• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ace vs Sanji

Post-Vinsmoke Awakening Sanji and Post Whitebeard Ace are used.

Battle takes place on the Onigashima Live Floor.

Speed is NOT equalized.

Fire Fist: 7

Fire Kick: 4

Ace sleeps and doesn't show:

Last edited:
Much faster
Fair enough.
Ace's flames literally can not hurt him due to vastly superior heat and heat resistance
Could you stop with the Sanji heat bullshit? It got downgraded nearly a month ago: https://vsbattles.com/threads/one-piece-sanjis-lightning-downgrade.139691/ you were on the thread!
much better armament and observation
Maybe Observation, but in the Ace novel it was stated that Ace overrelied on Armament by Thatch, and Sanji has no Armament feats at all plus Ace has conqueror's so he wins on the Haki front.
much higher durability
Ace fought against Jinbe for five days and then withstood an attack from Whitebeard immediately afterwards. So even if Sanji is tougher to injure it won't make a difference against Ace's far greater stamina.

Could you stop with the Sanji heat bullshit? It got downgraded nearly a month ago: https://vsbattles.com/threads/one-piece-sanjis-lightning-downgrade.139691/ you were on the thread!
I'm not even talking about Ifrit Jambe. Sanji's base heat resistance and heat with Diable Jambe is much hotter than Ace. It just simply has a way better scaling chain.

Akainu Ambient Heat < Base PTS Luffy < FMI Haki Luffy Heat Res ~ Jinbe Haki Heat Res < Promentheus Heat < WCI Luffy Heat Res < WCI Sanji Diable Heat <<< Sanji Ifrit Heat

Akainu Ambient Heat >= Ace Heat

Maybe Observation, but in the Ace novel it was stated that Ace overrelied on Armament by Thatch, and Sanji has no Armament feats at all
Sanji's armament haki feats include:
  • Blocking a point black blade strike from Daifuku
  • Blocking a spear attack from Judge
  • Protecting himself from Ifrit heat which automatically puts him above Ace's due to him having near 0 feats of Armament
Ace fought against Jinbe for five days and then withstood an attack from Whitebeard immediately afterwards. So even if Sanji is tougher to injure it won't make a difference against Ace's far greater stamina.
Sure, Ace was able to fight with someone equal to him in power for 5 days, but Sanji literally said that having all of his bones broke + having his organs damaged beyond repair stung A BIT.

Ace can do NOTHING on the level of that to Sanji, therefore Ace won't be able to put him down.

Also, what's stopping Sanji's flames from just engulfing Ace's fire with his own?

Akainu Ambient Heat < Base PTS Luffy < FMI Haki Luffy Heat Res ~ Jinbe Haki Heat Res < Promentheus Heat < WCI Luffy Heat Res < WCI Sanji Diable Heat <<< Sanji Ifrit Heat

Akainu Ambient Heat >= Ace Heat

What evidence do you have that Akainu's Ambient Heat is less the Post Timeskip Luffy? And what do you mean Ambient? He used an attack to overpower Ace's attack heat.
Sanji's armament haki feats include:
  • Blocking a point black blade strike from Daifuku
  • Blocking a spear attack from Judge
So what? Neither are Armament users.
Protecting himself from Ifrit heat which automatically puts him above Ace's due to him having near 0 feats of Armament
Armament was only part of Ifrit Jambe. He couldn't use it Pre-Germa Awakening, and his armament didn't get any stronger.

Sure, Ace was able to fight with someone equal to him in power for 5 days, but Sanji literally said that having all of his bones broke + having his organs damaged beyond repair stung A BIT.

Sanji's organs weren't damaged beyond repair. It was only stated that his bones were broken. Sure Queen said that he could bust someone's organs with that move but that doesn't mean he did.
Ace can do NOTHING on the level of that to Sanji, therefore Ace won't be able to put him down.
Wrong.
Also, what's stopping Sanji's flames from just engulfing Ace's fire with his own?
The opposite would happen, Ace has far greater control over flames than Sanji does. If anything it would only make him stronger.

I worded it poorly. But no Ace would not be engulfed especially since Sanji's flames are isolated and are never shown spreading even when Sanji is standing on wood.
I never stated that Ace would be engulfed by Sanji's flames. I said that Ace's flames would be engulfed. The flames he shoots out, like Hiken.

