility that some of Acnologia's victims actually were High 6-A?

Also, Warrod says that the book says that multiple countries were wiped out by "a single one", nothing saying that only Acnologia could do it.

Heck, Mitch's blog on the God Tiers even talks about Warrod's statement and says that, quote, "It is stated that just a single dragon can wipe out an entire country in the past" and "the fact that Acnologia one-shots thousands of these dragons makes him way above this statement".

Just wanna add that the Dragon Cry was powered by just the souls of a few dragons who were confirmed to be Acnologia's victims, so even assuming that there were 10-20 dragons means that each of the souls powering it was Multi-Continent level.

Not saying that Human Form Acno scales to the Dragon Cry, but he should likely still be a High 6-A since there weren't that many Dragons powering the Dragon Cry.

So that brings up the possibility that some of Acnologia's victims actually were High 6-A?
Killing each of them individually would in no way scale you to the combined power that goes into Dragon Cry, and also we don't know what happened afterwards. For all we know, that magic power could've built up over time (that tends to happen with these weapons). It's too unclear to use for concrete scaling.
Also, Warrod says that the book says that multiple countries were wiped out by "a single one", nothing saying that only Acnologia could do it.

Heck, Mitch's blog on the God Tiers even talks about Warrod's statement and says that, quote, "It is stated that just a single dragon can wipe out an entire country in the past" and "the fact that Acnologia one-shots thousands of these dragons makes him way above this statement".
Still doesn't address the big elephant in the room that this can't be used to begin with for the aforementioned reasons.

Killing each of them individually would in no way scale you to the combined power that goes into Dragon Cry, and also we don't know what happened afterwards. For all we know, that magic power could've built up over time (that tends to happen with these weapons). It's too unclear to use for concrete scaling.

Still doesn't address the big elephant in the room that this can't be used to begin with for the aforementioned reasons.
1. I meant that even assuming that each Dragon is 1/10th or 1/20th of the DC's full power, that would still means Acno scales to that fraction of the DC's power.

1.5. There's no real evidence to suggest a build-up of power.

2. If so, then get Mitch to make the removals on both his blog and Dragon Acnologia's entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back