• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ace vs Sanji

Alright I thought that was part of the sword falling off and melting.
However I am not intentionally spreading misinformation. I am just challenging a claim that I find doesn't make sense. You don't have to get so agitated for something so trivial.
Not agitated, that's just my way of speaking.

I can understand where your coming from but it'd be better to ask a question if you think it doesn't make sense rather than causing misinformation by accident. Lots of goons here will believe anything.

When has temperature been a discussion in the flames he can control?

Ace has never had a scaling chain accepted in that CRT.

Ace flat out burned through Jinbe's Haki and has burned Whitebeard on multiple occasions. Idk what you guys are talking about
Ace's body heat is enough to stop winter storms passively for Kilometers iirc. He also melted an attack from Kuzan which isn't anything to really scoff at.

I'm not even talking about Ifrit Jambe. Sanji's base heat resistance and heat with Diable Jambe is much hotter than Ace. It just simply has a way better scaling chain.

Akainu Ambient Heat < Base PTS Luffy < FMI Haki Luffy Heat Res ~ Jinbe Haki Heat Res < Promentheus Heat < WCI Luffy Heat Res < WCI Sanji Diable Heat <<< Sanji Ifrit Heat

Akainu Ambient Heat >= Ace Heat

Sanji's armament haki feats include:
  • Blocking a point black blade strike from Daifuku
  • Blocking a spear attack from Judge
  • Protecting himself from Ifrit heat which automatically puts him above Ace's due to him having near 0 feats of Armament

Sure, Ace was able to fight with someone equal to him in power for 5 days, but Sanji literally said that having all of his bones broke + having his organs damaged beyond repair stung A BIT.

Ace can do NOTHING on the level of that to Sanji, therefore Ace won't be able to put him down.

Also, what's stopping Sanji's flames from just engulfing Ace's fire with his own?
Sanji fra

I think Sanji can't compete with the range and AoE of Ace's attacks. The problem for Ace would be if Sanji closed the distance between them (frankly, in melee Sanji annihilates Ace while sleeping).

Queen didn't have any AoE attacks and spent most of the battle using close combat moves.
He literally uses explosions with his spammable light lasers and Brachio-Launchers.

Even if Ace does use a fire AoE attack, what's stopping Sanji from just drilling a hole through the fire explosion with his superior heat to continue to close the distance?

Also, Ace wouldn't just do a huge AoE attack just because Sanji disappeared. He would be just as confused as Queen, if not more since Queen had an idea what was happening.

How are their kenbun showings btw?

Are they comparable?
Ace used precog to see where Whitebeard would move in Episode A which is where he was first confirmed to have it. Sanji's observation is the 2nd best in the Straw Hats. He used it to dodge Katakuri's Jelly Bean.

Even if Ace does use a fire AoE attack, what's stopping Sanji from just drilling a hole through the fire explosion with his superior heat to continue to close the distance?
If he can drill holes through fireballs why didn't he do so when Queen used his ranged attacks?

It's totally in character for him to use an AoE attack, I mean most of his moves are.
Just because it's in character for him to use AoE attacks in general, that doesn't mean he'd just randomly shoot a fire explosion when Sanji suddenly goes invisible. At the very least he'd take several moments to try to figure out what would happen, and by the time he figures it out (if he eventually even does), Sanji would be able to close the distance and combo him, taking him out.

Also, Ace wouldn't just do a huge AoE attack just because Sanji disappeared. He would be just as confused as Queen, if not more since Queen had an idea what was happening.
It's totally in character for him to use an AoE attack, I mean most of his moves are.

Having higher levels of heat doesn't mean that Ace becomes tangible, that only affects his resistance to fire Manipulation.

Just because it's in character for him to use AoE attacks in general, that doesn't mean he'd just randomly shoot a fire explosion when Sanji suddenly goes invisible. At the very least he'd take several moments to try to figure out what would happen, and by the time he figures it out (if he eventually even does), Sanji would be able to close the distance and combo him, taking him out.
Ace would definitely not take a moment to figure out what was going on, he's a simple person he didn't even stop to figure out a counter to Blackbeard which was when he was virtually bloodlusted.

Ace would definitely not take a moment to figure out what was going on, he's a simple person he didn't even stop to figure out a counter to Blackbeard which was when he was virtually bloodlusted.
I wouldn't call him a simple person, and using the Blackbeard fight doesn't work either since

A: Ace was essentially bloodlusted.

B: Ace has no prior knowledge regarding Teach's Devil Fruit

B: He did manage to counter Teach's gravity pull with his fire spears, he used his own AP plus the added force of Teach's gravity pulling Ace towards him to hit harder.

I wouldn't call him a simple person, and using the Blackbeard fight doesn't work either since

A: Ace was essentially bloodlusted.

B: Ace has no prior knowledge regarding Teach's Devil Fruit

B: He did manage to counter Teach's gravity pull with his fire spears, he used his own AP plus the added force of Teach's gravity pulling Ace towards him to hit harder.
A: Fair.

B: He doesn't have any prior knowledge of Sanji, and he was informed about Teach's power by Teach himself.

B: Fair.

And I'd add that even if that's a bad example, it's not in character for Ace to try and figure out what's going on. He's smart enough to know that if he can't see him AoE is the best option, and do so almost instantly.

Colored scans say no, that's a chunk of his magma being flung off. Vaporization is not always indicated by steam or gas, the upper portion of the sword is gone with no traces left of it.

Getting pretty tired of you spreading misinformation whenever you've prove time and time again that you aren't knowledgeable regarding the verse.

The Sword is clearly being vaporized as there's no molten remnants of the sword left. It's been reduced to nothing save for the end part that didn't come into contact with Akainu's passive aura.
0575-003-1.jpg
I think there's a different word for it... Instead of vaporize, I think it's incineration, Combustion or something. Because I think vaporize only works for water and stuff if I remember correctly, not sure tho 🙈

he didn't even stop to figure out a counter to Blackbeard which was when he was virtually bloodlusted.
Ace didn't have to "figure out" Blackbeard's ability because he LITERALLY SHOWED HIM AND TOLD HIM WHAT IT WAS BEFORE HE ATTACKED ACE

If Ace and Sanji are having a somewhat competitive fight, then Sanji randomly goes invisible, Ace isn't just going to automatically explode the area around him.

Back