Ok I'm going to start to ignore you as you've seemed to have ignored the entire debate thus far.
Ok I'll try a different approach. I'm going to dismantle the crux of your argument, your stupid heat scaling chain.
1. This chains makes it seem like Ace could not burn Pre-Timeskip Luffy, I don't think I need to elaborate on why that's wrong.
2. it also downright states Luffy's base heat res is better than the guy that has water powers, and used heat res to block Akainu temporarily(Key word temporarily) in Marineford.
3. The sword melt was Akainu's attack heat as he was about to launch an attack. And the sword was much closer to said attack than Luffy was. And if it had gotten in such a proximity, Luffy would have sustained serious injuries, in fact he did sustain such an injury.
4. Jinbe was never burned by Prometheus, and Luffy never resisted it.
With those 4 points removed we get:
Base PTS Luffy< FMI Haki Luffy < WCI Luffy Heat Res < WCI Diable Jambe ~ Jinbe Heat Res < Ifrit Jambe
And Ace has burned Jinbe, Yamato, and Whitebeard.
As Heat Res is correlated to Haki as you acknowledged yourself Whitebeard's scaling chain goes something like this:
Jinbe's Heat Res => Whitebeard Heat Res < Ace's Heat
Their Heat would thus be about equal and thanks to Ace's greater control over flames and greater versatility would give him the edge.

Ok I'll try a different approach. I'm going to dismantle the crux of your argument, your stupid heat scaling chain.

1. This chains makes it seem like Ace could not burn Pre-Timeskip Luffy, I don't think I need to elaborate on why that's wrong.
2. it also downright states Luffy's base heat res is better than the guy that has water powers, and used heat res to block Akainu temporarily(Key word temporarily) in Marineford.
3. The sword melt was Akainu's attack heat as he was about to launch an attack. And the sword was much closer to said attack than Luffy was. And if it had gotten in such a proximity, Luffy would have sustained serious injuries, in fact he did sustain such an injury.
4. Jinbe was never burned by Prometheus, and Luffy never resisted it.
With those 4 points removed we get:
Base PTS Luffy< FMI Haki Luffy < WCI Luffy Heat Res < WCI Diable Jambe ~ Jinbe Heat Res < Ifrit Jambe
And Ace has burned Jinbe, Yamato, and Whitebeard.
As Heat Res is correlated to Haki as you acknowledged yourself Whitebeard's scaling chain goes something like this:
Jinbe's Heat Res => Whitebeard Heat Res < Ace's Heat
Their Heat would thus be about equal and thanks to Ace's greater control over flames and greater versatility would give him the edge.
This is how the accepted heat scaling chain is in vsbw. Create a CRT if you're so against it.

It was vaporized, not melted stop with the misinformation. Everytime I see you in a One Piece thread it's usually you saying incorrect shit.
Vaporization is accompanied by vapor/gas/steam. What is happening in this panel is clearly melting and not vaporization.
K04Asz55Luxp7AGZPjH1hzt0hP_gc29iVMIzjytTliI.jpg

You can clearly see the sword liquifying with no trace of gas.

Vaporization is accompanied by vapor/gas/steam. What is happening in this panel is clearly melting and not vaporization.
K04Asz55Luxp7AGZPjH1hzt0hP_gc29iVMIzjytTliI.jpg

You can clearly see the sword liquifying with no trace of gas.
Colored scans say no, that's a chunk of his magma being flung off. Vaporization is not always indicated by steam or gas, the upper portion of the sword is gone with no traces left of it.

Getting pretty tired of you spreading misinformation whenever you've prove time and time again that you aren't knowledgeable regarding the verse.

The Sword is clearly being vaporized as there's no molten remnants of the sword left. It's been reduced to nothing save for the end part that didn't come into contact with Akainu's passive aura.
0575-003-1.jpg

Colored scans say no, that's a chunk of his magma being flung off. Vaporization is not always indicated by steam or gas, the upper portion of the sword is gone with no traces left of it.

Getting pretty tired of you spreading misinformation whenever you've prove time and time again that you aren't knowledgeable regarding the verse.

The Sword is clearly being vaporized as there's no molten remnants of the sword left. It's been reduced to nothing save for the end part that didn't come into contact with Akainu's passive aura.
0575-003-1.jpg
Alright I thought that was part of the sword falling off and melting.
However I am not intentionally spreading misinformation. I am just challenging a claim that I find doesn't make sense. You don't have to get so agitated for something so trivial.

There's no proof that Ace can control flames much hotter than his own. Assuming that he can is NLF.
When has temperature been a discussion in the flames he can control?

Ace has never had a scaling chain accepted in that CRT.

Ace flat out burned through Jinbe's Haki and has burned Whitebeard on multiple occasions. Idk what you guys are talking about

Back