• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the 1-A Great Old Ones (Cthulhu Mythos)

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
Regarding the Great Old Ones, I've noticed that they are rated at 1-A solely because they are described as being "undimensioned". As far as I am aware, this is the only piece of evidence supporting this rating for them, and given the recent revisions to the Tiering System, that quote alone is not enough to qualify for 1-A anymore, so unless someone shows something that supports them staying at this level, I suggest it to be taken out.

I agree with this as well.

Not only does it not automatically equate to 1-A, but I'm about 90% certain that it doesn't even entitle them to Beyond-Dimensional Existence.

I heard about some CM revisions going on so the Great boomers will probably have a different tier anyways. So for the time being what should replace 1-A? Unknown perhaps?

The Great Old Ones are undergoing revisions as we speak but thanks for pointing this out I guess? They might still be 1-A once revisions are complete but it looks like they'll most likely be Unknown.

The Cthulhu Mythos Revisions barely addressed the GOOs and are deader than a box of rocks right now, so I just figured I'd point that out.

Ultima Reality said:
The Cthulhu Mythos Revisions barely addressed the GOOs and are deader than a box of rocks right now, so I just figured I'd point that out.
To be fair, the Great Old Ones are really vague beyond that one quote so I hope you can see why they aren't being analyzed right now. We briefly dicussed the GOOs in the thread that brought up the revisions (I'm even the one who brought them up) and looks like they're landing in Unknown until further notice.

But I can see why you brought this up so fair enough I suppose.

The Omnipotente said:
Will all the great old ones be upgraded?
Not really. With just how dimensions work in the Mythos they could be anywhere from Low 1-C to 1-A+ . It's better for now that they remain unknown. Personally, if anything comes up I think it would put them back at 1-A but we'd just have to wait and see.

Other Mythos profiles may be upgraded though.

the Great Old Ones we shouldn't tier. Cthuhu's 4-C rating I debunked greatly and the undimensioned thing is vague for even Mythos standards.

Okay. I suppose that giving them unknown ratings seems supported then.

Back