• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Accelerator Revisions and minor Kakine revision

Accelerate420 said:
Is Schnee a staff member? He seemed pretty on board with it, not sure who else we can get a hold off.
I suppose Kakine could negate regen or at least durability if his Dark -Matter decomposed them...? But I don't think he can even do that to begin with. Let's save that for a Kakine thread instead. Mind hax is the only thing that I would be willing to sacrifice but even then, if Omnidimensional shit can't slice inside his barrier why would Mind hax do it? Especially when largely it's transmission based?
He is but I don't think he can open locked profiles. Durability negation I can see but not Regenerationn negation. I think we need to see a little bit more proof of that before but as you said this should be left for a Kakine revision thread.

Exactly. I think there is also enough proof, even if it's a little iffy, with Qliphah but it's still more proof of it not being able to than is able to and as you said if Omnidimensional shit can't slice inside or through his barrier than why would mind hax, espeically if it's transmission based.

XDragnoir said:
You know, if a character can break matter in the molecular level, no one without regen on this level will be able to regen. So, if a character can consume/absorb every single atom in an body, someone without regen on this level will not be able to regen.
That makes sense, but you're only negating Regenerationn on a certain level. Does that really count on these profiles?

XDragnoir said:
You know, if a character can break matter in the molecular level, no one without regen on this level will be able to regen. So, if a character can consume/absorb every single atom in an body, someone without regen on this level will not be able to regen.
It's possible but it's just not been proven yet.

But like we said if you want to add these revisions then best to make your own thread on it. That way we don't derail from this thread.

There is no way i am looking over the entire thread, but i will pop in to say that isbt regen negation. That's just destroying beyond what the Regen can do, as opposed to stopping tje Regen where it would otherwise work.

Also, someone who can Regen their arm getting chopped off can Regen their arm getting chopped off, destroyed ob a macro quantum level, erased fron existence, etc because if they can just spawn new arns what jappened to the old pne shouldn't be that important.

Accelerate420 said:
An esper can have all the calculation power they want, but if they lack the inherent talent, they cannot evolve. Talent is also a big deal, otherwise everyone would be a full Esper in AC, so Seria is a bad choice for this.
That's the point, though, calculation power isn't the only factor. The entire ability thing is straight up based on the espers psychology, so obviously that is relevant as well.

Zensum said:
This first bit is stuff that's been stated time and time again...

"That day, my brain was damaged alright. Looking at me now, you should know, right? That I can only use the electrode and let the calculation work be done by others, right? If I enter a place where I can't receive the clones' electrowaves, I can't let the clones do the calculation work for me. And even after therapy, I don't know if my recovered power is half of what I originally had. The battery of this thing can only allow me to fight for 15 minutes—"

"—But then again, just because I've gotten weaker, it doesn't mean that you got stronger, RIGHT?"
For one thing this statement comes from relatively soon after his headshot, before he had much growth and for the other, this is referring to his calculation power, not his ability strength per se.

Mind Hax Resistance: Hamazura and the others didn't look directly at Qliphah's dress, at least not to my knowledge while Accel did in NT20 when he first made a contract with her and Accel was also in the thick of things where most of the madness was taking place. Also and this might not be any extreme proof here but one has to ask why Nephthys didn't try to use her tears of transmission on Accel rather than Qliphah's since that shouldn't have had any vectors. Personally I think this is more than enough proof but either way he should get some mind hax resistance regardless as it has been said he can counteract certain mind based attacks. To me there is more proof that mind hax doesn't work than it does as at least there's some ambulance of proof, while it working there is absolutely none.
Nephthys tears of transmisson aren't mind attacks.

"Tears of transmission? It lets her boost whatever magic she targets?"
It was Qliphah Puzzle 545 who felt a tremor down her spine since she was familiar with magic.

Her marine tail twisted in displeasure.

"It's similar to Annie Horniman's magic, but Nephthys is alone here. What good is boosting magic?"

"Oh, it's good for something. I have a target right here after all."

Nephthys giggled.

She opened her tear-damp eyes and her gaze pierced the target to be boosted.

"Target: Qliphah Puzzle 545 ― Boost.'"

"What!?"

By the time the demon voiced her surprise, it was too late and the situation was explosively changing. Qliphah Puzzle 545 freely controlled the madness of war and its effects were powerful enough to envelop the entire magic kingdom of Great Britain. But now that was amplified. No, it was sent wildly out of control by an external source. Nephthys was indeed a Magic God. A boost from her was more than just a slight push in the right direction. When a hero or warrior was supported by their god, it was not uncommon for their immense success to be paid for with a short life. And their early death would come in a decidedly unhappy form, such as death in battle or execution.

Nephthys was using that as an attack.

All to mess with Accelerator who was closest to that artificial demon.

"Oh, no! Run away, master!!"

Again, it was too late.

The outcome could not be overturned.

"Gh…"

Did a spiraling red mass trail after him because he had coughed up some blood?

"Bfh!?"

The #1's reflection and vector control were useless against Qliphah Puzzle 545's power. He was like a tank or warship caught in the detonation of a shell contained inside itself. And the more powerful he was, the harder it hit him. All of the power Accelerator held was unleashed on his own body and he entered a tailspin as he fell from the train.
They boost magic of a target, which is why using it on Accelerator does nothing.

