• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monstrous Fire! The Dragon King - Ultraman Ace vs Bowser

TyranoDoom30

He/Him
Ultraman Ace vs Bowser
images

images

• Both are High 4-C
  • Showa Ace vs Power Star Bowser
  • Speed is equalized
  • Bowser doesn't has any other optional equipment
  • Ace is bloodlusted
Bowser:
Ace: 1
Thunder McQueen:

Last edited:
So Bower is >7.62 FOE and Ace afaik is 3 Foe which means Bower is about 2.5 times stronger. Bowser usually leads with CQC and fire breath.

I'm going through Bowser's page right now and...

How do Curse, Transmutation and Null work exactly? These are the ones that strike me most immediately, and I'd like to get some context about his arsenal in general before I try to fend for Ace.

That said, Ace would also lead to CQC, which might quickly prove to be more difficult after a while considering Bowser has a clearer point in his scaling to go by, which is higher. This will lead to him using either the techniques that increase his output by a considerable margin, or the more esoteric ones like his own paralysis stuff. Because of the nature of Tokusatsu in general, Ace would start with just about anything in his arsenal, especially when he's bloodlusted. Though to be fair that's his natural state.

Like usual, I'm refraining from voting until the cuts are clearer.

How do Curse, Transmutation and Null work exactly? These are the ones that strike me most immediately, and I'd like to get some context about his arsenal in general before I try to fend for Ace.
Power Null works by sucking away a foes move icon with then prevents them from using that ability. Curse mainp lets Bowser control were the target moves or make them move in the opposite direction they want to move. We don't see most of his Transmutation uses on screen but it can affect entire populations of a country at once.

Hmm, so Power Null seems mostly for techniques, which is fine if Ace remains fighting with Bowser as he is without any power ups. Curse Manip could be troublesome, although Ace did fight in a dimension where everything was under the command of Yapool who could freely manipulate it so regaining a sense of direction to counter even a curse-induced might be possible considering the supernatural aspects of both instances.

Transmutation remains a problem if it's ever been specified as a combat-capable technique. I'll keep waiting to see what others think first.

Doesn't Bowser has regen? If so that can give trouble and ignore the Ultra Guillotine. But then again, Ace has experience with regenerating foes like Unitang

Regen could be countered with Sealing or Soul Manipulation if he considers Bowser a Kaiju, which he practically is.

As I'd anticipated. What about soul stuff? We've not clarified it yet, and we haven't figured out how layered it is, but what about getting knocked out on a spiritual level? Ultras typically do these to kaiju if not destroy them at that level, and the potency also corresponds to a verse-based mechanic of their Inner Light which does stack up in their strengths.

As I'd anticipated. What about soul stuff? We've not clarified it yet, and we haven't figured out how layered it is, but what about getting knocked out on a spiritual level? Ultras typically do these to kaiju if not destroy them at that level, and the potency also corresponds to a verse-based mechanic of their Inner Light which does stack up in their strengths.
It seems to be based on mind mainp which Bowser has 2 Layers for resistance too.

Then again, even while bloodthirsty, Ultras prefer to use physical and exploding attacks to kill off foes rather than going for their soul iirc, so i don't think Ace would do that immediately

What is based on mind manipulation? And this is soul interaction we’re talking about.
From my understanding the soul mainp is from interacting with a "deeper consciousness" which requires mind mainp. So afaik it's soul mainp from interacting with the mind which Bowser resists.

From my understanding the soul mainp is from interacting with a "deeper consciousness" which requires mind mainp. So afaik it's soul mainp from interacting with the mind which Bowser resists.
The deeper consciousness here is the soul itself/inner light of the Ultras, you're getting the wrong picture here.

Inner Light stuff works in tandem against both mind and soul, so even if one is resisted it'd still affect the other.

And while Ultras wouldn't immediately go for soul stuff, Bowser's regen would still spur him to do the same. And with New Gen Stars s2 throwing us back through their fights with Yapool, Ultras still do attack the anima of whatever they fight with, typically destroying the energy of their current opposition entirely as seen with Baraba and Reibatos to an extent.

I'm pretty sure Ace didn't neg her regen, and more so overpowered it since it was an acid attack that melted her

Back