It is also worth noting that it was said that Accels esper power is useless against Qliphah's power there.

In regards to looking at her: They sat together at the table, so surely they would have looked at her at some point. They might not have read the Qliphoth related information on her dress, but to my knowledge neither has Accelerator.

In regards to the war madness: If those without beheading coins were effected, then the effect was subtle. It's not like all the civilians were marching to fight a war or anything. It's more that the country was put into the mood of fighting a war against enemies. So I stay with my position. I am neither convinced that Accel was targeted nor that we could tell if he was affected.

yes calculation is not the only factor, but in this case it does not matter as reflection is ONLY calculation based, unlike vector control that can be used in many different way

and again lvl 6 shift was a farce , by ur logic the sister should all be lvl 4 by now

again only those who fought are affect civilians are unaffected, that's how the ability works, u need to be in conflict

and again she would have turned of the mind corruption ability for obvious reason (don't kill master without chocker on, don't kill master friend etc)

>They tried to make him more powerful and it wasn't by Math Lessons

Do you even know what reaching Level 6 entails? We LITERALLY EXPLAINED what that Experiment was about. Twice.

The reason why Qliphah's power worked against Accel was because of the contract and the fact that he allows her past his reflection. This is the reason why, even in physical form, she can ignore his reflection, which she has shown many times by the mere fact that her getting up close and personal with him, every time she is summomned. Even Neph pointed out how naive he was for saying Qliphah's full demonic name.

As you said there is no proof that they actually did read what was on the dress but yes Accel has read the dress.

"However, Qliphah Puzzle 545 seemed to be enjoying herself as she got down on all fours to clean up. She also needlessly stuck her little butt out toward him and wagged her tentaclish tail. She was, after all, a being meant to draw out people's malice and desire. Poses that stimulated people's sadism may have been her specialty.

Yes.

The text covering those crinkling newspapers was likely completely different from what Aleister Crowley had seen. It might change depending on who was looking at it.

Materialism, anxiety, greed, lust, ugliness, cruelty, viciousness, rejection, foolishness, and godlessness.

It was all a metaphor for the Qliphoth that pointed to all this world's vices.

Accelerator could only quietly click his tongue.

…Which meant he still felt somewhat uneasy even after this attempt to reduce the tension.

That demon would speak with a voice as sweet as candy but laugh with the grating voice of an old witch. It may have been a part of her demonic devilishness that set people on edge, like listening to a scratchy record that occasionally let the needle skip.

"Nee hee hee. I would really prefer you didn't speak my demonic name out loud all that often."

So yes he has read the dress. Also he's around her practically all the time and with how observant Accel is, it would just be strange if he hadn't read the dress at some point.

I think this is more than enough proof and probably the only proof that we're ever going to get. I mean can you actually provide any proof of mind hax actually working? Because I don't ever remember it ever working.

Please don't quote such massive chunks of text

@Wokista

Ah, sorry about that.

Btw are you able to open locked pages? Everything has basically been agreed with the exception of two things so far. Which is the mind hax resistence and the scaling back of the AP to pre-headshot, everything else has been agreed upon though.

I want to add the changes that have been agreed upon but of course only the ones that have been agreed upon.

Unless you have to wait for everything to be sorted out beforehand?

AP has largely been accepted by literally everyone here but DT despite multiple proof. I fear that may never get added at this point because of this, but the mind-hax I can understand skepticism about.

At this point, I'm unsure if these two things will ever be sorted out. I said my personal opinion that if the majority agrees then it should be accepted.

But at this point I just want to add the other things that have been agreed with, some of these are things that should have been added a long time ago, like gravity manipulation etc. DT said there are two others that we can ask to open the page, Ant is one of course but I'm not sure who the other one is though.

It's just frustrating and silly because it's going nowhere no matter what is said, so we are better off finding other staff members that are familiar with it for this. Isn't there a staff list with people we can contact?

I think only DT and Lazy are the only two staff members that are familar with To aru from what I gather, which is why most staff always go to them as confirmation on things.

I think at this point it's probably best to try and go to Ant and the other staff member who can open pages.

Accelerate420 said:
AP has largely been accepted by literally everyone here but DT despite multiple proof. I fear that may never get added at this point because of this, but the mind-hax I can understand skepticism about.
ap scaling back really does not matter as i explained above thanks to reflection already being 1 c

Malox1696 said:
Accelerate420 said:
ap scaling back really does not matter as i explained above thanks to reflection already being 1 c
It all matters.

It does but at this point I'm not sure we will get these two changes added since I don't know if any other staff member is willing to read through this whole thread, which has now reach 300 replies.

Maybe they don't need to, after all most agree. I might send a message to Antvasma and say that most but one agree with all the changes in the OP and if they can get the page unlocked.

As I said before even if they reject the two changes disagreed by DT, then at least we can get the changes added that have been agreed by everyone finally added.

Fair enough. It's just absolutely stupid that it's gone this long when 90% of the thread is going back to the same stupid thing that's already been AGREED ON BY THE MAJORITY and EXPLAINED BY IN-VERSE QUOTES AND RULES.

But I guess this is just the revision process.

DontTalkDT said:
For one thing this statement comes from relatively soon after his headshot, before he had much growth and for the other, this is referring to his calculation power, not his ability strength per se.
Accelerator is still being supported by the same Misaka Network from the time of his headshot to now is he not? Is there a statement saying this 'growth' which I assume you mean battle experince makes up for his brain damage in base? Calculation power and ability strength are the same thing as far as Accelerator is concerned.

DontTalkDT said:
1. Not understanding how you are getting ability development leads to power increase from the fact different esper powers have different processing requirements? I feel like we are straying from the main point which is Accelerator and not Espers in general. Just like what's been stated for Teleporters, Accelerators calculations are the most important component to his power to the point this growth factor is more or less irrelivant to this conversation. This is because Accelerator's power either works or it doesn't. If he can't calculate the vector he can't reflect it or transform's it's direction. Thus his power itself is weaker as its capacity is decreased. Which is why i'm of the opinion backscaling Accelerator AP should be fine for the same reason his reflection can be backscaled.

2. "The level of "teleportation" was dependent on three factors: the "size of the object", the "distance", and the "accuracy". One of the methods of testing was similar to a shot put contest, but this test required both distance and accuracy."

"Musujime is stronger than me. She can move things 'far away'. But on the downside, her methods of calculations are even more troublesome than mine"

""Calculation ability..." This was critical damage to Accelerator, as he had to first calculate the 'direction before reflection' and 'direction after reflection' before he could use his ability. Even if he could unconsciously use the reflection ability, it was because he unknowingly calculated the simplest formula."

3. The project that was set to fail from the start and was only created to spread the Misaka Network?

4. Accelerator can't simply repair his brain with growth. Experince is really only good for becoming more adept and gaining more applications for the power. It's been shown increasing processing capacity levels up the esper like with the Level Upper network. Various factors determine inherent potential and talent/power development. The series hasn't given a definitive answer on what these are.

Both Accelerator (after the headshot) and the narration (while bias neutral) explain how calculations are the primariry source for Accelerator's power, I'll have to agree with Zensum due to the sheer number of quotes that agree with the point.

Accelerator's 'power' has always been heavily reliant on calculations so I have no idea why anyone would think it'd work like 'Fight enemy, get stronger'. Especially citing the Sisters Experiment which was a sham from the start is very poor form.

You can find them on the mangaing staff. I don't want to just ask any but on the other hand I really want to get the changes that have been agreed to finally be added. Really this is the third Accel CRT that hasn't got done.

There's still other things that also need to be added like the description for the Platinum wings and for the Clonoth. The two should be treated as seperate as shown in NTR22 though.

Going off here but about Analytical Prediction would Accel sensing Neph before she attacked counts as an example? I'm not sure.

no that was more like him having a bad feeling about it, the fight with elizard counts tho

btw would like to add that's thanks to the accel anime it's quite clear the coffin are partially magic based even tho they use esper power, so another explanation on to why accel was not able to fully reflect them

Malox1696 said:
no that was more like him having a bad feeling about it, the fight with elizard counts tho

btw would like to add that's thanks to the accel anime it's quite clear the coffin are partially magic based even tho they use esper power, so another explanation on to why accel was not able to fully reflect them
The anime is fixing a lot of holes the manga had which I'm thankful for. I always thought the 'it exceeded calc power" thing was pure bull, it made no sense, but the fact that it's magic makes far more sense that it can slip through cracks.

Yeah it was just him having a bad feeling, but with Kakine and Elizard it's definitely the case, otherwise I have no clue how he was able to read Kakine's method of creating and filter it aside from vector-reading the atmosphere.

That makes more sense with the coffins that they are magic based and thus probably the main reason why Accel's reflection didn't work. It makes me wonder if this is the reason why Accel could reflect magic in OT20 since he had come into contact with magic previously although unknowingly to him.

Accel's gut instincts are pretty good if that's the case but yeah, Elizard and Kakine would be the better examples.

>The Ability to switch places - Replace

I'm watching the episode now in sub and there's no way he doesn't have some sort of analytical prediction ability. My assumption is his vectors read the atmosphere and it relays information on what is being used. Vector Reading. This episode just reinforces the feat.

Accelerate420 said:
>The Ability to switch places - Replace
Is this something to do with the Coffin or Accel? Sorry I'm confused at this part, haven't watched the episode yet though but it's good that this is being reinforced. It seems like Accel might see the world in vectors.

Coffin. He got teleported and he immediately figured out the method and even the ability name. Sounds sort of like information analysis through reading the world/ability, so it reinforces those two feats pretty hard.

he actually didn't get teleported, it was the coffin that teleported in the anime

btw yes he does reads the vector in the area around him, it's required to use his ability (in the anime it's how he detected the invisible coffin as it still interacted with air he just read air vectors, after all he already sees and calculates them)

Well he is a genius, he figured out magic with nothing but some parchment in hand, how to defeat the GD grimorie and 545, kekinay DM , etc

Back